X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Disagree!
    Yea I'm starting to realize that's not a popular opinion. I'll give it another go. I have the box set lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Similar driving beat from the rhythm section. As you know, the members of Heart idolize Zep, and cover quite a few of their songs. Maybe they learned a thing or two about stealing from them, too.
      One of those tribute shows on VH1 or whatever, they covered them. Phenomenal.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• JFC this place is insane sometimes. I have some idiot suggesting I'm racist because I disagree with the kneeling during the national anthem. Won't say it directly, but that is the gist I am getting, but apparently I'm disgusting. Impossible to discuss things with people when they keep throwing staw men and ad hominen into it all.

Yes I am sure I spelled that incorrectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Yea I'm starting to realize that's not a popular opinion. I'll give it another go. I have the box set lol
          The thing with Zeppelin is:

1. you can't expect any "hit singles" from that era ala the Beatles or Stones.....even though Zep's music is played as much if not even more so on the radio....(who the hell listens to radio besides me lol)

2. Zep will always be on a musicians favorite band list. Why? All four of them were amazing in their musical prowess....and for that time period (let's say 1969-1979) I can't think of another band that came close that ALSO had the writing chops, not just the playing chops
          (Yes, someone is going to chime in with Rush and Yes etc. but Zep had just more of everything really.....no jab at those bands they're great but Zep is a THING....ya know?)
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            JFC this place is insane sometimes.
            Did you mean KFC?
            Yes, at dinner time it gets crazy there.....just pickup a bucket of original recipe chicken and go home....the sides aren't worth it.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

JFC this place is insane sometimes. I have some idiot suggesting I'm racist because I disagree with the kneeling during the national anthem. Won't say it directly, but that is the gist I am getting, but apparently I'm disgusting. Impossible to discuss things with people when they keep throwing staw men and ad hominen into it all.

Yes I am sure I spelled that incorrectly.
              I can't find the thread but I think its the same guy you got into it with awhile back ...he pulls that card quite often.....think they deleted the thread ...

Comment

Zep's "Presence" is not a popular album, like the others before it. Some of the songs are long, some are slow, some have a kind of herky jerky rhythm to them. It's perfectly understandable to not appeal to everyone - I get the feeling that my wife doesn't dig it as much as their other stuff, either. It came out around the time I was getting into rock as a teenager, so it's special to me. I believe it was Jimmy Page's baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  I can't find the thread but I think its the same guy you got into it with awhile back ...he pulls that card quite often.....think they deleted the thread ...
                  They say they want "The Conversation", but they really don't. They should go to a seminar on policing tactics and the written law, as I recently did, to comprehend why people sometimes get the treatment they do - and how it could have all been prevented, when stopped by law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

The thing with Zeppelin is:

1. you can't expect any "hit singles" from that era ala the Beatles or Stones.....even though Zep's music is played as much if not even more so on the radio....(who the hell listens to radio besides me lol)

2. Zep will always be on a musicians favorite band list. Why? All four of them were amazing in their musical prowess....and for that time period (let's say 1969-1979) I can't think of another band that came close that ALSO had the writing chops, not just the playing chops
                    (Yes, someone is going to chime in with Rush and Yes etc. but Zep had just more of everything really.....no jab at those bands they're great but Zep is a THING....ya know?)
                    No females ever went to Rush or Yes concerts - it's all too mechanical. Zep had musical prowess and soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      They did delete the thread. His name was rainer or something like that. I get that he might have been getting emotional in making sweeping judgements, but completely making up stuff I never said was annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

No females ever went to Rush or Yes concerts - it's all too mechanical. Zep had musical prowess and soul.
                        I'm not a fan of Rush either.

Fairness to my dislike of Zep; I have never claimed to be a connoisseur of good music. I like a lot of crap.

Comment

They did delete the thread. His name was rainer or something like that. I get that he might have been getting emotional in making sweeping judgements, but completely making up stuff I never said was annoying.
                          What sucks about it being deleted is I gave some good information about prisons that not a lot of people know and now more people that could have known will not. Nobody ever wants to talk about prison reform and it is a fairly important topic. When I was homeless, a lot of the people on the street were ex-cons. Couldn't find jobs. I know more than one who would deliberately get caught doing something illegal just to get meals and a warm place to sleep. It does nobody any good to let people out of prison and then make it impossible to find jobs. All they will do is be a greater burden on society than when they were behind bars and quiet likely end up committing more and worse crimes than what got them there in the first place. The whole thing is a terrible mess.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Rush either.

Fairness to my dislike of Zep; I have never claimed to be a connoisseur of good music. I like a lot of crap.
                            There is a ton of what is considered good music, with talented musicians, intricate arrangements, and thought provoking lyrics that I probably hate or feel nothing toward. And then there's stuff like the B-52s, Spike Jones, and Roger Miller that really has nothing much in substance, that I love hearing.

Comment

from Presence? Cool song....weak album lol
                              Achilles Last Stand and Tea for One are really good. Everything else on that album was horrid. I bought that album the day it came out and was incredibly disappointed.
                              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Its still extremely weird that Dezz and Pizz are pretending they are different people. Can you just stick to one account?

Its been years at this point. Give it up
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Working...
                                X