Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahaa some guy and a woman came in trying to sell Islander tickets for the team. I told him right away I was a Ranger fan, the girl laughed and said she was a Devils fan. They said any game, any seat for 50 bucks except the Rangers game. Great deal but....its the Isles.

They must really be hurting.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      hahahaa some guy and a woman came in trying to sell Islander tickets for the team. I told him right away I was a Ranger fan, the girl laughed and said she was a Devils fan. They said any game, any seat for 50 bucks except the Rangers game. Great deal but....its the Isles.

They must really be hurting.
      I'd pay $50 a ticket to watch them against the Devils. Is there easy train access to get there?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I'd pay $50 a ticket to watch them against the Devils. Is there easy train access to get there?
        How about the Giant/Rams game, Nov. 5? Ticket for free. Not sure my son can go with me. I'd pick you up and drop you back off. Enjoying a Win is not guaranteed.

Comment

This coming weekend.
          Yes.

Comment

If they're playing in Brooklyn it would be relatively easy but long. Probably 3 hours each way, .

Your time is worth more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

How about the Giant/Rams game, Nov. 5? Ticket for free. Not sure my son can go with me. I'd pick you up and drop you back off. Enjoying a Win is not guaranteed.
              Thanks, but I do not enjoy football live for many reasons. Hockey, baseball and Basketball I prefer to see live. The only football I go see live is the occasional Penn game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

If they're playing in Brooklyn it would be relatively easy but long. Probably 3 hours each way, .

Your time is worth more than that.
                No express train? Only takes 5 hours to get to Boston on Acela.

Comment

Thanks, but I do not enjoy football live for many reasons. Hockey, baseball and Basketball I prefer to see live. The only football I go see live is the occasional Penn game.
                  lol, Jenn... I know that... we've discussed it before... but, figured I'd give it another shot, especially with the door-to-door service.
                  But, I do understand. I'll probably try again next year.... just in hopes of finally meeting you.

Comment

• Zim, I have never had an enjoyable experience at an NFL game. I have been to enough to know that I will never attend another one. But I appreciate the invite. Frankly it surprises me that anyone who enjoys the sport also enjoys attending the games. Based on my experience those two likes are in direct opposition to one another.

Comment

I live in Bergen County.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I live in Bergen County.

lol... if he can't go I'll be looking for someone to take.. I will keep you in mind, Joe.
                        My tickets are always free.

Comment

Zim, I have never had an enjoyable experience at an NFL game. I have been to enough to know that I will never attend another one. But I appreciate the invite. Frankly it surprises me that anyone who enjoys the sport also enjoys attending the games. Based on my experience those two likes are in direct opposition to one another.
                          Yes, I remember we had this discussion before...
                          I was manager of these family tickets since '76. They go back to '43, or '44. There was always someone to take that would enjoy a game, even when they were horrible... my wife, 2 sons, or a friend... so I enjoyed. I gave the managing away to a younger family member after this new stadium opened, There are 4 of us to split them, so I get at least 2 games a year and 1 preseason every other year. Actually, I enjoy a preseason game because I can see the new draftees, FA's, and get a feel for the depth. This will be the only game I'll go to this year. My son and his wife went to Detroit and my Sales Manager will be taking his grandson to the Chargers game this week.
                          I would rather watch from home... warm, no traffic to fight, replays with discussion... it is a better experience from home, but I would feel guilty if I didn't use a ticket every year. I don't think Aunt Jean, who started the tickets, ever missed a single game from the beginning to '76. Then she was just getting older and wanted to stay home. She never had a license to drive, but was just a subway ride away from Yankee Stadium, until they played Yale Bowl or Shea. That's where I came in after I married into her family in '67. She lived with us during the season and I became the chauffer for her, and she had someone to watch the game with when it was an away game.
                          Last edited by zimonami; 10-04-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

No express train? Only takes 5 hours to get to Boston on Acela.
                            Yeah, but then you probably need to do a subway to the arena and back to the train terminal. I'm guessing of course, but I don't know of a direct amtrak train to brooklyn, I think they all go through Penn, not aware of any brooklyn stops.

Comment

Yes, I remember we had this discussion before...
                              I was manager of these family tickets since '76. They go back to '43, or '44. There was always someone to take that would enjoy a game, even when they were horrible... my wife, 2 sons, or a friend... so I enjoyed. I gave the managing away to a younger family member after this new stadium opened, There are 4 of us to split them, so I get at least 2 games a year and 1 preseason every other year. Actually, I enjoy a preseason game because I can see the new draftees, FA's, and get a feel for the depth. This will be the only game I'll go to this year. My son and his wife went to Detroit and my Sales Manager will be taking his grandson to the Chargers game this week.
                              I would rather watch from home... warm, no traffic to fight, replays with discussion... it is a better experience from home, but I would feel guilty if I didn't use a ticket every year. I don't think Aunt Jean, who started the tickets, ever missed a single game from the beginning to '76. Then she was just getting older and wanted to stay home. She never had a license to drive, but was just a subway ride away from Yankee Stadium, until they played Yale Bowl or Shea. That's where I came in after I married into her family in '67. She lived with us during the season and I became the chauffer for her, and she had someone to watch the game with when it was an away game.
                              I get that. Under he same circumstances, I'd do at least a game as well. It just feels right. Jenn's truth notwithstanding.

Comment

• I really think we should try and get a few picks for Odell before the trade deadline. Giants need to rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X