This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Saw that 3 billboard movie last night. Good but really sad.
    agreed
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Saw that 3 billboard movie last night. Good but really sad.
      See 7 Psychopaths by the same guy. Good and twisted - not lol - funny, not sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Yeah. The last place I want to hear politics is at music show.

Hey, I like your music, that doesn't mean I like everything you do. I do like musicians who have made the conscious decision to not discuss their political views at their shows.
        I enjoy Ted Nugent, but would never go to one of his shows. My supervisor supposedly loves him, and boasted about taking his son. I was anxious to hear what songs he did, but only got a report on the gun and props displays on stage. Did he play "Stranglehold", or "Hibernation", I persisted? Just a deer in the headlights look, and right back to the guns...

Comment

I really liked In Bruges....I didn't know he did 7 Psychopaths....but I'm not sure I ever saw it actually.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I enjoy Ted Nugent, but would never go to one of his shows. My supervisor supposedly loves him, and boasted about taking his son. I was anxious to hear what songs he did, but only got a report on the gun and props displays on stage. Did he play "Stranglehold", or "Hibernation", I persisted? Just a deer in the headlights look, and right back to the guns...
            lol awful. Can't say I'd go to a concert to check out the set design lol.....although I've been to 2 Primus concerts, and those sets were a bit...."out there"
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

lol awful. Can't say I'd go to a concert to check out the set design lol.....although I've been to 2 Primus concerts, and those sets were a bit...."out there"
              I've seen shows with bare bones stages, as well as ones with elaborate setups, visuals, lasers, etc... I'm more there for the music. But to enjoy a guy slinging around machine guns and crossbows, instead of his guitar, is just plain stupid. And to not be able to name any songs he played - that's not a fan.
              I had the chance to see Primus, not too long ago. Les Claypool is a very good, innovative bassist - but I don't know about those other guys, and their original songs sound an awful lot alike. Did they cover any older music? I've seen him do entire Pink Floyd albums very well, King Crimsom, stuff like that. I think he's with Lennon's son, the Delerium something, or Oysterhead, these days.

Comment

I've seen shows with bare bones stages, as well as ones with elaborate setups, visuals, lasers, etc... I'm more there for the music. But to enjoy a guy slinging around machine guns and crossbows, instead of his guitar, is just plain stupid. And to not be able to name any songs he played - that's not a fan.
                Not sure why....but this reminds me of the time my dad called me to wish me a happy birthday a handful of years ago(He lives in NC, hence the phone call)....and when I asked him what he was up to he said he was out at Chik-Fil-A "showing his support"...this was during the same-sex marriage ordeal where there was a boycott....and im like "you hate fast food..." and hes like "yep"
                oh, just being a piece of ****....got it....

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                I had the chance to see Primus, not too long ago. Les Claypool is a very good, innovative bassist - but I don't know about those other guys, and their original songs sound an awful lot alike. Did they cover any older music? I've seen him do entire Pink Floyd albums very well, King Crimsom, stuff like that. I think he's with Lennon's son, the Delerium something, or Oysterhead, these days
                nope, last time was about 5 years ago maybe, they just did a handful of tracks off each album. nothing too crazy in terms of covers that I remember.
                I'm not even a HUGE fan...I only really like a handful of songs by Primus.

Jerry was...
                My Name is Mud
                Southbound Pachyderm
                Winona's Big Brown Beaver
                Lacquerhead
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Jerry was...
                  a Race Car Driver.

Comment

Not sure why....but this reminds me of the time my dad called me to wish me a happy birthday a handful of years ago(He lives in NC, hence the phone call)....and when I asked him what he was up to he said he was out at Chik-Fil-A "showing his support"...this was during the same-sex marriage ordeal where there was a boycott....and im like "you hate fast food..." and hes like "yep"
                    oh, just being a piece of ****....got it....
                    I see some of those opening up around here, so I guess whatever boycott didn't accomplish anything. I haven't gone there, or seen coupons for them.

Is that bathroom controversy still going on in N.C.?

Comment

a Race Car Driver.
                      ...drove so goddamn fast...
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea I saw that a while ago. Good movie. Sam Rockwells the man

Comment

I see some of those opening up around here, so I guess whatever boycott didn't accomplish anything. I haven't gone there, or seen coupons for them.

No idea, man.....can't say I follow NC's super progressive politics too closely lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea Pizzles been using the the ladies room.

Comment

Yea Pizzles been using the the ladies room.
                              They have better TP in there.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

They have better TP in there.
                                TamPons?
                                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X