This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Yeah, but then you probably need to do a subway to the arena and back to the train terminal. I'm guessing of course, but I don't know of a direct amtrak train to brooklyn, I think they all go through Penn, not aware of any brooklyn stops.
    They all do go through Penn, I thought maybe there was another express line in NJ to NY. I use Acela to get to Boston quite often. How long on the subway from Penn to Brooklyn?

Also, is there a locker rental near the stadium? I know my jacket will not pass the metal detector test.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I really think we should try and get a few picks for Odell before the trade deadline. Giants need to rebuild.

It seems best if you let others do the thinking for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

It seems best if you let others do the thinking for you.
        Yea I don't care. I like having a player like Odell but the Giants are below .500 since he's been here. He's helped win some games for them especially last year but we need to totally revamp the oline, need a rb and more depth at the wr. I don't think signing him to a big contract helps this offense at all. Rather have draft picks and cap space to go after free agents.

Comment

If they're playing in Brooklyn it would be relatively easy but long. Probably 3 hours each way, .

Your time is worth more than that.
          This.

Comment

They all do go through Penn, I thought maybe there was another express line in NJ to NY. I use Acela to get to Boston quite often. How long on the subway from Penn to Brooklyn?

Also, is there a locker rental near the stadium? I know my jacket will not pass the metal detector test.
            1/2 hour by Subway from Penn Station.
            You are better off getting a locker in Penn Station. Once you get off the Subway and to Barclay's Center I don't think you'll find a locker before having to pass security... there are probably lockers inside the Barclay Center, but I don't know when they check the fans.
            lol on the jacket. If you leave it in Penn Station you'll feel naked/vulnerable on the subway ride.. My titanium knife and the titanium posts and screws in my back don't trigger the metal detectors.
            Last edited by zimonami; 10-05-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

1/2 hour by Subway from Penn Station.
              You are better off getting a locker in Penn Station. Once you get off the Subway and to Barclay's Center I don't think you'll find a locker before having to pass security... there are probably lockers inside the Barclay Center, but I don't know when they check the fans.
              lol on the jacket. If you leave it in Penn Station you'll feel naked/vulnerable on the subway ride.. My titanium knife and the titanium posts and screws in my back don't trigger the metal detectors.
              In those situations I will just pay a local business to hold onto it for me until I come out. If there is none I think I can trust, I will hide it somewhere nearby. I'm pretty good at that. I've never tested titanium, not worth getting arrested to try to sneak one by. I am pretty sure titanium is detectable, just harder to detect. I have a couple of "knives" carved out of black walnut for binging places like that. Just in case. They are surprisingly sharp on the edges, really heavy for their size too.

Comment

In those situations I will just pay a local business to hold onto it for me until I come out. If there is none I think I can trust, I will hide it somewhere nearby. I'm pretty good at that. I've never tested titanium, not worth getting arrested to try to sneak one by. I am pretty sure titanium is detectable, just harder to detect. I have a couple of "knives" carved out of black walnut for binging places like that. Just in case. They are surprisingly sharp on the edges, really heavy for their size too.
                I've been through metal detectors dozens of times... even at a courthouse... and my knife nor my spinal hardware have ever set off the alarm. At the courthouse, about 10 years ago, when I passed through without an alarm I pulled the titanium knife out of my pocket and showed it to the security cop and told him it didn't trigger it. He brought me in to his Captain who was pissed and said he'd look into it. "I think we need more sensitive detectors," is what he said.... but, I'm not sure there are.

Comment

• "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• cute

Comment

• You certainly are
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

What I meant to say is that I think they terminate in Penn and/or head north from there; I do not think any continue on to Brooklyn. Brooklyn to Penn is about a half hour (not including waiting time)

Comment

What I meant to say is that I think they terminate in Penn and/or head north from there; I do not think any continue on to Brooklyn. Brooklyn to Penn is about a half hour (not including waiting time)

Waiting at Penn?

Comment

• https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...vers/23233205/

First comment:
                            Hi Cam....as a female I thought it was funny when you were too scared to dive on that loose ball in Super Bowl 50....lol!

hahhahhaaaaa

Comment

• Thank you Cam Newton.

Because of your stupidity, there will be something else for the world to talk about in football this week besides the kneeling.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Oh great, more politics mixed in with my sports. They are going to harp on this well into next season now, a bunch of people will march on something and more SJWs will scream. All because an arrogant idiot football player acted like an arrogant idiot football player. I'm glad he said something like that, I prefer when the idiots pick themselves out of the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X