This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I saw Tender Ted at the Paramount in Huntington last year. I'm not a Nugent fan but one of my best friends is so I went along. Plus, he does have some really good classic hard rock guitar songs and I can always listen to that.

First off, ridiculously loud. Not Who loud. It was like landing a plane inside a building loud. JHIs guitar was so amped he could play the guitar without actually having to strike any strings with his right hand. Just finger the fret and the note would sustain for an hour and a half.

Secondly, the politics were overwhelming. A lecture in between every song, half the crown wearing not concert T shirts but political T shirts. It was pathetic. And again, this was Long Island. Not a lot of deer hunting, rifle toting, tobacco chewing folks living in Northport, but you sure wouldn't know it by this crowd.

Mich more politics than the last Springsteen show I attended, not that I wanted to hear it at either.
    LOL, my supervisor lived in Northport, until just recently. I've never been to the Paramount, but used to go to My Father's Place in the late 70s, very early 80s. That seems close to where you are living, now. I think you said you grew up in the city - but had you been there in it's heyday? I read they are re-opening it, but at a different location.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      Got into Nugent early on "first couple of albums still have them somewhere" Back in the day around 74 our lead player got himself Peavey 400 watt head that sat on two columns with each having 6- 12" speakers and a horn at the top ... I took care of the thing for a winter which he didn't mind that I used it... I had a big bed room in my parents house and I would touch that thing off when my parents weren't home .. My les paul would come alive like that rattle the windows of that old house send sound you could all through the little town we lived in ... fun **** man
      Byron's guitar could blow the balls off a charging rhino, at 300 yards!

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

haha yea. Savage was the first to make it look amazing.

Kairi Sane looks like she doesn't care if she dies.....
        Women fighting each other, and men needing to take a dump or whatever in womens' bathrooms... I don't know about some of you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Women fighting each other, and men needing to take a dump or whatever in womens' bathrooms... I don't know about some of you guys.
          Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!!!!
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I just wanna go on record and say that from some of my lady friends' perspectives, a lot of female public restrooms are ****ing filthy, and apparently we wouldn't WANT to drop a deuce there......
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              I just wanna go on record and say that from some of my lady friends' perspectives, a lot of female public restrooms are ****ing filthy, and apparently we wouldn't WANT to drop a deuce there......
              Gee, why would women say that? Part of my job is unfortunately being the solver of all things emergency wise related on the night and weekend shifts. That includes toilet blockages. Many males will just keep crapping in a clogged toilet, right until it is up to the seat level. I know my ****.

Comment

Gee, why would women say that? Part of my job is unfortunately being the solver of all things emergency wise related on the night and weekend shifts. That includes toilet blockages. Many males will just keep crapping in a clogged toilet, right until it is up to the seat level. I know my ****.
                No, they are insinuating women are just as disgusting, if not more so, than men......
                and hey, I get it....if it's not YOUR bathroom, why would you care about the cleanliness....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Sounds awesome actually....
                  The power guitar parts were pretty awesome but a bit too much of a good thing.

Comment

LOL, my supervisor lived in Northport, until just recently. I've never been to the Paramount, but used to go to My Father's Place in the late 70s, very early 80s. That seems close to where you are living, now. I think you said you grew up in the city - but had you been there in it's heyday? I read they are re-opening it, but at a different location.
                    Yeah - it's pretty close. I hear it's opening in the same own but a different location. I grew up in the Bronx actually so we didn't ever go out to LI for shows and stuff. The subway made Manhattan easier to get to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Yeah - it's pretty close. I hear it's opening in the same own but a different location. I grew up in the Bronx actually so we didn't ever go out to LI for shows and stuff. The subway made Manhattan easier to get to.
                      I also read that the ownership will be trying to coax musicians and comedians who performed there when they were lesser known back then, to come back and do some shows again. That is where I saw Jorma Kaukonen for the first time, doing his old timey acoustic blues stuff.
                      Last edited by jimmie ray; 01-11-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Byron's guitar could blow the balls off a charging rhino, at 300 yards!
                        not what I was going for Jim just making conversation.. but those hollow bodies Nugent was running would probably blow them self's apart if left to their own over amped devices that LPC I had would probably blow up the amp up..that I do believe... whatever nugent was loud and took advantage of heavy feedback and imo was kind gross character on stage and off ...killem and grillen Ted great guy

Comment

not what I was going for Jim just making conversation.. but those hollow bodies Nugent was running would probably blow them self's apart if left to their own over amped devices that LPC I had would probably blow up the amp up..that I do believe... whatever nugent was loud and took advantage of heavy feedback and imo was kind gross character on stage and off ...killem and grillen Ted great guy
                          That was a quote from Nugent that I remember from some live version of "Hibernation", from a very long time ago. I have zero interest in guns or hunting, myself. But we beat that topic and citizens' rights to death here, not too long ago.

Comment

That was a quote from Nugent that I remember from some live version of "Hibernation", from a very long time ago. I have zero interest in guns or hunting, myself. But we beat that topic and citizens' rights to death here, not too long ago.
                            your right Jim didn't put that together so I looked it up , he says that just before playing Hibernation .. Gonzo album which I happen to have so I should have caught it .. Been a long time since I have listen to his stuff.. sorry man ...My fav off the double album at the time, he's playing a custom in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU

Last edited by byron; 01-11-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

your right Jim didn't put that together so I looked it up , he says that just before playing Hibernation .. Gonzo album which I happen to have so I should have caught it .. Been a long time since I have listen to his stuff.. sorry man ...My fav off the double album at the time, he's playing a custom in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU

LOL - he's pooping out a coon, during that one!

Comment

LOL - he's pooping out a coon, during that one!
                                yep... haha he'll be the first guy into the gender free bath room strutting his stuff ... side note youtube went to this right after the WB ....long live version a strat and a custom working together great tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaS_vYIQ_A

Comment

Working...
                                X