This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    These boards have a dilema. There is a note at the top of the forum saying that absolutely no religion or politics can be discussed here. Well since the league has made itself a political entity with their actions this season, that means we cannot talk about anything NFL. It has become a subset of the democratic party. So by discussing it, you are talking about actions taken by the democratic party. So is it politics that isn't allowed or just politics from a point of view outside the democratic party?
    lol... I thought the same thing when the owners, players, and Commissioner dumped on Trump for his remarks, and most said they support the players making their protest.
    That immediately becomes a political stand in our game.... and, we cannot discuss or remark on it?.
    Yet, the mods on here have been quite liberal (is that the wrong choice of words? Tolerant is better?) in allowing discussion on that particular topic... so?
    I think the THEE thread gets more slack on political and religious topics than any other thread on these entire boards...so, no complaint.

Funny how, so suddenly, politics have insinuated themselves into the NFL. Who knew that Kaepernick's kneel would become such an polarizing political issue in a game that should be, and has always managed to be apolitical. The fights about it on FB have been incredible. I have seen old friends "Unfriend" each other because of it. Same thing before and after the elections, even among family... hating on anyone who was pro Trump.
    Trump really has had quite an effect on our lives. His mere presence has taxed the patience and compassion of many. I have seen very mild mannered people, particularly women who wanted so badly for Hillary to win, become hateful to friends and family because of it. And, now, anything that goes wrong is Trumps fault. To listen to many of them, he is at fault for Puerto Rico's problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

lol... I thought the same thing when the owners, players, and Commissioner dumped on Trump for his remarks, and most said they support the players making their protest.
      That immediately becomes a political stand in our game.... and, we cannot discuss or remark on it?.
      Yet, the mods on here have been quite liberal (is that the wrong choice of words? Tolerant is better?) in allowing discussion on that particular topic... so?
      I think the THEE thread gets more slack on political and religious topics than any other thread on these entire boards...so, no complaint.

Funny how, so suddenly, politics have insinuated themselves into the NFL. Who knew that Kaepernick's kneel would become such an polarizing political issue in a game that should be, and has always managed to be apolitical. The fights about it on FB have been incredible. I have seen old friends "Unfriend" each other because of it. Same thing before and after the elections, even among family... hating on anyone who was pro Trump.
      Trump really has had quite an effect on our lives. His mere presence has taxed the patience and compassion of many. I have seen very mild mannered people, particularly women who wanted so badly for Hillary to win, become hateful to friends and family because of it. And, now, anything that goes wrong is Trumps fault. To listen to many of them, he is at fault for Puerto Rico's problems.
      The problem isn't Trump. The problem is the hysterical left that blows up on everything and everyone. If people would stop turning it up to 11 on everything he does it is pretty clear what he is. He's a salesman, his story changes depending on his audience of the moment. He sold the US republicans on him as president. He doesn't support the consevative values of the republicans. He doesn't even serve the classical liberals who find themselves on the other side of the aisle now that there is nothing left on the left for them anymore. The regressive left has taken over the democratic party and most rational thinking americans see that and want no part of it. They got a black president and tried to double down and get a woman president. It failed because they picked about the most corrupt person to ever run for the presidency as their woman. They lost to a very good salesman, who was so good he got the most vocal of his opponent's supporters to push anyone on the fence straight at him.

I have no love for Trump, but I said durring the primaries that he would be president. The republicans were too slow to respond to stop his candidacy and the democrats were too stupid to beat him. Now this NFL thing came up and it is a huge win for Trump. Trump had no business telling the NFL who they should fire. Nearly everyone agrees with that. But 69% of americans believe that kneeling durring the anthem is wrong. The left decides to make this their rallying cry against Trump. Not smart when you are going against 69% of the population. So what happened? The NFL owners showed that they will not allow themselves to be told what to do with their private business. But they stood, not knelt, with their players to do it. Soon the NFL will put a stop to the kneeling. The NBA has come out and said that their players cannot kneel. They weren't even involved and already had a rule on the books to prevent it; but another win for Trump. Now 69% of Americans see that their president was able to put a stop to this nonsense for which they disapprove. Huge, huge win for Trump handed to him by the regressive left.

The leadership on the left is incredibly stupid and nothing shows it more than allowing themselves to be baited into taking this on as a banner.

Comment

• I am surrounded by people who disagree with my point of view and are angry with me because I wouldn't vote for Hillary. Calling me a traitor to women. Whatever, sorry I won't vote for somebody simply because she has a vagina. They complain to me that women don't have proper representation. IDKWTF they are talking about. Women make up 54% of the registered voters in the US and are nearly 10% more likely to actually vote. Women control who wins most elections, how is that not proper representation when we can vote for those we want to represent us in this country?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          And, now, anything that goes wrong is Trumps fault. To listen to many of them, he is at fault for Puerto Rico's problems.

Friggin guy is throwing paper towels at a crowd with a smile on his face while people are dying.

Is he responsible for the hurricane? No. Is he responsible for his atrocious behaviour making a joke out of a horrendous situation? You bet.

Guy referred to Katrina as a "real disaster".......meanwhile PR is destroyed.

Don't get me started on this idiot. I'm no hard core liberal, and I gave him a real chance because I want him to succeed, because it benefits everyone if he's doing a good job as president. But I've seen enough....and I'm sure the worst is yet to come.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• BTW....I don't hold anything against those who voted for him; it was the two worst candidates I've seen in my lifetime. I also don't agree with those constantly harping about what a horrible guy he is.....if anyone didn't know that before, they hadn't been paying attention.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

WTF are Morehead and Pizz anyway?
              Morehead seems to be on break. Probably due to the inability to reasonably ignore the now glaringly obvious failures of his hero, Jerry Reese.

JP is probably reading but hasn't seen anything worth replying to

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Friggin guy is throwing paper towels at a crowd with a smile on his face while people are dying.

Is he responsible for the hurricane? No. Is he responsible for his atrocious behaviour making a joke out of a horrendous situation? You bet.

Guy referred to Katrina as a "real disaster".......meanwhile PR is destroyed.

Don't get me started on this idiot. I'm no hard core liberal, and I gave him a real chance because I want him to succeed, because it benefits everyone if he's doing a good job as president. But I've seen enough....and I'm sure the worst is yet to come.
                Dying? In Puerto Rico? it is up to 34. That is a low number compared to the devastation in Mexico where 355 died, right around the same time, from the earthquake in Mexico City. What are we doung for them?
                72 dead from Harvey in the devastation in Texas and 50 dead in Florida from their hurricane devastation.
                Bottom line... that's a lot of **** to hit the fan in just less than 10 days, and the Government is helping them all.
                Here... check out our aid to Puerto Rico on Snopes, who have been proven to be Liberal based as 90% of their funding comes from Liberals, and they have admitted to being beholden to those sources, But, I'll let you sort it out. There is still a ton of aid that has gone to Puerto Rico. The Governor has expressed his appreciation. The mayor of San Juan, who admits to being strongly liberal and Anti-Trump is the lone loud voice complaining that we haven't done enough/
                I have seen a half dozen pics of Trump hugging homeless people in Puerto Rico. So, someone takes his picture in a moment of levity, tossing a roll of paper towels, and that defines his view on their situation??? God that is insanely unfair... yet he is condemned for that brief action.
                He sent dozens of helicopters, and ships to aid Puerto Rico.
                I have always hated Trump. I am NY City born and bred and I have seen Trump up close and personal since he broke into the scene in his 30's. But, now he is our President and I am not going to condemn him where it is not justified, and it is not justified in Puerto Rico.
                Last edited by zimonami; 10-06-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...927-story.html
                  I lost the snopes post... but, they admitted we have sent an incredible amount of aid to Puerto Rico.

Comment

I am surrounded by people who disagree with my point of view and are angry with me because I wouldn't vote for Hillary. Calling me a traitor to women. Whatever, sorry I won't vote for somebody simply because she has a vagina. They complain to me that women don't have proper representation. IDKWTF they are talking about. Women make up 54% of the registered voters in the US and are nearly 10% more likely to actually vote. Women control who wins most elections, how is that not proper representation when we can vote for those we want to represent us in this country?
                    I'm in your same boat. Have always hated him. Arrogant narcissist. But, Hillary chills my bones in her corruption, and that is corruption in DC that we can do without. Trumpis an ******* with no filter between his brain and his mouth, but he is not wrong on everything he does, Even when he does a decent thing. the left find a way to paint him as horrible... like the paper towel throwing moment that Joe points out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                      BTW....I don't hold anything against those who voted for him; it was the two worst candidates I've seen in my lifetime. I also don't agree with those constantly harping about what a horrible guy he is.....if anyone didn't know that before, they hadn't been paying attention.
                      I don't vote, because my choice would always cancel out who my wife votes for. We both always hated Trump's personality, would turn the channel if he appeared, celebrated when he didn't get to build his catering hall at Jones Beach... but I was on board with his notion of running the country like a business, and the need to bring back businesses at whatever cost or inconvenience to us. I see stocks up, don't know of anyone out of work or really struggling. We're finally saving money and looking to get work done on our house - and all the contractors say they're too busy to take on new work.
                      I realize there are plenty of people offended, and worried about what other countries might do, but it seems we will always have these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        JP is probably reading but hasn't seen anything worth replying to
                        I know, let's talk about wrestling. I always liked Seargent Slaughter, and The Missing Link.

Comment

These boards have a dilema. There is a note at the top of the forum saying that absolutely no religion or politics can be discussed here. Well since the league has made itself a political entity with their actions this season, that means we cannot talk about anything NFL. It has become a subset of the democratic party. So by discussing it, you are talking about actions taken by the democratic party. So is it politics that isn't allowed or just politics from a point of view outside the democratic party?
                          Other boards I used to be on, any liberal or progressive points of view were left to continue and were applauded. Usually with no open discussion, just this needs to be done and don't dare question it. Anything conservative, regardless of how reasonable or time honored, was attacked and you are a monster for for bringing it up.
                          This is the first and only sports related forum I've been on, the other boards didn't originally warn against political or religious discussions. By time they made that rule, the place was an ugly mess and lost many good members.
                          All you here are great to talk things over with. I really don't have much of an issue with any of the members, it seems most have a sense of humor at least. The mods are more involved and in ways weirder than I'm used to.

Comment

• I just wonder how all these safe space college students who riot if they hear a point of view different than their own ever plans to hold down a job. Many of them are shouting for diversity, so long as it isn't diversity of thought. Their idea of a "protest" is shouting down the other side and not hearing their views. How can you protest something when you never bothered to learn what the people you are protesting are saying.

If I can find the clip, I will post it. But someone asked a protester at one of these college riot protests who she was protesting with the "Get Out Nazi Scum" sign. She said she didn't know just her LBGTQ group leader that they needed to come down and protest a hate speech speaker. The you tube questioner than said, "So you don't know you are protesting an Orthodox Jew by calling him a Nazi?" Perplexed look on her face she says "Well then they can't speak here either!"

This is a spokesperson for free speech and tolerance? I think it was a Lauren Southern video, not sure. The responses she gets from people really make me laugh sometimes.

Comment

• Most don't address me directly... they respond, "Anyone who supports Trump is______. Fill in the blank with your favorite denigrating word.
                              It doesn't matter what he does... on every single day on the news channels they will only concentrate on something stupoid that he says (that is a daily assurity), or something he has or has not done that is reprehensible.

They have ignored that he has already reduced the deficit by $100 billion.
                              Except for September, where everyone knows that the unemployment, 33,000, is due to the hurricane problems in Fl and TX,, employment for blacks, teens, and women are at an all time high, and unemployment as a whole has decreased substantially since he took office.

Every single supplier that my company uses have all had unusually long deliveries because they say they have never been so busy.

I will always support our President, regardless if I have voted for them, or not.

He is derided as racist, clueless, incompetent, disgusting, etc. this is on a daily basis.
                              And, because of who and what he has always been, he feeds their hate every single day with one quirky statement or another.
                              Then they deride him for throwing a roll of paper towels in a moment of levity... as if that one gesture defines a blithe, uncaring, and incompetent attitude about his feelings for Puerto Rico. Naturally they dismiss the pictures of him chatting with and hugging the homeless.
                              It is so slanted, disrespectful and despicable treatment of our President that they are making me root for a man I have disliked for over 30 years.

Comment

• Zim
                                I've never met you, but I hope one day a bunch of us can get together for an hour or two, maybe before a game..
                                At any rate I feel as though I've come to know you folks better than any other internet thing I've come across. I can say you all are great people from what I've read here.
                                We all have our feelings about everything. Particularly politics lately. I want to restate: I want our president to succeed. Failure affects everyone.
                                I have not seen a single example of trump trying. Zero. I will refrain from listing a bunch of examples, unless you want them, because it won't change yours or anyone's perspective.
                                You said you don't like him. Nor do I. But I don't hold a thing against you or anyone for supporting him.
                                My thing is: has he in 9 months of office ever done a single thing, NOT benefiting from the Obama administration previously acted, not a single positive thing. With ALL due respect, your numbers are off.
                                Nothing regarding jobs and the economy is up.

However, I didn't join this board to talk politics, and I think most rational folks would say politicians are all crooked lying dopes only in it for themselves.

We've got bigger problems at stake:
                                the Giants suck and MH and Rudy are missing.
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X