Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can anyone recommend any new band they may have found lately? I'm always looking for new stuff.

    Recently I discovered a band(thanks to Spotify) called Trophy Eyes. Good ****
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      The Supreme Court called the writers of the Bill of Rights lazy when it came to describing multiple issues, one of which being the 2nd amendment.
      DC vs Heller in 2008, they spent DAYS debating whether or not "regulated militia" was a part of the first part of the amendment. They basically decided that it was lazily worded and they weren't going to fix it. 'Merica.
      I don't follow what body regulates a possible militia, or does it mean they regulate themselves? If the government is the one intended to regulate them, how can they protect their rights and freedom from that? Couldn't ISIS (or whatever the next terrorist flavor of the year is referred to as) set up camp in our country, and be self regulated and armed to fight our government?
      The whole thing is outdated and not well stated - it needs to be completely redefined, in detail.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        The Supreme Court called the writers of the Bill of Rights lazy when it came to describing multiple issues, one of which being the 2nd amendment.
        DC vs Heller in 2008, they spent DAYS debating whether or not "regulated militia" was a part of the first part of the amendment. They basically decided that it was lazily worded and they weren't going to fix it. 'Merica.
        When did the SC call them lazy?
        It can't get any clearer. People just don't like the amendment.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Can anyone recommend any new band they may have found lately? I'm always looking for new stuff.

          Recently I discovered a band(thanks to Spotify) called Trophy Eyes. Good ****
          Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            When did the SC call them lazy?
            It can't get any clearer. People just don't like the amendment.
            Can you ****ing read? I even told you the case.
            If you're just arguing to argue, well then I can't help you. But there's audio files of 99% of supreme court cases of the past 75 years or so.
            I found this particular one on a "More Perfect" podcast.

            It's not your job to decipher the Constitution lol. How can you say it can't get any clearer when it's the main topic of debate? lol
            I mean, the amendment starts with the words "A Well Regulated Militia", but, there's no such thing in present day, so....

            DC vs Heller said basically that the 2 phrases within the amendment would be treated separately because the amendment contains commas lmao
            They said they don't even know what the well regulated militia meant because it's never been contested.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

              Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.
              I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but....that doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but....that doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in lol
                You young fellas have such closed minds, LOL! You said you wanted something new, so if you hadn't heard of it - that would be "new".

                Are you going to watch this new series on History tonight, "Knightfall"? I read the opening scene will be killer.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                  You young fellas have such closed minds, LOL! You said you wanted something new, so if you hadn't heard of it - that would be "new".

                  Are you going to watch this new series on History tonight, "Knightfall"? I read the opening scene will be killer.
                  I don't have cable, but I've seen the ads for it. There's a solid chance I'll try to binge it when I can find it though. I'm always interested in **** like that. Vikings is my jam....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                    I don't have cable, but I've seen the ads for it. There's a solid chance I'll try to binge it when I can find it though. I'm always interested in **** like that. Vikings is my jam....
                    Yeah, there was some comparison the Vikings series, which I've seen you guys talking about, but haven't watched. I blew my last shot at TV suggestions to my wife, with that "Spartacus" series.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                      Yeah, there was some comparison the Vikings series, which I've seen you guys talking about, but haven't watched. I blew my last shot at TV suggestions to my wife, with that "Spartacus" series.
                      haha
                      I think Dezz watched that. I thought it always looked campy and "b-rate" so I never wasted my time on it. Vikings though is the ****. Awesome story, good acting, good action.....and it has Katheryn Winnick, which is a win by ALL standards.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                        haha
                        I think Dezz watched that. I thought it always looked campy and "b-rate" so I never wasted my time on it. Vikings though is the ****. Awesome story, good acting, good action.....and it has Katheryn Winnick, which is a win by ALL standards.
                        At least one episode of Sparty had penis in it.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          At least one episode of Sparty had penis in it.
                          probably why Dezz liked it.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                            Can you ****ing read? I even told you the case.
                            If you're just arguing to argue, well then I can't help you. But there's audio files of 99% of supreme court cases of the past 75 years or so.
                            I found this particular one on a "More Perfect" podcast.

                            It's not your job to decipher the Constitution lol. How can you say it can't get any clearer when it's the main topic of debate? lol
                            I mean, the amendment starts with the words "A Well Regulated Militia", but, there's no such thing in present day, so....

                            DC vs Heller said basically that the 2 phrases within the amendment would be treated separately because the amendment contains commas lmao
                            They said they don't even know what the well regulated militia meant because it's never been contested.
                            Uhhhhp the hippy is getting angry again.
                            Which justice said it because I'm not seeing anything about being lazy. Again, it's a topic of debate because people don't like it.
                            There is "no such thing" today because we have the strongest military in the world. We are still given the right to form them.
                            Is it really that hard for you to understand.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                              Yeah, there was some comparison the Vikings series, which I've seen you guys talking about, but haven't watched. I blew my last shot at TV suggestions to my wife, with that "Spartacus" series.
                              Spartacus was good before the actor playing him died of cancer. The guy that replaced him wasn't good. And the girl that played Crixus gf left the show and her replacement was so bad. They made a prequel, that was pretty good.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                                haha
                                I think Dezz watched that. I thought it always looked campy and "b-rate" so I never wasted my time on it. Vikings though is the ****. Awesome story, good acting, good action.....and it has Katheryn Winnick, which is a win by ALL standards.
                                You see the season opener last week ? Great show Wed nights on history .. plus 1 on KW

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X