Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You'd think Rudy would drop by for a howdy.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

      It gets even more complicated, now. Would they commit to a big contract, after what happened with Cruz? Won't his desire to restructure be even more urgent? No one can predict if he'll ever be the same player.
      That's not true, anyone can predict anything.

      I predict he will retire from football after the season to follow his true passion, model train building. He feels he needs the extra time to prepare for the 2019 spring expo. After 3 years of trying and failing to make his mark in the world of model trains, he will try to make a comback to sports and sign on with the expansion MLS team in Charlotte NC. There he spends 5 seasons mostly on the bench before retiring. After slipping into the world of "where are they now" athletes, Eli Manning asks him to give his introduction at his HOF introduction ceremony. His speech is so eloquent that the NFLPA hires him as a spokesperson. As the NFL and NFLPA try to work together to keep the league from going defunct. With 16 teams having already gone under and the last ditch effort on the only TV contract left with "The CW" showing NFL tape delay NFL games at midnight 7 days a week being cancelled due to poor ratings and lack of advertising income, the league shuts its doors after just 4 seasons. But Mr. Beckham distiguished himself in his role gaining popularity accross the country and parlays that into a senate seat with NJ for 3 terms before being asked to be the running mate of the democratic persidential candidate. This is when tapes are leaked that he was involved in a point shaving scheme while playing soccer in Charolette. With the political mess created, he is forced to step down from the race in the midst of his legal troubles. After 9 years in courts, Odel makes a deal with the prosecutor that lets him walk. The disgraced former athlete, senator and model train enthusiast; moves to Tibet to, in his words "find reason and peace in this world of constant competition". He is photographed as he is leaving the airport and this is the last time he is seen until his body is found in a Kiev brothel, his heart giving out and his bank accounts empty at 82 years old.

      See, prediction, anyone can do it.
      Last edited by jmike; 10-09-2017, 02:17 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        You'd think Rudy would drop by for a howdy.
        I hope not, Morehead borrowed our last howdy and we haven't seen him since. Hate to have her come all this way only to be disappointed.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
          That's not true, anyone can predict anything.

          I predict he will retire from football after the season to follow his true passion, model train building. He feels he needs the extra time to prepare for the 2019 spring expo. After 3 years of trying and failing to make his mark in the world of model trains, he will try to make a comback to sports and sign on with the expansion MLS team in Charlotte NC. There he spends 5 seasons mostly on the bench before retiring. After slipping into the world of "where are they now" athletes, Eli Manning asks him to give his introduction at his HOF introduction ceremony. His speech is so eloquent that the NFLPA hires him as a spokesperson. As the NFL and NFLPA try to work together to keep the league from going defunct. With 16 teams having already gone under and the last ditch effort on the only TV contract left with "The CW" showing NFL tape delay NFL games at midnight 7 days a week being cancelled due to poor ratings and lack of advertising income, the league shuts its doors after just 4 seasons. But Mr. Beckham distiguished himself in his role gaining popularity accross the country and parlays that into a senate seat with NJ for 3 terms before being asked to be the running mate of the democratic persidential candidate. This is when tapes are leaked that he was involved in a point shaving scheme while playing soccer in Charolette. With the political mess created, he is forced to step down from the race in the midst of his legal troubles. After 9 years in courts, Odel makes a deal with the prosecutor that lets him walk. The disgraced former athlete, senator and model train enthusiast; moves to Tibet to, in his words "find reason and peace in this world of constant competition". He is photographed as he is leaving the airport and this is the last time he is seen until his body is found in a Kiev brothel, his heart giving out and his bank accounts empty at 82 years old.

          See, prediction, anyone can do it.
          I don't know, I'm having a hard time picturing a choo-choo hat on top of that golden mat.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

            I don't know, I'm having a hard time picturing a choo-choo hat on top of that golden mat.
            Ok, then replace the model trains with running the circuit of Anime Cosplay.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              You'd think Rudy would drop by for a howdy.
              No thanks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                I don't know, I'm having a hard time picturing a choo-choo hat on top of that golden mat.
                Did you actually read all of that?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                  Ok, then replace the model trains with running the circuit of Anime Cosplay.
                  I will not let you ruin that for me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                    I will not let you ruin that for me.
                    Then stick with the trains. The cosplay things seems a bit far fetched to me anyway. I figure there is about a 1 in 7 chance I got that dead on accurate. Infinite possibilities, just have to find the gate to there.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                      It gets even more complicated, now. Would they commit to a big contract, after what happened with Cruz? Won't his desire to restructure be even more urgent? No one can predict if he'll ever be the same player.
                      trade him to a team that is anxious to gamble on the uncertainty of that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        That's not true, anyone can predict anything.

                        I predict he will retire from football after the season to follow his true passion, model train building. He feels he needs the extra time to prepare for the 2019 spring expo. After 3 years of trying and failing to make his mark in the world of model trains, he will try to make a comback to sports and sign on with the expansion MLS team in Charlotte NC. There he spends 5 seasons mostly on the bench before retiring. After slipping into the world of "where are they now" athletes, Eli Manning asks him to give his introduction at his HOF introduction ceremony. His speech is so eloquent that the NFLPA hires him as a spokesperson. As the NFL and NFLPA try to work together to keep the league from going defunct. With 16 teams having already gone under and the last ditch effort on the only TV contract left with "The CW" showing NFL tape delay NFL games at midnight 7 days a week being cancelled due to poor ratings and lack of advertising income, the league shuts its doors after just 4 seasons. But Mr. Beckham distiguished himself in his role gaining popularity accross the country and parlays that into a senate seat with NJ for 3 terms before being asked to be the running mate of the democratic persidential candidate. This is when tapes are leaked that he was involved in a point shaving scheme while playing soccer in Charolette. With the political mess created, he is forced to step down from the race in the midst of his legal troubles. After 9 years in courts, Odel makes a deal with the prosecutor that lets him walk. The disgraced former athlete, senator and model train enthusiast; moves to Tibet to, in his words "find reason and peace in this world of constant competition". He is photographed as he is leaving the airport and this is the last time he is seen until his body is found in a Kiev brothel, his heart giving out and his bank accounts empty at 82 years old.

                        See, prediction, anyone can do it.
                        I have a 565 page novel about a fairy (seriously... named, Harmoni)) that needs an injection of imagination. I think you hold the answer to that need.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                          trade him to a team that is anxious to gamble on the uncertainty of that.
                          I believe his trade value is rock bottom, at this point.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

                            No thanks.
                            What is interesting, to me, about this place is the diversity of character.
                            I enjoyed Rudy's contributions here... there is always a place for another unique personality as far as I am concerned.
                            Rudy often made me smile in her absurdly short, but affective retorts.
                            Woof
                            That word often spoke volumes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by zimonami View Post

                              What is interesting, to me, about this place is the diversity of character.
                              I enjoyed Rudy's contributions here... there is always a place for another unique personality as far as I am concerned.
                              Rudy often made me smile in her absurdly short, but affective retorts.
                              Woof
                              That word often spoke volumes.
                              Yes, but we must not let the personnel roster deteriorate like Reese does. Need to draft smarter.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                                Yes, but we must not let the personnel roster deteriorate like Reese does. Need to draft smarter.
                                hahahaha, JR, (hmmm... you share our fearless GM's initials) we don't get to draft.
                                I checked out THEE near the beginning. I was on here more often and the "Did You Know" thread was active. But, every day after work I'd go to it and there were a dozen pages gone by, and I couldn't keep up with the daily topics of the day without spending a lot of time digressing, so I never came back until just before I got ion here... maybe 3-4 months ago? It is much smaller in serious posters,, so it became easier to keep up with. I miss Rudy and MH... they both make a contribution in their own ways. Variety is the spice of life. The back and forth chop busting was mostly good natured, and there is way more respect for differing opinions than there is on FB. Whew... that place can be brutal with people you don't even know telling you you're an imbecile, for real. ON here, if someone says something stupid you all have a way to bust chops without getting serious about demeaning them. There's a way of saying things that make the point without being disrespectful.
                                But, look on the views for this thread... there are a lot of lurkers that watch but don't join in. Maybe we need to raise salaries

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X