This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    What did everyone think of the Star Wars trailer?
    Trying to avoid it.. Hoping it's better than TFA. Rogue One was decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Trying to avoid it.. Hoping it's better than TFA. Rogue One was decent.
      Rogue One was an awesome standalone movie.
      Force Awakens was mediocre at best....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I did watch the new Blade Runner though, and that was pretty good.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          I did watch the new Blade Runner though, and that was pretty good.
          Yea I heard that was real good too. I have to watch the original, it's been over a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Rogue One was an awesome standalone movie.
            Force Awakens was mediocre at best....
            Force Awakens was terrible. Easily as bad as the prequel trilogy. The acting was better, and while the prequels story was terrible, TFA plot was so predictable it was dull. I've seen documentaries on drywall that were more compelling. It was worse than Waterworld. The utter trash per dollar on that movie is probably unparalleled. Calling it mediocre is a gross exaggeration and completely unfair to mediocre movies everywhere. Take that back, take it back right now.

Comment

Yea I heard that was real good too. I have to watch the original, it's been over a decade.
              I watched that on Saturday night on tv lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Force Awakens was terrible. Easily as bad as the prequel trilogy. The acting was better, and while the prequels story was terrible, TFA plot was so predictable it was dull. I've seen documentaries on drywall that were more compelling. It was worse than Waterworld. The utter trash per dollar on that movie is probably unparalleled. Calling it mediocre is a gross exaggeration and completely unfair to mediocre movies everywhere. Take that back, take it back right now.
                hahaha ok, it was bad.
                I agree, that acting was fine, but the worse plot. completely rehashing A New Hope
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

The franchise is very bad at casting sith. The only sinister looking Sith have been Maul and Vader before the prequels because no one knew what a ***** he washaha. Then again, maybe for Anikan it was awful writing. He comes off as a dweeb as a padawan then when he starts turning to the dark side he sounds like a brat. But its the same thing with Ren.
                  Plus theres no way Rey could have been able to resist his jedi mind tricks and beat him with a light saber.

Comment

The franchise is very bad at casting sith. The only sinister looking Sith have been Maul and Vader before the prequels because no one knew what a ***** he washaha. Then again, maybe for Anikan it was awful writing. He comes off as a dweeb as a padawan then when he starts turning to the dark side he sounds like a brat. But its the same thing with Ren.
                    Plus theres no way Rey could have been able to resist his jedi mind tricks and beat him with a light saber.
                    Kilo Ren was the worst display of acting in a major role I have ever seen. He wasn't credible as a villian and was the main reason the movie was utter trash. The 12 year old girl that played Hook in my nephews elementary school play last year came off as a villian better than whatever idiot they cast for Kilo Ren. He should personally apologize to every person who saw that movie and refund the money they spent on tickets. Then move somewhere dark and cold so nobody ever has to see him again. Rick Moranis in Spaceballs portrayed the dark side with more menace than that fool.

Comment

Rick Moranis in Spaceballs portrayed the dark side with more menace than that fool.
                      lmao hahahahaaaaa

Comment

• Maybe ten years ago, being a fan of the old Star Wars movies, I happened to stumble across something online that were George Lucas' synopsis' of all 3 trilogies, as he originally intended them. These were not full scripts or stories, but maybe each movie's story was condensed into a 10 minute read.
                        So I read them all, which would be Episodes I-!X....nine "movies". Obviously we are familiar with I-VI, but the last 3 are what got my attention.
                        Very different from what we've seen so far.
                        The last 3 in the trilogy sounded so good in these stories. I wish I could find the link, and if I do I'll post it, but I can tell you the mere fact that the original trio of Han, Luke, and Leia never appear together going forward in the Disney films just sucks.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          Maybe ten years ago, being a fan of the old Star Wars movies, I happened to stumble across something online that were George Lucas' synopsis' of all 3 trilogies, as he originally intended them. These were not full scripts or stories, but maybe each movie's story was condensed into a 10 minute read.
                          So I read them all, which would be Episodes I-!X....nine "movies". Obviously we are familiar with I-VI, but the last 3 are what got my attention.
                          Very different from what we've seen so far.
                          The last 3 in the trilogy sounded so good in these stories. I wish I could find the link, and if I do I'll post it, but I can tell you the mere fact that the original trio of Han, Luke, and Leia never appear together going forward in the Disney films just sucks.
                          Timothy Zahn wrote the Thrawn trilogy of the Star Wars Universe. They take place several years after the events of Return of the Jedi, showing that the war between the rebels and the empire was not yet over. Excellent series and much better story than any of the screenwriters have come up with so far.

Comment

• No, I looked for it and now can't find it.

It went something like this: Luke married someone named Mara Jade and had a son I think named Ben Skywalker. Leia and Han married and had a daughter...can't remember her name. They are all teenagers when Episode VII begins.
                            Long story short, there is a new threat from something called the Maladorians or something, and they all wear Vader helmets. they use jet packs.
                            Eventually they develop some super weapon that can destroy the entire universe or whatever.
                            Also, they have cloned both Vader and Luke from his severed hand....not sure about Vader. Both are evil.
                            End of story is: Han and Leia's kid is killed, I think Luke's wife is killed, and in the end Luke defeats both the evil clone of himself and Vader's clone.
                            Then he destroys the weapon that could destroy the universe and that kills the dark side forever.
                            That's as best I can remember from something I read once 10 years ago.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• GWAT is back ! ... diamondring

Comment

That drywall documentary was riveting.

Comment

Working...
                                X