This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

So, what I'm hearing is that my ray of sunshine is coming up a bit short........

It happens to all men our age at some point.

I think it has to do with testosterone levels.....or being hammered.....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Did they consult you when they were planning the football scenes in The Replacements?

I'll take Gene Hackman as a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

So, what I'm hearing is that my ray of sunshine is coming up a bit short........

Seriously, sorry you're dealing with this, man; hang in there. I will definitely keep your daughter in my thoughts/prayers.
        Sorry for the rant folks. really very sorry.
        the only thing I really care about is my wife, and my daughter and their baby. I'll put up with all the pain in the world if it means knowing my grandchild is healthy. That baby will have the best parents in the world. My daughter and her husband are both beyond great people.
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I'll take Gene Hackman as a coach.
          I'm wirey!!
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Not far off. My daughter was pregnant with twins and lost one of them. She had to fly to Houston to undergo a horrific procedure to save the other one. We talk several times a day and I am committed to do all I can to help. She's 37 and she's worried that her age might endanger to remaining baby.

My wife had knee replacement surgery 5 weeks ago and I've been her 24 hour nurse through an extremely difficult and painful time.

My job is going terrible to the point where I'm essentially semi-retired and feeling guilty about not carrying my weight in the house.

My neck is in so much pain it's almost impossible to work with any focus at all and I have an appointment in December with pain management people to see if I can salvage a decent quality of life.

So I thought the ritual of posting mindless crap on the Giants MB seemed a needless and unhealthy distraction for a while. I'm really sorry for those who seem genuinely offended by this.
            Sorry to hear all this Chris life can be a real **** sandwich sometimes I'll praying everything works out fine the rest of the way for your daughter... Been through some of this stuff myself , the job thing and not being able pull my weight due to my health which I brought on to myself.."god bless my wife for all she does for me" The knee takes a bit of time , pretty brutal operation she will be like new once she gets by rehab .. Hang in there Chris one day at a time man

Comment

• B, do you have Diablo 3?
              I just saw that it's on sale w/ the expansion for $5 on the gamestop site lol

I know you played one of the previous versions.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                You know they stole the melody from "Come O Ye Faithfull?"
                And their lipstick from the Dollar Store...

Comment

Should they have him walk out of the tunnel for the 4th quarter with Enter Sandman playing on the stadium speakers?
                  I'd like to hear "Achilles Last Stand". It's a Zep song you never hear anymore, but would be psyched to use at a stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

And their lipstick from the Dollar Store...
                    Were there Dollar Stores in the 1980s?

There was a everything is a dollar store near me several years back and they had a digital counter over the counter that displayed a number in the 30,000s. Periodically when you were there you would hear a bell go off and the counter would increase its total by 1. So I was shopping there and the bell went off a dozen times in a minute and it was annoying so I asked about the bell and the counter. They said they rang the bell and added one to the counter every time somebody asked how much something in the store cost. I have to appreciate a store policy that is snarky by design.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I'd like to hear "Achilles Last Stand". It's a Zep song you never hear anymore, but would be psyched to use at a stadium.
                      Never much like their music, so I don't know that song.

Comment

Sorry for the rant folks. really very sorry.
                        Don't be silly. Keep doing what you're doing for them and stay strong.

Comment

If I leave the boards for a while for personal reasons, may I ask what business is it of yours?
                          Do you know what I have in my life right now?
                          Hope things improve with the issues you and your family are dealing with, Chris. There's nothing wrong with discussing these things, it seems each of us that post here regularly do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            B, do you have Diablo 3?
                            I just saw that it's on sale w/ the expansion for $5 on the gamestop site lol

I know you played one of the previous versions.
                            yes Reaper of Souls played it last winter, awesome game, all be it a long game , eventually leveled out ... good buy there tho....

Comment

ughhh, unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4KLOm7pO0

Probably my favorite solo ever. So much soul.

Love this song but I wouldn't use it as an entrance song. Need something more aggressive and tough.

Comment

It's like a relentless landslide of sound. I suppose you could find it on You Tube, but computer speakers wouldn't do it justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X