This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

pretty much. I mean, I know Kraft owns the Patriots....but, it's really BB's team in every way imaginable.
    IDK, I have a fairly vivid imagination. If you'd like I can probably imagine a way in which it is Pat Riley's team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

BB actually has one more Patriot's S.B. rings than Kraft, last I heard...
      THE FILTHY RUSSIANS STOLE MY RING!!!!!
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Just watching the last half of the Steelers - Titans game last night, it seemed they were doing whatever they felt like with the TD celebrations.
        I didn't watch. What do you mean?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

IDK, I have a fairly vivid imagination. If you'd like I can probably imagine a way in which it is Pat Riley's team.
          hmm....I like this idea. BB with the sleeveless hoodie, having heated debates with the slick-haired $5000 suit wearing Riley. Yea, I like it.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

THE FILTHY RUSSIANS STOLE MY RING!!!!!
            Trump is working on getting it back for him. Maybe trade the Ukraine for it or something.

Comment

I didn't watch. What do you mean?
              I read they played monkey in the middle after the first TD. Assuming they used the ball as a prop - that's supposedly not allowed. Brown had a helmet catch TD, a lot of posing after that. One TD got called back, so they celebrated that one twice. Guess I'm not used to seeing so many TDs, watching our team on offense.

Comment

I read they played monkey in the middle after the first TD. Assuming they used the ball as a prop - that's supposedly not allowed. Brown had a helmet catch TD, a lot of posing after that. One TD got called back, so they celebrated that one twice. Guess I'm not used to seeing so many TDs, watching our team on offense.
                haha, yea I hear ya on that.
                TD celebrations made things fun. They need to calm their tits on fining people for dumb **** like that. It's a game, not a library.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

haha, yea I hear ya on that.
                  TD celebrations made things fun. They need to calm their tits on fining people for dumb **** like that. It's a game, not a library.
                  I try to look at it from the players' perspective, of being shown up. I always hear about how players from other teams love and respect each other - that's the other teams' WRs, not their DBs. I didn't play in anything near competitive like these guys, but it burned us when other guys (or girls in darts) acted up after big plays or wins. As a fan watching - yeah some of it is entertaining.

Comment

I try to look at it from the players' perspective, of being shown up. I always hear about how players from other teams love and respect each other - that's the other teams' WRs, not their DBs. I didn't play in anything near competitive like these guys, but it burned us when other guys (or girls in darts) acted up after big plays or wins. As a fan watching - yeah some of it is entertaining.
                    Anyone who's played sports has experienced that to some degree. I played a lot of basketball, all the way up to the end of high school: Kids would nail 3s on shots over the guards. and do the finger to the mouth "Shhhhh"....I'd get back on the next play and block a kids weak *** layup into the ****ing bleachers "Shhhhhh"
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't have a lot of experience with players celebrating on the field like they do in the NFL. I played softball and rugby and it was a very rare occurance in either. Mostly when it happened we would roll our eyes at it and ignore it, because it mostly just looked stupid. My softball coach used to say the only time to celebrate is after you have won the game because nothing that happens before that is worth celebrating. My rugby coach used to say "If you are going to dance, it better be with a pole, otherwise I don't want to see it."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        I don't have a lot of experience with players celebrating on the field like they do in the NFL. I played softball and rugby and it was a very rare occurance in either. Mostly when it happened we would roll our eyes at it and ignore it, because it mostly just looked stupid. My softball coach used to say the only time to celebrate is after you have won the game because nothing that happens before that is worth celebrating. My rugby coach used to say "If you are going to dance, it better be with a pole, otherwise I don't want to see it."
                        lmao

you're right though. I do kinda roll my eyes when a team is losing and celebrates anything.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lmao

you're right though. I do kinda roll my eyes when a team is losing and celebrates anything.
                          Like Odell, cough cough.

Comment

• From now on every time I finish mowing my lawn I'm going to grab my crotch and dance in the street.

It'll give the neighbors something to look forward to.
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              From now on every time I finish mowing my lawn I'm going to grab my crotch and dance in the street.

It'll give the neighbors something to look forward to.
                              I condone this behavior.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Every year at the office we do a big thanksgiving dinner type food day. People bring in stuff they cooked up, and EVERY YEAR our brass(VPs and such) volunteer to bring in the big stuff like the turkey, ham, that kinda thing....

Well....EVERY YEAR, they never show up...or they show up at like 3 o clock when everything is winding down lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X