This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    A good friend of mines an eagle fan. I don't think I'd be able to deal him if they win it all.
    one of my oldest friends is an Eagles fan....it's really difficult to talk football with her. I just always go "typical Eagles fan!!"
    Luckily she's been too busy with work to talk **** lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I also have another friend who's a skins fan....he's a little more level-headed I'd say though.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Hard to pick that game. On a neutral field I would go with the Vikings every time but in Philly it's tough to call.

I was impressed with Philly's D against the Falcons. I have to "lean" Minny but not with a lot of conviction.
        If Philly had Wentz they would be 5 or 6 point favorites. I feel badly for them that they lost the kid.
        That drive they had in the 4th against the Falcons was good too.
        Yup, I'm thinking the same, except I dont feel bad they lost Wentz. But I'm not surprised you feel sympathy for the enemy.

You missed a good Ranger game last night by the way, Benny.

Comment

• Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
            Not this year. You?
            I need to start watching more games. I loved playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

**** Philly.....they can eat **** and die.
              Honestly....I stopped hating other teams a while ago. the team I hate the most now is the Pats, but it's not really hate....It's just I want to stick it to their fans.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Not this year. You?
                I need to start watching more games. I loved playing.
                nah, I ask because I've actually never been to MSG, believe it or not. Been UNDER it a bunch of times....
                but yea, only one of my sports teams I've never seen lol.It's always been a bit pricey. I'm looking now at employee discounts. sometimes I can get 20-25% off Rangers and Knicks
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

nah, I ask because I've actually never been to MSG, believe it or not. Been UNDER it a bunch of times....
                  but yea, only one of my sports teams I've never seen lol.It's always been a bit pricey. I'm looking now at employee discounts. sometimes I can get 20-25% off Rangers and Knicks
                  Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too. I found it odd that he Rangers fans would chant "Potvin sucks!", when they weren't even playing the Islanders. I could get Jets tickets at face value, but the seats really sucked, and I didn't care for the "atmosphere". Yet I've only ever gotten one offer for a Giants game, and that was in preseason.

Comment

Dezz, you been to a Rangers game?
                    I used to go all the time in the 80's
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Honestly....I stopped hating other teams a while ago. the team I hate the most now is the Pats, but it's not really hate....It's just I want to stick it to their fans.
                      And yet you live there....
                      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                      "No...I didn't."
                      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too.

Why don't you brag a little more? Tell us about the limos and coke that went along with it?

Jeez....

"No...I didn't."

Comment

And yet you live there....
                          Not everyone believes in supporting the local teams. I think it's the basis of sports - but that is changing, especially with TV and internet packages.

At least Chris has resisted the bandwagon thing, it would certainly be easy enough for him to claim being a lifelong Pats fan.

Comment

Why don't you brag a little more? Tell us about the limos and coke that went along with it?

Jeez....
                            LOL, I really don't have much to brag about - just let me be king for a day, here.

Comment

Back in the early 80s to mid 90s, I could get free tickets to just about any Rangers, Islanders, Yankees and Mets games. Jets games - good seats and even playoffs too. I found it odd that he Rangers fans would chant "Potvin sucks!", when they weren't even playing the Islanders. I could get Jets tickets at face value, but the seats really sucked, and I didn't care for the "atmosphere". Yet I've only ever gotten one offer for a Giants game, and that was in preseason.
                              That's awesome.

I'm not sure I've ever paid for a Yankees game, other than the train to the game.
                              I've gone to a handful of Giants game for free. My uncle got company tickets occasionally and Bruce from here (lt56taylor) would give me his extra ticket if I picked him up lol. Usually though, it's a $500 day or more going to a game....eesh
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Not everyone believes in supporting the local teams. I think it's the basis of sports - but that is changing, especially with TV and internet packages.

At least Chris has resisted the bandwagon thing, it would certainly be easy enough for him to claim being a lifelong Pats fan.
                                Don't let him brainwash you into thinking that.
                                Dezz and I know the truth about his "fandom" over his lifetime......HE DISGUSTS ME!!!!
                                TELL'EM, DEZZ!!!!! lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X