X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    its been awhile 8 puppies !! 10 days old one yellow in the bunch
    Awesome!!!
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

embarrassment?
      That was then... this is now.
      Hold your head high and feel good about who you are. If they don't like you, screw them. You don't live under the same roof when you go home at night. People who really care about you will find a way of forgiving and forgetting whatever crap happened in the past.
      We should only look down on people that we want to help get up.
      This funeral nobody will even know me, my new boss's mother died. I just do not handle myself well at funerals in general as I get really uncomfortable being there and everybody being all emotional and not knowing what to really talk about because you talk about dead person and people get more emotional, you talk about sports or work or news and it isn't the place, do you try to get to know somebody better but that isn't the place for that and I tend to do really odd things when I am uncomfortable. I am going to find a seat near other people so I don't stand out but not close enough to interact and count by sevens in my head until it is over. Hopefully I will manage to stay out of trouble and not do or say anything too terribly embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

No, just goofy from 16 hour days for 4 weeks now without a day off preparing tax returns. Better for me to make stupid jokes here all day than at the funeral I am going to tomorrow. I am not comfortable at funerals, when I am not comfortable I tend to act a bit giddy and goofy, doesn't work to well at funerals, so I tend not to go, can't get out of this one though, at least I'm not drinking anymore, that lead to a couple of incidents I'd rather forget. Luckily none of the people at them are speaking to me anymore, sooooooo....I only tend to think about those embarrassing moments when I am going to funerals, which really helps my comfort level.

So if you never hear from me again after tomorrow, its because I died of embarrassment.
        I know how you feel Jenn .. I see you as a person very in tune with yourself , understanding and conscious of your short comings .. Maybe a bit hard on yourself because of your past which your are very honest about IDk but.... You know what to do and how to act and you will be fine... Just breath it in its just lifes air full of emotions its ok ..........oh yeah behave yourself

Comment

• Jenn-
          In all seriousness, from someone who's been to 34 funerals in 47 years (yes, I checked)....all you have to do is walk up to the next of kin or your boss, and simply hold their hand and say "I am so sorry for your loss." Then give a sympathetic half smile and go sit in the back of the room. If anyone is outside shooting the breeze, go join them.
          You're done.
          Good luck and try to relax.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Man I had a craving for either fried clams or scallops the wife and I found a little take out.. And I settled on the scallop basket big scallops fries and a roll ..Done just right golden brown and man I'm am full right now !
            Last edited by byron; 02-22-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              Jenn-
              In all seriousness, from someone who's been to 34 funerals in 47 years (yes, I checked)....all you have to do is walk up to the next of kin or your boss, and simply hold their hand and say "I am so sorry for your loss." Then give a sympathetic half smile and go sit in the back of the room. If anyone is outside shooting the breeze, go join them.
              You're done.
              Any attempt to relax will have unfortunate results. Count by sevens, since I was little it has worked when I have had to sit still and be quiet for periods over 3 minutes. Or for really can't allow distraction I count down by sevens from 7,777,777 or some other counting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                Man I had a craving for either fried clams or scallops the wife and I found a little take out.. And I settled on the scallop basket big scallops fries and a roll ..Done just right golden brown and man I'm am full right now !
                You're killing me right now...it's 7 hours to Maine...
                "No...I didn't."

Comment

I think I could get to Kittery in about 2:45.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

sorry Joe them suckers were good tho ...dia of a 50 cent piece near 1 inch thick and just melted in my mouth ...and plenty of them at least a dozen 14.99 money well spent !!

I'm going after the clams tomorrow night !

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Am I torturing him?
                      God, I hope so.

Comment

Awesome!!!
                        Yeah, them pups are beautiful, B

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

God, I hope so.
                          I thought she was just really bad at flirting.

Comment

Jenn-
                            You're done.
                            This. You're thinking too much, I do the same thing. Throw in "if there is anything I can do, let me know", say a prayer at the coffin, sit down for a few mins, then go hang out outside.

Stop being so hard on yourself Jen. Everyone does or says stupid **** when they've had too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I thought she was just really bad at flirting.
                              Actually, I am very good at flirting and quite aggressive when I see somethi...one I want.

Comment

• and when you say "body wave" do you mean the worm? Did you do the worm in front of the coffin? Because that would be hilarious. Not for the family of course but you're never ever going to see them again so in a way it's like it never happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X