This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what I love?

I got a student, guy in his late 50's, already retired and is wealthy. He's taking lessons just to do something with himself. He's a nice guy, and we can have music be our common ground.
    He shelled out $1600 to go see that Springsteen on Broadway thing. Came in afterwards and *****ed and moaned about how he didn't play any of his hits and that he talked too much politics.
    Now, I can take or leave Bruce Springsteen; I respect him for who he is and what he's done, but I'm no huge fan of his music...some of it is ok.
    That's just my opinion.
    But I LOVED that the very fan base that he has generally has opposing political views as him, and he decided to not only charge them an arm and a leg to see his show, but once they were there he shoved his rants down their throats.

LOL....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      You know what I love?

I got a student, guy in his late 50's, already retired and is wealthy. He's taking lessons just to do something with himself. He's a nice guy, and we can have music be our common ground.
      He shelled out $1600 to go see that Springsteen on Broadway thing. Came in afterwards and *****ed and moaned about how he didn't play any of his hits and that he talked too much politics.
      Now, I can take or leave Bruce Springsteen; I respect him for who he is and what he's done, but I'm no huge fan of his music...some of it is ok.
      That's just my opinion.
      But I LOVED that the very fan base that he has generally has opposing political views as him, and he decided to not only charge them an arm and a leg to see his show, but once they were there he shoved his rants down their throats.

LOL....
      You'd think a guy in his 50s would already know how to play with himself, but I guess this guy needed the guru of that to take it to the next level?

Good story, though. Not a fan of Springsteen. Horrible voice, huge band that does very little instrumentally, and way overplayed on the radio for 2 decades. I have no idea what his politics are, thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

You'd think a guy in his 50s would already know how to play with himself, but I guess this guy needed the guru of that to take it to the next level?
        LOL sona*****...
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I'm skewing reality? I wasn't the one that tried to cram small government conservatism into a thread about fake patriotism.

You and I agree about small government and I while I hate republicans in general because most of their phony small government ideas are really about keeping poor people poor, I hate liberals much, much more. But spare me the pickup driving, gun rack redneck is the true patriot crap.

We'd all need to reduce our IQs to double digits to buy that,
          If you think small government conservative is akin to anti-intellectualism............yes. You know nothing of that philosophy if you believe that.
          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Where's Jmichael? Hope Zim is ok.

Comment

• I dunno but this place has turned into a political sausage fest.
              "No...I didn't."

Comment

I dunno but this place has turned into a political sausage fest.
                .....if it were a bacon-fest however......
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Man, what a heart-breaker last night.....first time in 38 years UGA has been in the position to be National Champ......and the defense didn't show up....(and the refs missed like 4 calls, but the game shoulda been sealed before that)

All I wanted was something to make me forget about the Giants season....instead, all I got was the Coup de Grace....right to my heart and soul!!!!!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You know what I love?

That's just my opinion.

LOL....
                    Yeah. The last place I want to hear politics is at music show.

Hey, I like your music, that doesn't mean I like everything you do. I do like musicians who have made the conscious decision to not discuss their political views at their shows.

Comment

• Yeah. it's like....I dunno...athletes not standing for the anthem or something....

Thank God THAT would never happen.
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

If you think small government conservative is akin to anti-intellectualism............yes. You know nothing of that philosophy if you believe that.
                        Of course, I don't think that. But I understand how you may have mistakenly taken that from the quote; that was not my intention. My point was that that over- simplification of issues is anti-intellectualism and it exists in equal measure on both sides of the political spectrum. That's all.

If you're spoiling for a fight here, I can't give you one. You know we are much more closely aligned politically than we are opposed. Plus I don't want to do that here. That's what tagf is for.

Comment

Yeah. it's like....I dunno...athletes not standing for the anthem or something....

Thank God THAT would never happen.
                          lol, sure open that can of worms right up.

I'm on the record as saying I don't have an issue with the players there. And I don't extrapolate what they're doing to be disrespect/hating to veterans, the flag or the country. Civil disobedience built this great country.

I have a big issue with the league. The players are exploiting the weakness of the league by doing it.

In my opinion it is completely inappropriate in that forum. I can't use my job as a platform for my political views, complaints etc.. This is completely the league's responsibility and it has chosen - as it does with so many other issues - to take a non position.

Comment

• "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• LLOYD!

Comment

• Saw that 3 billboard movie last night. Good but really sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X