This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I guess it's subjective like everything else. Also comes down to how you're judging who the best is. If it's career stats it's Toomer. Odells stats speak for themselves. He is amazing and if he stays a Giant he'll break all of Toomers easily. But if we're talking about the best, consistent WR in big moments, its Hakeem. Everyone needs to watch that playoff run again. He was incredible.
    To date, Hakeem is still greater than Odell, hopefully that won't last.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Explain to me exactly when winning championships became nonsense to you?

Probably around the time he became an Eagles fan.....he became disoriented.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

and Marino was better than 90% of all SB winning QB's.
        SB Fame is strange, and often just the luck of a moment. One of the all time suck jobs was giving that ball to Refrigerator Perry, instead of Walter Peyton in '85.
        I've always been of the opinion that at least one championship appearance should be a prerequisite for being in the Hall of fame.

HoF standards
        1-Played in at least one championship or Super Bowl
        2-Is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) among the top 5 players of all time at the position at the time he retired.
        3-If unable to meet the standards of #2, is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) clearly the single best player at his position for at least 7 seasons.

Figure that might trim down the Hall of Fame's roster enough to make it mean something.

Comment

What do you like better, 3-4 or 4-3? What do you think we run next year?
          neither is stellar, I like 12-4 or better.

Comment

When did Sayers play for the Giants? When speaking of the greatest players for a team, what they have helped that team accomplish is very relevant to where he is regarded in team greatness. If you are talking about best in the league their contributions to their team's success become less relevant.

Explain to me exactly when winning championships became nonsense to you?
            When evaluating a WR...it is.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

That's funny, cuz it's true. I have no idea who our three LB's will be next year...Casillas? Goodson? Kennard? Herzlich talking about coming back. He's 30 and has always been a marginal player. Then we have 5-6 other names I hardly remember. They'regood for special teams, but as a full time starter? Don't know how decent any of them will be next year playing 4-3, much less considering an extra body for the 3-4.. LT, Carson, Reasons and Banks were perfect for that scheme. Any one of them could plug a hole fast in the wider gaps a 3-4 leaves.
              I always felt Reasons was under appreciated.

Granted he played with some great players but he was a play maker himself.

Comment

• "Fake punt..and its gonna work....its Reasons streaking...."
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Reasons would have been the best LB on most other teams. He was 4th best on ours... Carson, LT, and Banks? Wow. I'd be honored to be 4th best to those three. And, Banks should be in the hall with LT and Harry.

Comment

and Marino was better than 90% of all SB winning QB's.
                    SB Fame is strange, and often just the luck of a moment. One of the all time suck jobs was giving that ball to Refrigerator Perry, instead of Walter Peyton in '85.
                    Oh man, I thought I was the only one pissed off about that.

What a circus act that was. How do you not give the ball to the greatest RB in the SB. What a disgrace that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I agree. He was a great LB. That goal line stand was all him.

Great instincts and a great nose for the ball, to Zimmy’s point. If the play wasn’t right at him, he sought out the action. He didn’t wait around for something to come his way, he chased it. I absolutely loved Reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Oh man, I thought I was the only one pissed off about that.

What a circus act that was. How do you not give the ball to the greatest RB in the SB. What a disgrace that was.
                        Perry was about the hottest commodity in Sports leading into that SB. Walter Peyton, like Gale Sayers, was a humble, quiet man who brought his lunch to every game he ever played in, in his HOF career. Giving the ball to Perry, in that slaughter of a game, was the hot thing to do. Surprised me that Ditka made that choice, unless McMahon called the play. They were pandering to the media darling, and it was so wrong

Comment

I think Snacks, Vernon, and JPP would be good for the 3 man line.... it's only the LB's we have that make it weak.
                          I don't think JPP would hold up. If I were the opposing RB, I'm shooting for the hole on his bad hand side, repetitively. Vernon on the other side makes for a light front 3, too. Harrison has done it, and is perfect - but they would need different DE personnel. Tomlinson would probably not be agile enough for moving outside. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• You think the mail lady will be my valentine?

Comment

I've always been of the opinion that at least one championship appearance should be a prerequisite for being in the Hall of fame.

HoF standards
                              1-Played in at least one championship or Super Bowl
                              2-Is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) among the top 5 players of all time at the position at the time he retired.
                              3-If unable to meet the standards of #2, is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) clearly the single best player at his position for at least 7 seasons.

Figure that might trim down the Hall of Fame's roster enough to make it mean something.
                              You've said this a year ago or so, and it's still the dumbest thing I've ever read.
                              You have also stated that if someone better comes along, they should be able to remove people from the HOF to make room. That's ridiculous.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You think the mail lady will be my valentine?
                                No. Because you're hideous. Like, Quasimodo got beat in the face with a Louisville Slugger
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X