This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Whole Lotta Love...Greatest guitar solo of all time.
    love it.....one of my favorite songs, in general
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Most dire straits songs. Mark Knopfler is as good as it gets in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Whole Lotta Love...Greatest guitar solo of all time.
        It's definitely in the conversation....in fact, there's at least a dozen Page solos that could easily be on a list.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

The drum groove man.....the drum groove was ahead of it's time and to this day no one plays anything like that in rock.......playing the snare on the "and" of beat 4???? wooot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dT2YWMqw5A
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Most dire straits songs. Mark Knopfler is as good as it gets in my book.
            Totally underrated....his fingerstyle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPgmqBrJec
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Totally underrated....his fingerstyle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNPgmqBrJec
              Always wanted to see them live but never got the opportunity. I bet they are a good live act.

Comment

• Brian May - Good Company, insane
                Ritchie Blackmore - Lazy or Highway Star, love his sound
                Some SRV, Hendrix and Clapton of course, plus (fill in name here)
                Whole Lotta Love, man i had a buddy worked it out, so he taught it to us and I played that thing at one million times. Maybe more.

Comment

I like the concern for male issues but as man myself I can not take this seriously and would never complain about any of this lol

There is not a precieved value of girls over boys and there never has been lol. Look at the history of this country or society in general. Women have never been in an equal of more powerful position than men. When women advocate on behalf of their own issues they are never (unless you are looking at one specific bizzar-o outlier situation) trying to knock the issues that men face. Men are the standard in this country. Men are valued more, paid more, look at the wage gap. The economy is run by men, the government, the media, entertainment etc. Look the make up of the government, overwhelmingly male. Including committees designed to legislate womenís health.

Also boys arenít depressed because they are told they donít hold as much value as girls. They are depressed because the patriarchy tells them they have to be macho or strong or whatever and that they need to conceal their emotions. They are depressed because they have been told they are entitled to women and wealth and when they canít get jobs or a get rejected by women they donít know how to process it. Itís more a result of patriarchy and capitalism than women making minor strides towards equality. How are meníís behaviorís less acceptable than womenís? A lot of the time itís just ďboys being boyĒs. There is no equivalent for women to be honest. The actual biological process of giving birth, the fetus is apart of the womenís body. Attempts to legislate what a woman does with her fetus is about controlling woman most likely.

Testosterone is down in men more likely because our food is littered with chemicals and preservatives then some fake invented war against men lol.

Lastly if you look at every other country on earth with stricter gun regulations, gun violence is microscopic. There is an overwhelming amount of data on this. People who argue otherwise have either never researched this or have been significantly funded by the hillbillies at the NRA.
                  Whole lot of wrong in there, no time to go through it all. So a couple of highlights:
                  -Women's groups routinely shut down talks of men's health issues, whether it be protests and demonstrations or pulling fire alarms at the venues where they are held.
                  -If a man needs to register for selective service to vote, so should a woman. Or neither of them should have too.
                  -I am not advocating controlling a woman's choice about parenting, just saying men should have the same option to choose not to be a parent.
                  -Wage gap is utter garbage as it is presented. Any multi-variant analysis of the data shows this. The number they use is simply the average wage of all full time working women vs all full time working men without factoring different job choices, experience, time spent at work, etc...etc...etc...
                  -You'll have to look back in this thread to find the gun violence numbers because I'm not going through that whole list again. But guns are used to prevent crime significantly more than they are used to commit them, from the FBI. The parts of this country that have the strictest gun laws are Chicago and DC, two of the places with consistent the most gun crime. The two states with the loosest gun laws are Vermont and NH and they have the least amount of gun crime per capita and are among the states with the most guns per capita as well. Over 90% of gun crime are committed with guns obtained illegally, over 90% of mass shooting occur in gun free zones, areas where it is illegal to have a gun even if you have a license to do so. So tell me, how will new laws make criminals decide to stop breaking them and the law enforcement better at enforcing them? You keep hearing about "ban assault weapons" but assault weapons have been illegal since the 1980s.

For those who don't know assault rifles are defined as a selective fire weapon. The guns being called assault weapons by the media are simply semi-automatic rifles. So either the media is stupid, doesn't bother to research facts or is deliberately lying to you. Not sure which of those is worst.

Comment

Favorite Weird Al parody?

I gotta go with "Smells like Nirvana"......
                    So many it is hard to pick. There are the Beatles and Weird Al and then everyone else far behind them in greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Brian May - Good Company, insane
                      Ritchie Blackmore - Lazy or Highway Star, love his sound
                      Some SRV, Hendrix and Clapton of course, plus (fill in name here)
                      Whole Lotta Love, man i had a buddy worked it out, so he taught it to us and I played that thing at one million times. Maybe more.
                      Joe Walsh is an underrated guitarist imo.

Comment

That's another good one.....
                        Amish paradise was funny. I read somewhere he was in a lot of hot water with coolio after doing that song.

Comment

Amish paradise was funny. I read somewhere he was in a lot of hot water with coolio after doing that song.
                          I really enjoyed that one. The Amish must be upset too, they won't purchase any of his music.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I really enjoyed that one. The Amish must be upset too, they won't purchase any of his music.
                            Lol that was a layup for you

Comment

• Someday I am going to write my epic Eli post. There will be much rejoicing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                Someday I am going to write my epic Eli post. There will be much rejoicing.
                                On which side of the Eli fence?

Comment

Working...
                                X