• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Giants season over.
    Tom Petty dead.
    Massacre in Vegas.

Thanks October. I hate you already.
    Time to enjoy what you got in your family. Maybe take a day trip to see the fall colors, go pumpkin picking, then find a nice German place for some schnitzel and Octoberfest beer. Request "Running Down a Dream" from the accordion player.

Comment

• Should we sign Odell to a long term contract or would you rather spread the wealth?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Should we sign Odell to a long term contract or would you rather spread the wealth?
        The Giants are 0-4. As good as he is, I think they can manage that without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Should we sign Odell to a long term contract or would you rather spread the wealth?
          I'm not sure what they should do about anything , this team looks like they are a total mess top to bottom... see how the rest of this season plays out maybe a clearer picture will develop in terms of what needs or more likely is going happen....
          Last edited by byron; 10-03-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            I'm not what they should do about anything this team looks like they are a total mess top to bottom... see how the rest of this season plays out maybe a clearer picture will develop in terms of what needs or more likely is going happen....
            Well said.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• I think the first order of business is getting a new HC. Sorry to pull the trigger so quick on BM, but I didn't like the hire from the start and last season while good, I think had more to do with Spags and overall better health than anything BM did.

Comment

• I would suggest:
                -new GM-
                -new HC-
                -new OL...at least 3-

Whatever after that.....
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• New GM goes without saying. His performance over the past 5 years has been terrible. Maybe you can argue the logic of each individual decision at the time it was made, but the end result has been an unmitigated disaster. This sport is results oriented and the results are clear.

Comment

• I think we all need a good, long winded MH rant in our lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

The Giants are 0-4. As good as he is, I think they can manage that without him.
                      Since hes been here the Giants are 23-29. Ya hit the nail on the head. I don't think its worth it.

Comment

• GM first, and Mara works with the new GM to hire a coach they can both live with. It's poison to not have the GM involved in that decision.
                        I won't be surprised if the choice of GM, and or coach comes from a person already with the Steelers or GB. The Mara's are closest to the Rooney's, but also with the GB Admin.. Remember, BM came from GB. I am sure GB believed Mac was going to have the goods to do the job, and Mara and Reese bought that assessment. Neither Tomlin or McCarthy is going anywhere, so one of their coordinators could be the next guy.
                        Back in 1960 when Jim Lee Howell coached his last season, we had Lombardi, Landry, and Sherman on the coaching staff. Wellington and Tim chose Sherman, and the rest is history.
                        We need one of those good existing OC or DC's, like Landry or Lombardi, on a staff that is just waiting to get his shot at HC.
                        Mac was Rogers QB coach. Big deal. That gave him zero experience to be an OC under Coughlin, and even less credentials to be HC of our team. He doesn't have the goods... time to move on.
                        Not sure Spags is HC material either. He'd be pissed to be passed over, but that might happen.
                        This team needs discipline on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• I wouldn't give HC to Spags. I like Spags, I think he's had great moments as a DC, but it just feels like the wrong move.

I'm not sure who the right guy would be, but I would start looking at what Parcells and TC brought here and how their approaches worked with the players they had.
                          "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                            I wouldn't give HC to Spags. I like Spags, I think he's had great moments as a DC, but it just feels like the wrong move.

I'm not sure who the right guy would be, but I would start looking at what Parcells and TC brought here and how their approaches worked with the players they had.
                            I love Spags, but if they hire anybody currently on the staff I will be very upset.

Comment

• I love Spags too but he is a DC, nothing more.

Comment

• Question, if at the end of the 1st quarter the Giants are down 56-0, do you shut the game off?

Comment

Working...
                                X