This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

No. Because you're hideous. Like, Quasimodo got beat in the face with a Louisville Slugger
    NO!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

NO!
      Soooooo a SUPER uggo?
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Soooooo a SUPER uggo?
        At least Im not Chunk

Comment

At least Im not Chunk
          Dezz as a kid
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You have also stated that if someone better comes along, they should be able to remove people from the HOF to make room.

LOLOLOL........

Make room??

It's not a retirement home or something.......WTF???

LMAO

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I've always been of the opinion that at least one championship appearance should be a prerequisite for being in the Hall of fame.

HoF standards
              1-Played in at least one championship or Super Bowl
              2-Is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) among the top 5 players of all time at the position at the time he retired.
              3-If unable to meet the standards of #2, is considered (in the opinion of the individual voter) clearly the single best player at his position for at least 7 seasons.

Figure that might trim down the Hall of Fame's roster enough to make it mean something.
              I think that's a bit extreme. You can go by stats but playoff runs and how well they perform should be a factor as well. They just need to be a little more strict is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

LOLOLOL........

Make room??

It's not a retirement home or something.......WTF???

LMAO
                Hence why I've told her it was the most ridiculous thing I've read
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• HOF to me is all about the ability to lead their team to wins(obviously includes playoffs and championships), and the longevity of their "greatness"....
                  I personally don't even think it's hard to gauge, when you break it all down.

2 great seasons don't equal greatness, but neither does a random Super Bowl win either.
                  I'm also well aware of the fact that football, being a team game, means that one great player doesn't mean you just always win, so guys like Marino, and Barry Sanders, guys unquestionably considered all time greats at their positions, wouldn't win the big one...
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You think the mail lady will be my valentine?
                    Absolutely. Make her job that much worse by hitting on her.

I'm sure that never happens.

Comment

You've said this a year ago or so, and it's still the dumbest thing I've ever read.
                      You have also stated that if someone better comes along, they should be able to remove people from the HOF to make room. That's ridiculous.
                      Well, you probably like trophies for 3rd place too. I think there should only be gold metals at the Olympics too. Either you win or you don't, wtf is 3rd place anyway, just another person who lost.

Comment

HOF to me is all about the ability to lead their team to wins(obviously includes playoffs and championships), and the longevity of their "greatness"....
                        I personally don't even think it's hard to gauge, when you break it all down.

2 great seasons don't equal greatness, but neither does a random Super Bowl win either.
                        I'm also well aware of the fact that football, being a team game, means that one great player doesn't mean you just always win, so guys like Marino, and Barry Sanders, guys unquestionably considered all time greats at their positions, wouldn't win the big one...
                        Cry me a river, they got paid to fail season after season, should be happy they had jobs. HOF my ***.
                        Last edited by jmike; 02-14-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Comment

He's not wrong. Is there really that much of a difference on the season between the Pats and the Giants? When the season ended they were both complete failures, just took the Pats longer to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Cry me a river, they got paid to fail season after season, should be happy they had jobs. HOF my ***.
                              OOOOOOOk pal
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Absolutely. Make her job that much worse by hitting on her.

I'm sure that never happens.
                                I don't know why Jen hasn't asked me yet....

Comment

Working...
                                X