This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

He's not wrong. Is there really that much of a difference on the season between the Pats and the Giants? When the season ended they were both complete failures, just took the Pats longer to find out.
    Uhhhh yea. The Pats won their division and won their entire conference.

Comment

• We have no control over what Dave G and FO are going to do like zeroooooooooooooo... I know this is useless information just trying to keep up with tagf... I can' wait for the woulda , coulda post draft season ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I don't think JPP would hold up. If I were the opposing RB, I'm shooting for the hole on his bad hand side, repetitively. Vernon on the other side makes for a light front 3, too. Harrison has done it, and is perfect - but they would need different DE personnel. Tomlinson would probably not be agile enough for moving outside. Just my thoughts.
        George Martin, LDE in the 3-4 of our glory years, was 245. Marshall, RDE, was 288. Martin was effective because of his speed, agility, and ability to hold his ground and stay on his feet. There's no reason why a lighter DE like Jpp at 270 and Vernon at 261 can't be effective. What you need to complement their smallish size is some hard nose middle LB's to fill the gaps... that was Harry and Reasons in the 80's . We haven't got those heavy hitting LB's today, and that makes JPP and Vernon's lighter weight at DE less tolerable.

Comment

• I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.
          Last edited by JoeBigBlue; 02-15-2018, 08:10 AM.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Amen... I have honored my word in the face of having to eat some unforeseen residual costs. I don't blame you for expecting what was verbally agreed to. Rats that don't honor their word have always been out there, but it seems more common today.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I don't know why Jen hasn't asked me yet....
              Im sure its only because shes married.

Otherwise, I doubt shed be able to resist you. I know can only barely.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

George Martin, LDE in the 3-4 of our glory years, was 245. Marshall, RDE, was 288. Martin was effective because of his speed, agility, and ability to hold his ground and stay on his feet. There's no reason why a lighter DE like Jpp at 270 and Vernon at 261 can't be effective. What you need to complement their smallish size is some hard nose middle LB's to fill the gaps... that was Harry and Reasons in the 80's . We haven't got those heavy hitting LB's today, and that makes JPP and Vernon's lighter weight at DE less tolerable.
                Well, we can't go by weight of players decades ago vs. what many of them are these days. And as much as many of us have praised JPP for rebounding after his accident, it is still a liability. He was supposed to wear a special glove, but then we see a club. The repetition of tackling is obviously irritating it, understandably. Whatever LBs our team gets, if they are called upon to bolster the 3 man front's weaknesses, you are just once again leaving the middle to be picked apart.
                With the new DC, they may very well go to the 3-4. I just think there's more issues than the LB unit for it to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  We have no control over what Dave G and FO are going to do like zeroooooooooooooo... I know this is useless information just trying to keep up with tagf... I can' wait for the woulda , coulda post draft season ...
                  That's kinda what I said the other day. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent. when youre taking over a broken team, all eyes on you...so yea
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.
                    We'll be going out for dinner tonight, since I first asked my wife out the day after Valentines. Was looking forward to the seafood place, but she wants Mexican. Eh, certainly cheaper. I made Chicken Marsala last night, which is one of my specialties. She wouldn't let me perform my other specialty after, though...

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

We'll be going out for dinner tonight, since I first asked my wife out the day after Valentines. Was looking forward to the seafood place, but she wants Mexican. Eh, certainly cheaper. I made Chicken Marsala last night, which is one of my specialties. She wouldn't let me perform my other specialty after, though...
                      Did the same. Tried duck for the first time, wasnt impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Agreed. Jpp and Vernon are good against the run. Playing that position in 3-4 is more of a two gap responsibility but I think they would both be fine. Snacks can play nose. But like you said the issue would be the linebackers. We need four decent ones. We dont have one imo.

Comment

• If you have ocd, play Cities: Skylines. Got it off Steam for 10 bucks.

Comment

If you have ocd, play Cities: Skylines. Got it off Steam for 10 bucks.
                            oh god no....
                            I have a hard enough time dealing with my anxieties playing Prison Architect lmao
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

oh god no....
                              I have a hard enough time dealing with my anxieties playing Prison Architect lmao
                              lol duuude, get it. It's like the old simcity but better. Way better

Comment

lol duuude, get it. It's like the old simcity but better. Way better
                                I'll keep it in mind.
                                Truth be told, I have a Steam Library of 223 games currently, so....I probably don't need to add to it....
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X