This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Those things are not mutually exclusive, Dezz.....why don't you put your complaints into why haven't had anything resembling an acceptable OL since 2011, that way our offense works regardless of who we have at RB??
    I said we need a running game, not a rb, but yea I guess we need a rb too. Sooooo many holes on this team right now

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

I hope they don't apply #2 to Apple. He needs to have a new address. When I was at the stadium watching him 'play' against the Rams, it was the most horrible effort I have ever seen in 59 years of watching the Gmen. When we played zone, which was most of the snaps, if the WR on his side cut across the middle, he just stood in his "zone" and watched all the action from far away. He never ran towards the action in the middle or across the field to maybe help out. He became a total spectator, standing all alone on his side of the field, and it was disgraceful.
      He'll be back unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I said we need a running game, not a rb, but yea I guess we need a rb too. Sooooo many holes on this team right now
        Yes. I just don't buy into this whole drafting Barkley thing. Look at all the best RBs in the league over the past.....lets say....5 years....
        The only guy drafted in the first round whos lived up to the hype is Zeke Elliott.

2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders all over the top of the charts.....but not any 1st rounders.....
        wasted pick, EVERY time.
        I'm so tired of these marks so insistent on drafting Barkley. BUILD THE OL!!!!! We can sign a ****ing kid working for a car dealership to be RB if we have the OL for him. IT LITERALLY DOES NOT MATTER whos in the backfield.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

IT LITERALLY DOES NOT MATTER whos in the backfield.

Perkins/Williams come on down!!!!
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Perkins/Williams come on down!!!!
            lmao
            Williams was so one dimensional. BAD.....
            Perkins I have no idea. they only gave him the ball like 40 times this year and he did nothing with it.

But yea, I mean....those guys COULD HAVE had good seasons for all I ****ing know, but we WONT know because the guys have never seen the OL open up a hole before.
            ****, they probably wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they did see one!
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I'm with Pizz on this... give any RB a hole and he'll get something. Get the horses to make those holes and we'll find that Darkwa and Gallman are better than we think. They have rarely seen a real hole before, so how do we know we need someone better.

Comment

I'm with Pizz on this... give any RB a hole and he'll get something. Get the horses to make those holes and we'll find that Darkwa and Gallman are better than we think. They have rarely seen a real hole before, so how do we know we need someone better.
                I agree.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I'm with Pizz on this... give any RB a hole and he'll get something. Get the horses to make those holes and we'll find that Darkwa and Gallman are better than we think. They have rarely seen a real hole before, so how do we know we need someone better.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

He'll be back unfortunately
                    Coach the kid up for God's sake. He's a talented player with an attitude problem. We had a DC who did not get the most out of his players and didn't put them in a position to succeed. That is why he's gone.

If we dump Apple he'll probably show up somewhere else with real coaches and excel.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Coach the kid up for God's sake. He's a talented player with an attitude problem. We had a DC who did not get the most out of his players and didn't put them in a position to succeed. That is why he's gone.

If we dump Apple he'll probably show up somewhere else with real coaches and excel.
                      He needs an attitude adjustment. When the coaches opened a post game evaluatiuon to remarks from the players, he was widely criticized for his lack of effort and wanted to walk out. I don't want anyone on the field who isn't going to play their heart out.

Comment

Now you're blaming Spags for Apples behavior? Come on, man. Get real. The best player on defense called him a cancer.

And when has he ever showed talent? He had one decent game against Denver, who have no qb. He's a quitter.

Comment

Now you're blaming Spags for Apples behavior? Come on, man. Get real. The best player on defense called him a cancer.

And when has he ever showed talent? He had one decent game against Denver, who have no qb. He's a quitter.
                          Not at all. I am blaming the DC for not getting the most out of him.

The biggest problem with this team is a failure of coaching. I'm glad the new GM and HC have dumped all of them.

Comment

He needs an attitude adjustment. When the coaches opened a post game evaluatiuon to remarks from the players, he was widely criticized for his lack of effort and wanted to walk out. I don't want anyone on the field who isn't going to play their heart out.
                            So you want to cut Janoris Jenkins as well?

Comment

So you want to cut Janoris Jenkins as well?
                              Not at all... Jenkins problem was with the coach who tried to pin a punishment on him that wasn't equally applied to ODB previously. If it translated to his performance on the field it was to get even with the coach. In Apple's case it was pure apathy. Jenkins has always given good effort, except for those few occasions. Apple has given sub par effort game after game.

Comment

No he doesn't. I'm surprised to see you buy into that nonsense.
                                Gayle Sayers was better than Joe Morris.
                                When did Sayers play for the Giants? When speaking of the greatest players for a team, what they have helped that team accomplish is very relevant to where he is regarded in team greatness. If you are talking about best in the league their contributions to their team's success become less relevant.

Explain to me exactly when winning championships became nonsense to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X