This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Tony is a legend, and I was in awe of him. Look up his bio and see who and what he's played on....it's remarkable.
    He was a little rough around the edges....a real Boston guy....but very supportive musically.....wasn't going to try to "show you up".....
    He was and still is a busy guy. I knew about him with King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, Paul Simon, Asia... you can hear that playing style come through, to me it's like no one else, and a big part of what made those albums. The latest version of King Crimson is actually playing very close to me, next week I believe. Some of that might even be too whack for me.

Comment

• lol....yeah....those guys don't write pop ditties.....
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

lol....yeah....those guys don't write pop ditties.....
        whack ****, for sure...

https://youtu.be/GTQrlDzqUCA
        Last edited by jimmie ray; 11-06-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I have a plasma TV. Was on clearance and cheap, been very happy with it.
          Me too. I love it.

I have ave no desire to get a new one. This tv looks fine to me.

Except when the Giants are on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I think his poorly worded simile was to insinuate that they are both considered laughing stocks of the music world. You can draw your own conclusions as to why, but I think I understand what he meant.
            50 cents to JP on the use of simile.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Do you have one?
              I have a plasma. Itís awesome.

Iíll upgrade when I need to. Iím in no hurry to drop a grand on a teevee

Comment

Outstanding musicians. I actually know and have played with Tony Levin.
                Thatís cool. I love Tony Levin (being a bass player and all). That beats playing with and getting silently admonished by Pete Seeger, Iíd say.

And no, I was not admonished for my playing.
                Last edited by Sarcasman; 11-06-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Thatís cool. I love Tony Levin (being a bass player and all). That beats playing with and getting silently admonished by Pete Seeger, Iíd say.

And no, I was not admonished for my playing.
                  You didn't plug in, when you were with him? That gets him riled - like an old man, bringing soup back to the deli.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

You didn't plug in, when you were with him? That gets him riled - like an old man, bringing soup back to the deli.
                    So this old guyís buddies chip in and get him some recreation for his 80th birthday.

The girl shows up at up at his place and says, your friends have made sure that tonight I give you amazing super sex. I promise you, you will never forget it

The guy looks puzzled for a minute and then replies, Great. Iíll have the soup.

Comment

So this old guyís buddies chip in and get him some recreation for his 80th birthday.

The girl shows up at up at his place and says, your friends have made sure that tonight I give you amazing super sex. I promise you, you will never forget it

The guy looks puzzled for a minute and then replies, Great. Iíll have the soup.
                      Ol' Pete was singing "If I had a Hammer", right up until his last day.

Comment

50 cents to JP on the use of simile.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You should get one of those new console tube television sets. They look like a piece of furniture! I hear you can sometimes get ones that have a record player built in!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Seriously, got this huge plasma TV several years ago for like $250 when the new LED things were $1200. Difference in picture between them in the store was not noticable.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Seriously, got this huge plasma TV several years ago for like $250 when the new LED things were $1200. Difference in picture between them in the store was not noticable.
                              You guys need to rethink your priorities in life.

Comment

• I dont want to do work today.

Comment

Working...
                                X