This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Odell maybe more athletically gifted but Nicks was more of a complete WR. Watch the highlights man. Odell can't pull off those backshoulder fades like that, he can't out muscle his man like Nicks. He can't box his man out like Nicks.
    If Odell puts together a year in 2018 that most of us expect, he will be behind only Toomer as the greatest Giants WR. He needs a ring to pass him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

If Odell puts together a year in 2018 that most of us expect, he will be behind only Toomer as the greatest Giants WR. He needs a ring to pass him.
      No he doesn't. I'm surprised to see you buy into that nonsense.
      Gayle Sayers was better than Joe Morris.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I guess it's subjective like everything else. Also comes down to how you're judging who the best is. If it's career stats it's Toomer. Odells stats speak for themselves. He is amazing and if he stays a Giant he'll break all of Toomers easily. But if we're talking about the best, consistent WR in big moments, its Hakeem. Everyone needs to watch that playoff run again. He was incredible.

Comment

I guess it's subjective like everything else. Also comes down to how you're judging who the best is. If it's career stats it's Toomer. Odells stats speak for themselves. He is amazing and if he stays a Giant he'll break all of Toomers easily. But if we're talking about the best, consistent WR in big moments, its Hakeem. Everyone needs to watch that playoff run again. He was incredible.
          I agree about that playoff run. Nicks made catch after catch in traffic...out-leaping and out-grabbing the ball when surrounded like a glove by 2 defenders. I thought he was going to be the greatest WR ever for us, and then is got cut short. It was sad to see what a shell of himself he was in his last season with us.
          Odell has to do some playoff magic to pass Nicks in that contribution to the team. It's so hard for them tostay healthy anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No he doesn't. I'm surprised to see you buy into that nonsense.
            Gayle Sayers was better than Joe Morris.
            and Marino was better than 90% of all SB winning QB's.
            SB Fame is strange, and often just the luck of a moment. One of the all time suck jobs was giving that ball to Refrigerator Perry, instead of Walter Peyton in '85.

Comment

• I had a dream the other night (I usually don't remember any dreams) that I was back at my parents house in the 80s sitting on the living room carpet as a teenager listening to Pat Summerall say "Simms to Bavaro......touchdown" as my dad sat on the couch smiling and my mother came in from the kitchen, where she was making Sunday sauce, saying "Did the Giants score??".....
              That was a nice dream.
              Last edited by JoeBigBlue; 02-12-2018, 09:15 PM.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• The '86 game is still my all time favorite, simply wiping out all those bad years. '07 was right with it, but just a hair less satisfying.
                How about,Simms to Bavaro to McConkey? That was fun, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  I had a dream the other night (I usually don't remember any dreams) that I was back at my parents house in the 80s sitting on the living room carpet as a teenager listening to Pat Summerall say "Simms to Bavaro......touchdown" as my dad sat on the couch smiling and my mother came in from the kitchen, where she was making Sunday sauce, saying "Did the Giants score??".....
                  That was a nice dream.
                  I didn't start watching football until I was 22 or so, and never once did I watch a game in my parent's house. Sundays were for Abbott and Costello in the morning, and Disney at night. No TV allowed in between - get lost for the day, or be given a list of chores... Sounds like a nice dream, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

I agree about that playoff run. Nicks made catch after catch in traffic...out-leaping and out-grabbing the ball when surrounded like a glove by 2 defenders. I thought he was going to be the greatest WR ever for us, and then is got cut short. It was sad to see what a shell of himself he was in his last season with us.
                    Odell has to do some playoff magic to pass Nicks in that contribution to the team. It's so hard for them tostay healthy anymore.
                    Maybe our organization can actually set us up with what we need to MAKE THE ****ING PLAYOFFS, and then we can have that conversation >.<
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• What do you like better, 3-4 or 4-3? What do you think we run next year?

Comment

What do you like better, 3-4 or 4-3? What do you think we run next year?
                        I prefer the 4-3, but....who ****ing knows if we could do better as 3-4 since we never have good LBs anyway, lol
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Maybe our organization can actually set us up with what we need to MAKE THE ****ING PLAYOFFS, and then we can have that conversation >.<
                          LOL.

So, we should hire Ben McAdoo as HC, bring in Bobby Hart, sign Rashad Jennings as RB, and give Vernon, Snacks, and Jackrabbit a billion dollars?
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

LOL.

So, we should hire Ben McAdoo as HC, bring in Bobby Hart, sign Rashad Jennings as RB, and give Vernon, Snacks, and Jackrabbit a billion dollars?
                            hahaha
                            I'd say Snacks and Jenkins were worth the money. It's too bad they played on a bad team and made it a waste of money
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• When we had the 3-4 we had excellent LB's. I don't think the guys we have can fill the holes like they need to. Stay with 4-3 with the personnel we now have.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                                When we had the 3-4 we had excellent LB's. I don't think the guys we have can fill the holes like they need to. Stay with 4-3 with the personnel we now have.
                                most Giants fans can name the LBs on the 86 team, but couldn't tell you the names of the enhancement talent, jobber jabronies we have at LB now. including myself!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X