This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Byron, please tell me that runts typically live longer.
    I really don't know Jim .. it depends if it has health problems from the start ... that pup got a clean bill of health at 8 weeks , the thinking is she'll be fine... That being said who knows we do everything we can to make sure we are breeding to good stock with a clean line .. Stud dogs that have health certificates ,hips , eyes etc... Most labs will live to somewhere around 11-14 ...

Who knows with her foot Jim she could have been stepped on by the breeder or even the mother would be my guess rather than the other pups ... The first two weeks of a litter is hell ...I don't get much sleep ....once their eyes are open and they get moving around good its not to bad ...But over the years we have lost a couple pups to the mother laying on them ...usually first time mothers...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      I really don't know Jim .. it depends if it has health problems from the start ... that pup got a clean bill of health at 8 weeks , the thinking is she'll be fine... That being said who knows we do everything we can to make sure we are breeding to good stock with a clean line .. Stud dogs that have health certificates ,hips , eyes etc... Most labs will live to somewhere around 11-14 ...

Who knows with her foot Jim she could have been stepped on by the breeder or even the mother would be my guess rather than the other pups ... The first two weeks of a litter is hell ...I don't get much sleep ....once their eyes are open and they get moving around good its not to bad ...But over the years we have lost a couple pups to the mother laying on them ...usually first time mothers...
      Ours is turning 10, soon. She's a good companion for my wife, but I don't know is she's going to want another dog after this one. Lot of things to consider.

Comment

• FFS....Days like today take days off my life....

Woke up really early, way earlier than I needed to. Felt sick. Luckily was able to fall back to sleep. I wake up at 9 to my alarm, and see that my job called me 3 times. I wasn't scheduled until 11, so I assumed they needed me earlier....which means someone called out.......WHICH THEN MEANS I can't really call out, which I should be doing in my current condition.
        They scheduled 2 people off on the same day also, and we're short a person we're replacing.
        Of course they don't bother even asking anyone to send coverage, so I show up, "why didn't you pick up??" --"because I was asleep" --"we needed you earlier. we had a call out"

Here's my go-to, and you can all steal it, because it's a good one;

Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          FFS....Days like today take days off my life....

Woke up really early, way earlier than I needed to. Felt sick. Luckily was able to fall back to sleep. I wake up at 9 to my alarm, and see that my job called me 3 times. I wasn't scheduled until 11, so I assumed they needed me earlier....which means someone called out.......WHICH THEN MEANS I can't really call out, which I should be doing in my current condition.
          They scheduled 2 people off on the same day also, and we're short a person we're replacing.
          Of course they don't bother even asking anyone to send coverage, so I show up, "why didn't you pick up??" --"because I was asleep" --"we needed you earlier. we had a call out"

Here's my go-to, and you can all steal it, because it's a good one;

Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.
          Back when I was in broadcasting, they told us there is only one reason to miss work........A death in the family...............Your own.
          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Back when I was in broadcasting, they told us there is only one reason to miss work........A death in the family...............Your own.
            lol, that's pretty awful.
            If you're sick, you shouldn't be around people and risk getting them sick.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Back when I was in broadcasting.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I'd say he's more like Brick

Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol, that's pretty awful.
                  If you're sick, you shouldn't be around people and risk getting them sick.
                  Hahaha....nice rationalization.
                  It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Hahaha....nice rationalization.
                    Most reputable organizations have this in their policies. If it's communicable, then GTFO
                    I only called out once this year. Well, twice actually. One time I had the flu...and the other time I couldn't move my car out on to the road due to snow lol
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I'll probably be off the boards for awhile when I'm off from work(I just don't get on them very often from home etc), so, I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year and all that bull****. I'll catch ya in 2018
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                        Hello friends,

I just wanted to take the time to say that my mother passed this past Friday December 15th at around 4 AM. She is responsible for my love of the Giants and football in general. She screamed, cursed, and cried during the games. I think she was a bigger fan than I ever was.

I thought it was appropriate to share with you guys because 1. I love you guys.
                        I am very sorry to hear that Rudy. Losing a parent is very difficult. My heart goes out to you and yours. When someone passes, we mourn our loss of them, but they are never really gone. She lives on in you. If Cherish her memory and carry her wisdom with you, she will always be by your side. In this time of mourning and between the tears, celebrate her life with those she has touched.

Comment

• Great post Jenn.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

a 2 bedroom condo, fully renovated with new kitchen and bathrooms, fully furnished.

is that too much to ask for?! I don't think so.
                            You don't want a house, right? Too much agita?

Comment

Tom became a petty, bitter old man who was actually angry that he was let go after going 19-29 in his last three seasons.

Results matter Dezz. he was no longer an effective coach. That's why he's in the Jax front office now, where he can't hurt anybody.
                              It's true. If it's finally true for Reese, it's true for everybody.

Comment

I'll probably be off the boards for awhile when I'm off from work(I just don't get on them very often from home etc), so, I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year and all that bull****. I'll catch ya in 2018
                                Thanks JP same to you ! I also wish everybody here a Merry Christmas and cheers to a happy new year ...

Comment

Working...
                                X