This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Giants mow through talented WRs. Use them up very quickly. Hilliard(neck), Burress(leg), Smith(knee), Nicks(knee), Cruz(knee)....Beckham(ankle)?

At this point, the season is so bad it is comical. Wouldn't be surprised if Mara breaks from the mold and fires Reese and McAdoo once the 9th game is lost.

LOL at all the people who thought the Giants would win this game, its as if they haven't been watching the first 4 games.
    That's all Manning's fault. I read it on the internet, that means its true.

Comment

Who's performance surprises ou the most this season?

For me it is Perkins. I didn't expect him to be an All-pro or anything, but I though he had the quickness to provide a servicable running game for the Giants despite some of the OL deficiencies.
      I agree on Perkins... what happened to his vision? He seemed to be able to slide away from congestion at the line... and nowhe's running right into it, like Ron Dayne did.
      Flowers is a big disappointment. His best season has been as a rookie, when he played with a really bad ankle.
      Last year he was embarrassing. Then he busted his butt working out this past off season, yet he still stinks.
      I think a good deal of it is the coaching... do you start with the OL coach?
      In the first game there was a pass play where all the linemen pulled into their normal blocking stance. Lots of action all over the line, as it mostly collapsed in on Eli.... and, there was Bobby Hart, in his stance, but with not a soul to block. There wasn't a Dallas defender between the center and the tackle, so he just stood there while other guys were getting double teamed. Not one time did he look left or right to see where he might be able to help another team mate. Eli got an incomplete pass off a fraction of a second before he was crushed... and Hart never touched a single Dallas defender.
      To me, that's bad coaching, and bad discipline from the coaches and the player.

Comment

• I still can't get over at how slow Perkins looks. Maybe he's been injured.

Comment

• Y.A. Tittle died

Comment

Y.A. Tittle died
            The moderator?
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

The moderator?
              The QB

Comment

• Damn.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• BM says Odell is out for the season

Comment

BM says Odell is out for the season
                    Yea, it was ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Yea, it was ugly.
                      Nobody is surprised, just figured you'd want to know it is official.

Comment

The QB
                        Well, he was over 90. Maybe this will be a good diversion for the main section of these boards, looks like most are in quite a nasty mood.

Comment

damn, Big Ben threw 5 picks yesterday against Tommys Jags. Tom caught all of em.
                          He saw them all? Maybe he's on a new medication that makes him more alert, now.

Comment

Nobody is surprised, just figured you'd want to know it is official.
                            Im surprised nobody made a thread about whether hell be back, or at least how he wont be as expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

That's all Manning's fault. I read it on the internet, that means its true.
                              It's getting hard to not consider being somewhat the common factor. I'd like to blame the game plan, the routes they come up with - or maybe because the running game has been so poor, there's more coverage on the WRs. But Gilbride's system was so much different than whatever they claim to be doing now, and the running game was quite effective for Manning's earlier years.
                              Regardless, this is one reason I'm for concentrating on line talent, and could care less if no one outside NY would be able to name a single one of our team's receivers. Looks like the rest of this season will make one of these come true.

Comment

Im surprised nobody made a thread about whether hell be back, or at least how he wont be as expensive.
                                It gets even more complicated, now. Would they commit to a big contract, after what happened with Cruz? Won't his desire to restructure be even more urgent? No one can predict if he'll ever be the same player.

Comment

Working...
                                X