This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

They're good if made right. And by right I mean the bread isn't soggy.
    ask for the rye lightly toasted.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Ever been to Katz'?

I think it's over rated.
      Nope. But I don't live in the boroughs
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Exactly. A pastrami sandwich can be really awesome, if from a Kosher place - Bens is good, too. Most regular delis, or supermarket, it's not worth bothering.

BTW, I went the lazy route and tried these Tony Romo's ribs from the supermarket, and they were suprisingly passable. Any other precooked ribs or wings I've tried were a waste of money and almost uneatable.

Comment

Well, he writes trite instrumental pop tunes that are labeled as j*** because he plays a saxophone. His music is not j***. In fact, its not even good instrumental pop music. Its cloying, predictable, without an ounce of feeling or soul. You've heard it in Crate and Barrel.
          On a different note, what do you think of King Crimson, Joe? Seems they waver into J*** experimentation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Exactly. A pastrami sandwich can be really awesome, if from a Kosher place - Bens is good, too. Most regular delis, or supermarket, it's not worth bothering.

BTW, I went the lazy route and tried these Tony Romo's ribs from the supermarket, and they were suprisingly passable. Any other precooked ribs or wings I've tried were a waste of money and almost uneatable.
            Tony Romo ribs.....HA!!!
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Tony Romo ribs.....HA!!!
              Boneless ribs.

Comment

Tony Romo ribs.....HA!!!
                They weren't tough at all - must have been lovingly tenderized by quite a few D-linemen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

They're good if made right. And by right I mean the bread isn't soggy.
                  My favorite sandwich... and, yes, soggy sucks. I'll eat it because I love the taste, but soggy stinks.

Comment

yes... perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

My favorite sandwich... and, yes, soggy sucks. I'll eat it because I love the taste, but soggy stinks.
                      Well, in all fairness, good pastrami is a peppery, greasy mess. Not frying grease, but roast fat grease. When I go to Bens, they give you extra bread (not to mention free pickles and yummy cole slaw), and an over abundance of meat. I split it up, and make 2 sandwiches with it.

Comment

• What's better? Celine Dion and Kenny G or a pastrami and a Reuben?
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

What's better? Celine Dion and Kenny G or a pastrami and a Reuben?
                          My issue with Celine Dion is more that she's someone my wife took a liking to, had to have all her CDs, had to go to Vegas just to see her, when we were struggling with money, and she'll play her stuff non stop without mixing in different music. I went through this same crap with Barry Manilow, George Micheal, and now Josh Groban. It's not necessarily the act, it's the repetitiveness. I couldn't eat a pastrami sandwich every day, either.

No comments on King Crimson?

Comment

No comments on King Crimson?

Outstanding musicians. I actually know and have played with Tony Levin.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Outstanding musicians. I actually know and have played with Tony Levin.
                              GTFO! Talk about a guy who gets more out his instruments than just about anyone. Good for you, I'd love to hear more, sometime.

Comment

GTFO! Talk about a guy who gets more out his instruments than just about anyone. Good for you, I'd love to hear more, sometime.
                                Tony is a legend, and I was in awe of him. Look up his bio and see who and what he's played on....it's remarkable.
                                He was a little rough around the edges....a real Boston guy....but very supportive musically.....wasn't going to try to "show you up".....
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X