Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't stand when people call me chief or boss. I know it's like bro or man like j said but it sounds so dumb, like they're trying to be hip.
    I call people bud or buddy a lot.

    Comment


    • Im not your buddy, guy
      I'm not your guy, friend
      I'm not your friend, buddy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Im not your buddy, guy
        I'm not your guy, friend
        I'm not your friend, buddy
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • I find the level of outrage that people feel about certain words tell me a lot. I find it is relative to thier life experiences. If someone goes into an outrage about a word like "sweetie" or "chief" or some wolf whistle as they walk down the street, I find I am very jealous of these people. If their life experience is such that these minor issues are deserving of this level of response; they have had a darn good life. I find the group people who explode over the smallest of stuff are non-working college students who have their expenses paid by somebody else.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
            I find the level of outrage that people feel about certain words tell me a lot. I find it is relative to thier life experiences. If someone goes into an outrage about a word like "sweetie" or "chief" or some wolf whistle as they walk down the street, I find I am very jealous of these people. If their life experience is such that these minor issues are deserving of this level of response; they have had a darn good life. I find the group people who explode over the smallest of stuff are non-working college students who have their expenses paid by somebody else.
            All very true. This Chief thing is annoying because I happen to have reddish skin and a big shnoze. When some punk that I'm meeting for the first time is smirking at me when he says it, that's kinda personal and he's not starting off well with me. I don't mind sharing these experiences with people I like, I find self effacing humor based on real life experiences to be the best kind. My co-workers know this stuff, we rib each other and many call me Chief. It's all good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

              Love Terrence and Phillip! I have to get up to Canada, one of these days.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                Love Terrence and Phillip! I have to get up to Canada, one of these days.
                to go see some floppyheaded canadadadians?
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Now now the Canadian government has already apologized for Celine Dion.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Now now the Canadian government has already apologized for Celine Dion.
                    maybe, but they wont even take ownership of nickelback, or just bieber, so.....**** THEM!!!
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

                    It's too bad, I'm too good....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                      Now now the Canadian government has already apologized for Celine Dion.
                      My wife doesn't understand why Canadians are depicted that way, or why it's funny. I can't fathom how she can listen to Celine Dion. But at least I was never forced to go see her.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                        When I was younger "Chief" was a very common term used by the boys where I lived in the same way they used "bro" or "dude" or whatever familiar non-specific term. Used without the knowledge by likely all of them that some people might find it offensive. On occasion when I heard someone say it, I would inform them of that fact and every single one of them was shocked, didn't realize, never even occured to them and then stopped using it. Sometimes words are picked up in common vernaular for one reason or another without any knowledge of where they derived. *******.
                        Yes, where I grew up on LI, "Chief" was a fairly common name someone would call another guy they didn't know.... and, no problem/insult. I find, in the last couple of years where the sensitivity and PC issue has risen off the charts, and in light of the issue with us screwing the Indians in So. Dakota over the oil pipeline from Canada, that chief is now a touchy name and is best avoided.... although, I am 1/16 Cherokee, so it fits.
                        When I caddied, from age 12 to 21, there were mostly black caddies at the course. My hair was always bleached blond... with the heavy tan I looked like a California surfer... and they all called me "Whitey". Even the caddy master and a lot of the members caught on to it and called me that... even when I was 21, graduated from college and married, I was still Whitey. I was always tempted to bust chops and one day call one of them "Blackie", but never did. But, they also had names for each other... Pink Mouth (he did have a very pink mouth) and Ironhead (a very big, bald headed guy) were a couple....
                        Sticks and stones.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          My wife doesn't understand why Canadians are depicted that way, or why it's funny. I can't fathom how she can listen to Celine Dion. But at least I was never forced to go see her.
                          I try to go to Vegas once a year with my friends, and go visit my cousin. She's lived there about 7 or 8 years. She always asks my mom to come visit, and shes always like "well...I could go see Celine Dion while I'm there."
                          It always elicits the same response from the rest of us: "You ****ing loser...."
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • I'm not a fan, but why such issue with Celine Dion?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              I'm not a fan, but why such issue with Celine Dion?
                              Well, she's the vocal equivalent of Kenny G on saxophone.

                              For those that enjoy that, God bless.
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                                Well, she's the vocal equivalent of Kenny G on saxophone.

                                For those that enjoy that, God bless.
                                That isn't an answer, just leads to the same question about Kenny G.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X