This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

most Giants fans can name the LBs on the 86 team, but couldn't tell you the names of the enhancement talent, jobber jabronies we have at LB now. including myself!
    That's funny, cuz it's true. I have no idea who our three LB's will be next year...Casillas? Goodson? Kennard? Herzlich talking about coming back. He's 30 and has always been a marginal player. Then we have 5-6 other names I hardly remember. They'regood for special teams, but as a full time starter? Don't know how decent any of them will be next year playing 4-3, much less considering an extra body for the 3-4.. LT, Carson, Reasons and Banks were perfect for that scheme. Any one of them could plug a hole fast in the wider gaps a 3-4 leaves.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

That's funny, cuz it's true. I have no idea who our three LB's will be next year...Casillas? Goodson? Kennard? Herzlich talking about coming back. He's 30 and has always been a marginal player. Then we have 5-6 other names I hardly remember. They'regood for special teams, but as a full time starter? Don't know how decent any of them will be next year playing 4-3, much less considering an extra body for the 3-4.. LT, Carson, Reasons and Banks were perfect for that scheme. Any one of them could plug a hole fast in the wider gaps a 3-4 leaves.
      Yea....I actually do know Kennard and Casillas, but admitting that wouldn't really drive my point home =P
      BUT THE REST OF THEM??? No effing clue who
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I think Snacks, Vernon, and JPP would be good for the 3 man line.... it's only the LB's we have that make it weak.

Comment

I think Snacks, Vernon, and JPP would be good for the 3 man line.... it's only the LB's we have that make it weak.
          Vernon would likely be joker.

Comment

• I have two differing opinions right now:

1. Gettleman is going to make a lot more changes to this team than we think, and for the better. Somehow, he's going to figure out how to get the right players in here.

2. "You don't give up on talent" is a quote from his presser that stuck in my head.....that sounds like "Well, so and so didn't have a good year or two but I think he's talented so he stays...."

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              I have two differing opinions right now:

1. Gettleman is going to make a lot more changes to this team than we think, and for the better. Somehow, he's going to figure out how to get the right players in here.

2. "You don't give up on talent" is a quote from his presser that stuck in my head.....that sounds like "Well, so and so didn't have a good year or two but I think he's talented so he stays...."
              1. Everyone's guilty until proven innocent, so I don't give a **** who the GM or HC is, because we haven't played yet.

2. There's a difference in giving a guy 2 years, and another to have dead weight for 4 yrs....but hey, what do I know?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• You guys have any expectations of the 2018 New York Panthers-- I mean Giants?
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• LOL
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

You guys have any expectations of the 2018 New York Panthers-- I mean Giants?
                    Not really. I know I'm in the minority but I think we should trade Odell for as many draft picks as we can get. Completely rebuild the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Not really. I know I'm in the minority but I think we should trade Odell for as many draft picks as we can get. Completely rebuild the team.
                      Whie I can understand the logic in that, I'm not ready to pull the trigger.
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

Most teams would want a cornerstone like that. I don't know how I'd feel about trading away our best player.
                        It's not like the Texans were looking to trade Deandre Hopkins when they had literally no one better. Now they have a QB they can keep building with, and have a top 5 WR to match him up with.
                        We need that.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                          I have two differing opinions right now:

I hope they don't apply #2 to Apple. He needs to have a new address. When I was at the stadium watching him 'play' against the Rams, it was the most horrible effort I have ever seen in 59 years of watching the Gmen. When we played zone, which was most of the snaps, if the WR on his side cut across the middle, he just stood in his "zone" and watched all the action from far away. He never ran towards the action in the middle or across the field to maybe help out. He became a total spectator, standing all alone on his side of the field, and it was disgraceful.

Comment

I hope they don't apply #2 to Apple. He needs to have a new address.
                            **** that guy. even when he tries he's not good enough to be on a pro roster, let alone starting.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Most teams would want a cornerstone like that. I don't know how I'd feel about trading away our best player.
                              It's not like the Texans were looking to trade Deandre Hopkins when they had literally no one better. Now they have a QB they can keep building with, and have a top 5 WR to match him up with.
                              We need that.
                              We NEED a running game. That has been killing us for years. Ol' MH was wrong. The league may be more pass happy but the running game is just as important as it was before.
                              Everywhere you look this team needs help. Trade Odell, get more picks.

Comment

We NEED a running game. That has been killing us for years. Ol' MH was wrong. The league may be more pass happy but the running game is just as important as it was before.
                                Everywhere you look this team needs help. Trade Odell, get more picks.
                                Those things are not mutually exclusive, Dezz.....why don't you put your complaints into why haven't had anything resembling an acceptable OL since 2011, that way our offense works regardless of who we have at RB??
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X