This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Where did you get the brass knuckles, then? I would feel bad if I stabbed someone - but if I could just knock them out and walk away without too much effort or commotion, that would work out well I think.
    Different places, one set was a gift. They are of marginal utility for me. I don't look particularly threatening with my fists up regardless of brass knuckles. My lack of height, reach and size doesn't make them a particular game changer. If I pull out an 8 inch trench spike, that will balance things enough to get most to walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Different places, one set was a gift. They are of marginal utility for me. I don't look particularly threatening with my fists up regardless of brass knuckles. My lack of height, reach and size doesn't make them a particular game changer. If I pull out an 8 inch trench spike, that will balance things enough to get most to walk away.
      Too bad, our hand size is probably too different, for them to fit me. I know no one will get them for me this Christmas - I only get socks every year.
      We are getting more and more loiterers around the local stores. The police used to disperse these types, but their hands are tied these days. My boss got stopped by one for money just recently. He opened his wallet to offer the guy a few dollars, and he said "just hand over those 20s, instead". One guy caught me in a good mood, and I let him in my car for a ride. He pulled his shirt up, to supposedly show me "he wasn't carrying". I kicked him out, but would have liked to give him something more memorable for his departure.

Comment

You do know posting this kind of stuff can get you in trouble.....with the law....I'm saying this as your friend.
        All you need is somebody telling the local law enforcement about your post and if they find out who you are they'll be knocking.
        I'm not kidding, even if your post is in jest.
        It doesn't bother me, but you should be careful Jenn.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

You do know posting this kind of stuff can get you in trouble.....with the law....I'm saying this as your friend.
          All you need is somebody telling the local law enforcement about your post and if they find out who you are they'll be knocking.
          It's a shame that we as citizens have to even consider carrying weapons, with all the technology and weaponry that law enforcement has at their disposal. It's not the cops' fault, it's the people who don't understand why things escalate when law breakers don't obey simple commands. These are the people who put thugs on pedestals, and record police trying to do their job like it's some sort of entertainment. I am not a supporter of citizens carrying guns, but no longer have any rebuff to those who adamantly feel this is their right.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I'm really not worried about it. I have a friend who is a local Philly cop who knows about all my stuff and they aren't knocking on my door. My post isn't in jest, I have learned all too well in my life how necessary it is to be able to protect yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

It's a shame that we as citizens have to even consider carrying weapons, with all the technology and weaponry that law enforcement has at their disposal. It's not the cops' fault, it's the people who don't understand why things escalate when law breakers don't obey simple commands. These are the people who put thugs on pedestals, and record police trying to do their job like it's some sort of entertainment. I am not a supporter of citizens carrying guns, but no longer have any rebuff to those who adamantly feel this is their right.
              Well it is their right, it isn't a feeling.

ooga chaka...ooga chaka

Comment

Well it is their right, it isn't a feeling.

ooga chaka...ooga chaka
                If you mean their constitutional right, then you obviously realize that the majority are not in any militia, not regulated, probably not trained. They are just as likely to hurt or kill their own family or other bystanders. You with a knife - not so likely. But as I said, I can't argue with the gun people about how the police can no longer be counted on to protect them.

Comment

• A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
                  Nowhere in that does it state that they must be in a militia in order to have that right. It is the right of the "people" not of the members of the militia. Personally, I hate guns and I don't own one, but it is every person's right to own one if they so choose. Being part of a militia was not part of that requirement.

Many anti-bill of rights people would have you think it has something to do with hunting. It doesn't. Or it has something to do with protecting yourself and your home from criminals, it doesn't. They would have you believe that there is no need for military grade weapons for the people, they would be wrong. It is about protecting yourself from the threat of a tyrannical government. In that the weapons you need are the ones up to the task, the tyrannical government will have the full weight of military might at their side, a handgun and a shotgun is not going to protect yourself or your family or your community from the threat of a tyrannical government.

If they wish to take away certain types of guns, the only ones that make sense is handguns. They won't be of much use in the intended purposes of the 2nd amendment and they are the tool used in 97% of gun deaths in this country.

Remember, the first things a tyrannical government does is control the media, take away your right to speak and disarm their population. So when voting each November, think about which candidate wishes to do any one or all three of those things and vote for the other one if you wish this country to stay free.

Funny little statistic, in Great Britain, where obtaining and legally owning a gun is very difficult or impossible, 59% of home break-ins is when the homeowners are home. In the US 12% of home break-ins is when the homeowner is home. Why do you think that is? Another one, when Australia took away its population's guns, it had no effect of the murder rate or the violent crime rate. But they do like to say how many fewer gun deaths they have. Which is great and all, I'm sure the people being murdered are glad that they aren't being murdered by a gun, it probably makes them feel a bit safer as their life drains away.

It is not a feeling. To many people want to and believe it is possible to legislate thoughts and feelings, they are wrong. Facts don't care about your feelings, and laws shouldn't be made to protect them.

Comment

• What this "dilly dilly" I keep hearing youngsters say?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      What this "dilly dilly" I keep hearing youngsters say?
                      From the bud light commercial? idk, but it's kinda dumb...
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

From the bud light commercial? idk, but it's kinda dumb...
                        Haven't seen it.

Comment

Haven't seen it.
                          I assume that's what youre talking about....but, truthfully, I don't even know the concept. just that everyone says it all the time during it.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

What this "dilly dilly" I keep hearing youngsters say?
                            More stupidity coming from stupid.

Comment

Nowhere in that does it state that they must be in a militia in order to have that right. It is the right of the "people" not of the members of the militia. Personally, I hate guns and I don't own one, but it is every person's right to own one if they so choose. Being part of a militia was not part of that requirement.

Many anti-bill of rights people would have you think it has something to do with hunting. It doesn't. Or it has something to do with protecting yourself and your home from criminals, it doesn't. They would have you believe that there is no need for military grade weapons for the people, they would be wrong. It is about protecting yourself from the threat of a tyrannical government. In that the weapons you need are the ones up to the task, the tyrannical government will have the full weight of military might at their side, a handgun and a shotgun is not going to protect yourself or your family or your community from the threat of a tyrannical government.

If they wish to take away certain types of guns, the only ones that make sense is handguns. They won't be of much use in the intended purposes of the 2nd amendment and they are the tool used in 97% of gun deaths in this country.

Remember, the first things a tyrannical government does is control the media, take away your right to speak and disarm their population. So when voting each November, think about which candidate wishes to do any one or all three of those things and vote for the other one if you wish this country to stay free.

Funny little statistic, in Great Britain, where obtaining and legally owning a gun is very difficult or impossible, 59% of home break-ins is when the homeowners are home. In the US 12% of home break-ins is when the homeowner is home. Why do you think that is? Another one, when Australia took away its population's guns, it had no effect of the murder rate or the violent crime rate. But they do like to say how many fewer gun deaths they have. Which is great and all, I'm sure the people being murdered are glad that they aren't being murdered by a gun, it probably makes them feel a bit safer as their life drains away.

It is not a feeling. To many people want to and believe it is possible to legislate thoughts and feelings, they are wrong. Facts don't care about your feelings, and laws shouldn't be made to protect them.
                              This topic has been debated here, and on other forums. I read it as a "regulated militia", whatever that can be misconstrued as, being necessary to bear arms. It all gets further muddled, when some areas allow carrying, and others do not. And then there are the constant changes or proposals for automatic weapons, clips, the length of the gun barrel... If the intent is for protecting ones self from the government, even a personnel tank is not going to help you. We have democratic system, and use our votes and courts to hope to contain those in power. The BLM movement continues to grow, and is not interested in hearing about change at their end - do desire a race war with heavy weaponry?

Comment

• The Supreme Court called the writers of the Bill of Rights lazy when it came to describing multiple issues, one of which being the 2nd amendment.
                                DC vs Heller in 2008, they spent DAYS debating whether or not "regulated militia" was a part of the first part of the amendment. They basically decided that it was lazily worded and they weren't going to fix it. 'Merica.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X