This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    You see the season opener last week ? Great show Wed nights on history .. plus 1 on KW
    I didn't. I'll get around to it eventually. Live tv isn't an option for me lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Uhhhhp the hippy is getting angry again.
      Which justice said it because I'm not seeing anything about being lazy. Again, it's a topic of debate because people don't like it.
      There is "no such thing" today because we have the strongest military in the world. We are still given the right to form them.
      Is it really that hard for you to understand.
      The purpose of a militia in the constitution is to stand against a tyrannical government. If the Gov't controls the military, your point doesn't make sense.
      If the states assembled their own militias, the second amendment would make a hell of a lot more sense, in modern day. The constitution hasn't had anything meaningful amended or ratified since the 60s. (unless you really care when law changes involving congressional salaries take effect)

In my opinion, everything should be up for debate, because it's the only way to stay current. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to live in the 1800s.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Spartacus was good before the actor playing him died of cancer. The guy that replaced him wasn't good. And the girl that played Crixus gf left the show and her replacement was so bad. They made a prequel, that was pretty good.
        Those gladiators were occasionally thrown some fine *****. I always wondered what they were in it for.

Comment

• Oh man...I can't imagine if in these days the states organized actual militias. It'd be such a ****show in every aspect.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            You see the season opener last week ? Great show Wed nights on history .. plus 1 on KW
            Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Yea it was good. Didnt think it would be without Ragnar and Ecbert. kind of wish they would keep to the history a bit more. Don't like how Ivar killed Sigurd last season.
            And the whole shield maiden thing has always been over the top.

Comment

We are still given the right to form them.
              I'm still a bit concerned over who that "we" could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I'm still a bit concerned over who that "we" could be.
                yea, hence my last post.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• the 3 shows I was looking forward to most returning were Vikings, The OA(Netflix) and Legion(Fox I think)
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

The purpose of a militia in the constitution is to stand against a tyrannical government. If the Gov't controls the military, your point doesn't make sense.
                    If the states assembled their own militias, the second amendment would make a hell of a lot more sense, in modern day. The constitution hasn't had anything meaningful amended or ratified since the 60s. (unless you really care when law changes involving congressional salaries take effect)

In my opinion, everything should be up for debate, because it's the only way to stay current. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to live in the 1800s.
                    Why the hell would militias be controlled by the very government they are fighting against? Were Confederate militias controlled by the Federals? Did Confederates control the Federals militias? No.
                    Staying current? Are you saying we don't need to defend ourselves from big government because we don't live in the 1800's? Like tyrannical governments is sooooo last millennium. That's extremely silly and naive.
                    Just think, if you liberal dopes exercised your 2nd amendment rights you might be able force the Donald out of office. hahahahaa

Comment

Why the hell would militias be controlled by the very government they are fighting against? Were Confederate militias controlled by the Federals? Did Confederates control the Federals militias? No.
                      Staying current? Are you saying we don't need to defend ourselves from big government because we don't live in the 1800's? Like tyrannical governments is sooooo last millennium. That's extremely silly and naive.
                      Just think, if you liberal dopes exercised your 2nd amendment rights you might be able force the Donald out of office. hahahahaa
                      no no...I said the MILITARY is controlled by the government, therefore your point about NOT needing militia because of that is invalid. I think we have the viewstance on that, I just don't think it's a modern concept because the country has never had individual state/local militias.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Oh man...I can't imagine if in these days the states organized actual militias. It'd be such a ****show in every aspect.
                        I'm sure they thought the same thing during the Revolution where most of the army was comprised of militia(no they didn't take orders from England lol), War of 1812, Mexican war, and Civil. Before then most people didn't like the idea of a grand army because it gave more power to the federal government. They were right.

Comment

the 3 shows I was looking forward to most returning were Vikings, The OA(Netflix) and Legion(Fox I think)
                          Every ones telling me The Punisher is really good. I haven't watched any of the marvel shows on tv. Some good shows I watched recently are Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things(I hope that was the last season, they're getting too old now), Istarted watching the Marco Polo show on Netflix, looked good.
                          Other than that Family Guy's been ok. Always loved that stupid humor. I like American Dad better. South Parks been ok too.

Comment

I'm sure they thought the same thing during the Revolution where most of the army was comprised of militia(no they didn't take orders from England lol), War of 1812, Mexican war, and Civil. Before then most people didn't like the idea of a grand army because it gave more power to the federal government. They were right.
                            I don't disagree, but pre-revolution there was no American government, just groups of people with ideals they wanted to implement. Not sure how else colonial territories would have fought a war >.<
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Every ones telling me The Punisher is really good. I haven't watched any of the marvel shows on tv. Some good shows I watched recently are Peaky Blinders, Stranger Things(I hope that was the last season, they're getting too old now), Istarted watching the Marco Polo show on Netflix, looked good.
                              Other than that Family Guy's been ok. Always loved that stupid humor. I like American Dad better. South Parks been ok too.
                              Gotta be honest...the only Marvel show on Netflix I actually liked was Jessica Jones. I didn't originally realize that Legion was a Marvel show lol....but goddamn I love that first season. Definitely looking forward to the 2nd one.

There's a TON of Netflix shows now, but I've only liked a few. Stranger Things was ok, but it's not the best **** ever like people make it out to be.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

How about Oak Island ? It just started up again ... They need to find something this year to keep me watching its like 4 years now digging holes and not really finding much....

Comment

Working...
                                X