This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• It does seem to indicate that Maning needs good protection more than he needs great receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        It does seem to indicate that Maning needs good protection more than he needs great receivers.
        As has always been the case, no?
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

It does seem to indicate that Maning needs good protection more than he needs great receivers.
          I believe this to be true of many QBs. I also believe a receiver doesn't need to be anywhere near great to be adequate. They already have the advantage of the defender not knowing how they will run their route, or who the ball is even going to. Given enough time, the QB will see all his options, and more than one guy is going to be open. Some of these "great" receivers don't even seem to have the most reliable hands, too.
          There do seem to be a significant number of fans who need a flashy receiver, a guy who doesn't let rules or class interfere with his style, a player with the ladies, and sticks it to the man with his record contract demands...

Comment

• Hey Sarc, did you hear there is going to be an off Broadway show "Red Roses, Green Gold", that will feature the Grateful Dead's Americana type music? It's supposed to be about swindlers in the 1920s. The characters sing the songs, I assume it would have a live band. Sounds interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Hey Sarc, did you hear there is going to be an off Broadway show "Red Roses, Green Gold", that will feature the Grateful Dead's Americana type music? It's supposed to be about swindlers in the 1920s. The characters sing the songs, I assume it would have a live band. Sounds interesting.
              The Sting, musical version.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

The Sting, musical version.
                Alright, then "Shakedown Street" has to be one of the songs...

Comment

• I just dropped $1300.00 on a tree service trimming my trees that had never been trimmed. Lots of old, tall maples and elms. Lots of disease, insects, vermin. We've only been here for 4 years but these trees must be 50 years old at least. No one ever took care of them.
                  Because I felt like spending that kind of money that I don't have in the first place on trimming trees....
                  The worst part is most of them hang over my yard but actually originate on my neighbor's property. Unfortunately if it hangs over my property its my problem.
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    I just dropped $1300.00 on a tree service trimming my trees that had never been trimmed. Lots of old, tall maples and elms. Lots of disease, insects, vermin. We've only been here for 4 years but these trees must be 50 years old at least. No one ever took care of them.
                    Because I felt like spending that kind of money that I don't have in the first place on trimming trees....
                    The worst part is most of them hang over my yard but actually originate on my neighbor's property. Unfortunately if it hangs over my property its my problem.
                    yikes... zoning rules. Sometimes they're ridiculous. Your neighbor should, at the least, should share the cost.>
                    His tree, invading your property? Doesn't sound like it should be your responsibility.

Comment

• Zim-
                      unfortunately that's the law in NJ...
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

I just dropped $1300.00 on a tree service trimming my trees that had never been trimmed. Lots of old, tall maples and elms. Lots of disease, insects, vermin. We've only been here for 4 years but these trees must be 50 years old at least. No one ever took care of them.
                        I believe if you can prove that the neighbor's trees pose a threat to your house, you can get the town to force them to take care of it. Otherwise, you can cut the branches off, up to the property line, without needing permission. However, if they feel your cutting compromised the health of their trees, you could be held accountable for their replacement. Obviously, you want to discuss this with them, keep it civil, and don't ask for cost sharing too aggressively.
                        My neighbor badly wanted me to cut down a healthy tree close to our fence that he claimed was dead. It wasn't bothering me, nor did it pose any inconvenience to him that I could see. We went back and forth - my best offer was for him to pay for the removal, and I would put up a nice new fence between our yards (which costed more than the tree removal).
                        That was 2 years ago, and we left the stump in to save his cost and I made it into a planter. The roots have gone crazy sending up shoots all over my lawn, flower beds, and garden. I mean hundreds of shots, that won't stop coming. I tried chopping away the roots and shoots, spraying the trunk and shoots with Roundup, bleach... A good section of my lawn is ruined from this, as well as a few Lilacs lost. I hope he's happy, over on the other side.

Comment

As has always been the case, no?
                          Oui.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                            Hey Sarc, did you hear there is going to be an off Broadway show "Red Roses, Green Gold", that will feature the Grateful Dead's Americana type music? It's supposed to be about swindlers in the 1920s. The characters sing the songs, I assume it would have a live band. Sounds interesting.
                            I hadnít. Thanks for the heads up, jr.

It does sound interesting.

Comment

I think most people have said this for years. If Manning is afforded protection he makes everyone around him better. He doesn't even need excellent protection, just good protection and since the Diehl-Seubert-O'Hara-Snee-McKenzie line was broken up the Giants have done a terrible job of putting a good line in front of him. We all love Diehl, but he was a far cry from an excellent LT. In fact he was below average starting LT while he was playing. But the unit was able to afford him enough protection.

Comment

Zim-
                                unfortunately that's the law in NJ...
                                Its the law most places. Not much of a concern for me. Any trees tough enough to cling to life around here are too gnarled and stubborn to let silly things like wind or saws take any of their branches.

Comment

Working...
                                X