This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I can tell by how lazy my coworkers are being at specific hours.

that's a lie...they're always lazy.
    LOl. I can tell you what time of the day it is by my digestive system.

Comment

• I'm sitting her watching The Professionals (for the 10th time) with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman, and the light went on in my head.....
      Jenn is Matilda at 12 years old.
      She turned from hand guns to knives later on to eliminate the noise factor, and to this day she is secretly a professional "Cleaner".
      Accountant is just smoke and mirrors..
      Be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
        I'm sitting her watching The Professionals (for the 10th time) with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman, and the light went on in my head.....
        She turned from hand guns to knives later on to eliminate the noise factor, and to this day she is secretly a professional "Cleaner".
        Be nice.
        What is your favorite movie Zim ?

Comment

I'm sitting her watching The Professionals (for the 10th time) with Jean Reno and Natalie Portman, and the light went on in my head.....
          Be nice.
          nope, self defense only. That is why they are stashed in places I can reach when someone attempts to bind my hands in the most common ways.

Comment

• 36D31CCA-5342-435D-B353-C1CBF8D65BD1.jpeg Happy Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

You said that you've played mandolin and other instruments, why not hook up with a more high and lonesome band?
              If country music was what I wanted to be doing, I would, JR. But this is just not the type of material I enjoy playing.

I'm just doing this one tomorrow night to cover for a friend, the regular guitarist in this band. Under other circumstances, I'd never play this stuff.

Meanwhile I guess I better go get a hat.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Most have heard of you though probably
                I'm sure that's true. I figure Jason Aldean is regularly recording his thoughts of me in his diary.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I'm sure that's true. I figure Jason Aldean is regularly recording his thoughts of me in his diary.
                  Lmao. I spit by beer out

Comment

What is your favorite movie Zim ?
                    probably 30 of them that i enjoy, over and over again. I have a real problem following a new movie or TV series because I sit here on my laptop going from GMB to games to FB to checking on work to selecting News I want to read. Continuously. My friend said I have adult ADD. I can't pay attention to the movie plot for more than 10 minutes. If it doesn't grab me quick I leave it on, but pay no attention to it.... so I put on movies I've enjoyed before... I already know the story and just look up to watch the best parts. I'll watch nature shows and game shows, and sports, because there is no plot to worry about if I don't pay attention for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

nope, self defense only. That is why they are stashed in places I can reach when someone attempts to bind my hands in the most common ways.
                      Of course, you're selective , and don't always choose to grab a knife to protect and free yourself.
                      Life is way more interesting when you take chances.

Comment

What is your favorite movie Joe ?
                        I'm glad you asked because I'm happy to share:

The Godfather
                        Rear Window
                        Star Wars (original)
                        Rocky 1 & 2
                        The Hustler
                        Jaws
                        Goodfellas
                        Raiders of the lost ark
                        It's a mad mad mad mad world
                        Back to the future
                        Aliens
                        A few good men
                        The sixth sense
                        The breakfast club
                        Airplane
                        Caddyshack
                        Spies like us
                        Coming to America
                        Old School
                        Wedding Crashers
                        Planes Trains and Automobiles
                        Predator
                        Silver Linings Playbook
                        The Horse Whisperer
                        Hunt for red October

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

I'm glad you asked because I'm happy to share:

The Godfather
                          Rear Window
                          Star Wars (original)
                          Rocky 1 & 2
                          The Hustler
                          Jaws
                          Goodfellas
                          Raiders of the lost ark
                          It's a mad mad mad mad world
                          Back to the future
                          Aliens
                          A few good men
                          The sixth sense
                          The breakfast club
                          Airplane
                          Caddyshack
                          Spies like us
                          Coming to America
                          Old School
                          Wedding Crashers
                          Planes Trains and Automobiles
                          Predator
                          Silver Linings Playbook
                          The Horse Whisperer
                          Hunt for red October

Wow... that's an outstanding selection... and I also agree with your narrowing selections... Aliens also my fav. I rarely watch the others. I was so disappointed in Alien because they created a monster and only showed snatches of it in the last scene. Rocky 1 and 2, agree... Predator only.
                          Rear Window with Stewart. Agree with your limitations to Star Wars original, Raiders, and Back to the Future.
                          I'll add LOTR, but not so much the Hobbit trilogy... and I prefer LOTR 1 and 3.
                          Glory
                          The Equalizer, also with Denzel.
                          The Replacements... I have a crush on Annabelle, the head cheerleader, and enjoy most of the football scenes.
                          Independence Day
                          Slum Lord Millionairre
                          Bladerunner
                          Sand Pebbles
                          Spartacus
                          Ben Hur
                          Sister Act
                          North by Northwest.
                          Many more, but my brain can't sort them out for now.... need to do some things. Later

Comment

I'll add LOTR, but not so much the Hobbit trilogy... and I prefer LOTR 1 and 3.

Those were amazing movies; probably the most well done of the genre that I can think of.

But: if I'm going to nitpick: they go on too long.....it's like having a 3 1/2 hour heart attack.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Yes... BUT... at least they were each based on a single book. The Hobbit was a single book, thinner than any of the LOTR books, and they squeezed 3 flicks out of it. THAT was way drawn out.
                              Yes, all three LOTR could have been shorter, but still, to me, they represent the single best story told in film, and the first two could have just as easuly gotten an Academy Award. The acting was excellent throughout... character development was great because of all the time they had... and New Zealand formed a primo backdrop.
                              I'll add Green Mile to the list. There are another dozen I'm forgetting... which reminds me of Dirty Dozen.

Comment

North by Northwest.

Pretty much any Hitchcock film.....outstanding.
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X