This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Christmas was always easier, since you can get still together with one side of the family on Christmas Eve. I always refused to split a holiday with both families - all you do is rush around and then they both feel you shortchanged them. Most families I know give in to the wife / girlfriend's family getting priority on holiday visits - and that's fine with me.
    Yeah, our family dynamic is a bit more complicated than that, but it's all good.

btw, 2:10 to get there, 2:30 to get home. Not bad

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving my people, love yall and hope we can have another THEE Game next season. Gone off the Thanksgiving spread, angels envy bourbon, and that good good, LOL
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
        Happy Thanksgiving my people, love yall and hope we can have another THEE Game next season. Gone off the Thanksgiving spread, angels envy bourbon, and that good good, LOL
        lol sounds like it went well.....
        nearly 3am, and this mofo posting? who the **** is even able to be awake that late on Thanksgiving?? You're a beast, Kase!!
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
          Happy Thanksgiving my people, love yall and hope we can have another THEE Game next season. Gone off the Thanksgiving spread, angels envy bourbon, and that good good, LOL
          Nice, Kase! Happy Thanksgiving.

I was pretty awake from the drive (while everyone in the car was zonked out) but a couple of beers and sip or two of scotch put me right out.

Comment

• I just told my co-workers that our supervisor is the Ben McAdoo of this place lol.
            He's underperforming, we're underperforming, nobody respects him, so he lost us, and we're looking toward the future without him....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Christmas was always easier, since you can get still together with one side of the family on Christmas Eve. I always refused to split a holiday with both families - all you do is rush around and then they both feel you shortchanged them. Most families I know give in to the wife / girlfriend's family getting priority on holiday visits - and that's fine with me.
              We usually do Christmas eve with my sister and then we split on Christmas day, I go to my sister's again if they are around and she visits her family up in Bucks county.

Comment

• four day weekend was way too quick

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  four day weekend was way too quick
                  heard.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

We usually do Christmas eve with my sister and then we split on Christmas day, I go to my sister's again if they are around and she visits her family up in Bucks county.
                    If I'm not scheduled to work on Christmas Eve, we usually go to midnight mass - mostly for the choir before and after. That's nice, but it makes it a late night to be running around the next day trying to visit everyone.
                    Do you have to drive far, to split Christmas Day with different people?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      I just told my co-workers that our supervisor is the Ben McAdoo of this place lol.
                      He's underperforming, we're underperforming, nobody respects him, so he lost us, and we're looking toward the future without him....
                      Doesn't sound like you are gung ho to "tackle" much work.

Comment

Doesn't sound like you are gung ho to "tackle" much work.
                        I CARRY THIS *****!!!!!
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I CARRY THIS *****!!!!!
                          I hear ya. I'm in line for a supervisor position, but I've already let my boss know there will be very little "continuity" on how things are done, here.

Comment

If I'm not scheduled to work on Christmas Eve, we usually go to midnight mass - mostly for the choir before and after.
                            Do you sneak in a little "Christmas Cheer" with you?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I'm in line for a supervisor position.
                              When are we going out for a night of celebrating?

You're paying, right?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Do you sneak in a little "Christmas Cheer" with you?

Beforehand, of course. A little nightcap after, is nice, too. The church is very close, I've always lived in the same town - same with my one sister that we usually visit. I do try to avoid drinking when distance or unfamiliarity with the area is involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X