Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    A good friend of mines an eagle fan. I don't think I'd be able to deal him if they win it all.
    one of my oldest friends is an Eagles fan....it's really difficult to talk football with her. I just always go "typical Eagles fan!!"
    Luckily she's been too busy with work to talk **** lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • I also have another friend who's a skins fan....he's a little more level-headed I'd say though.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

        Hard to pick that game. On a neutral field I would go with the Vikings every time but in Philly it's tough to call.

        I was impressed with Philly's D against the Falcons. I have to "lean" Minny but not with a lot of conviction.
        If Philly had Wentz they would be 5 or 6 point favorites. I feel badly for them that they lost the kid.
        That drive they had in the 4th against the Falcons was good too.
        Yup, I'm thinking the same, except I dont feel bad they lost Wentz. But I'm not surprised you feel sympathy for the enemy.

        You missed a good Ranger game last night by the way, Benny.

        Comment


        • Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
            Not this year. You?
            I need to start watching more games. I loved playing.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

              **** Philly.....they can eat **** and die.
              Honestly....I stopped hating other teams a while ago. the team I hate the most now is the Pats, but it's not really hate....It's just I want to stick it to their fans.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

                Not this year. You?
                I need to start watching more games. I loved playing.
                nah, I ask because I've actually never been to MSG, believe it or not. Been UNDER it a bunch of times....
                but yea, only one of my sports teams I've never seen lol.It's always been a bit pricey. I'm looking now at employee discounts. sometimes I can get 20-25% off Rangers and Knicks
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                  nah, I ask because I've actually never been to MSG, believe it or not. Been UNDER it a bunch of times....
                  but yea, only one of my sports teams I've never seen lol.It's always been a bit pricey. I'm looking now at employee discounts. sometimes I can get 20-25% off Rangers and Knicks
                  Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too. I found it odd that he Rangers fans would chant "Potvin sucks!", when they weren't even playing the Islanders. I could get Jets tickets at face value, but the seats really sucked, and I didn't care for the "atmosphere". Yet I've only ever gotten one offer for a Giants game, and that was in preseason.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
                    I used to go all the time in the 80's
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                      Honestly....I stopped hating other teams a while ago. the team I hate the most now is the Pats, but it's not really hate....It's just I want to stick it to their fans.
                      And yet you live there....
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                        Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too.

                        Why don't you brag a little more? Tell us about the limos and coke that went along with it?

                        Jeez....

                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                          And yet you live there....
                          Not everyone believes in supporting the local teams. I think it's the basis of sports - but that is changing, especially with TV and internet packages.

                          At least Chris has resisted the bandwagon thing, it would certainly be easy enough for him to claim being a lifelong Pats fan.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post


                            Why don't you brag a little more? Tell us about the limos and coke that went along with it?

                            Jeez....
                            LOL, I really don't have much to brag about - just let me be king for a day, here.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                              Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too. I found it odd that he Rangers fans would chant "Potvin sucks!", when they weren't even playing the Islanders. I could get Jets tickets at face value, but the seats really sucked, and I didn't care for the "atmosphere". Yet I've only ever gotten one offer for a Giants game, and that was in preseason.
                              That's awesome.

                              I'm not sure I've ever paid for a Yankees game, other than the train to the game.
                              I've gone to a handful of Giants game for free. My uncle got company tickets occasionally and Bruce from here (lt56taylor) would give me his extra ticket if I picked him up lol. Usually though, it's a $500 day or more going to a game....eesh
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                                Not everyone believes in supporting the local teams. I think it's the basis of sports - but that is changing, especially with TV and internet packages.

                                At least Chris has resisted the bandwagon thing, it would certainly be easy enough for him to claim being a lifelong Pats fan.
                                Don't let him brainwash you into thinking that.
                                Dezz and I know the truth about his "fandom" over his lifetime......HE DISGUSTS ME!!!!
                                TELL'EM, DEZZ!!!!! lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X