This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Eli didn't want to be a figurehead, or the "record guy"....he just wanted to be the player. If the coach didn't want him to play, then why would you even have him start?!?!?!!?
    Right.

The whole thing was a catastrophe to put the nail in the coffin for a disgusting season......worst Giants season I can remember since I started watching in 84.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Got a 3 day ban.
      Oh right! I remember now. It was an injustice that we all discussed here for probably two or three days straight. We were all very upset about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Oh right! I remember now. It was an injustice that we all discussed here for probably two or three days straight. We were all very upset about it.
        I was extremely upset.....

I'm often extremely upset about situations that I never knew happened.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You don't get it. He doesn't get to decide. He has a losing record. 10 games under .500 over the last 6 years. He was 2-9 with his team at that point. You can't stand on your laurels forever. 6 years is a friggin long time. At that point..NO ONE'S job should be safe.
          A record of 10 games under .500 for six years? QB's are paid to win.
          He SHOULD have been benched. he went down with the team. He was just as bad as everyone else.
          You know what was funny in all this though?

I actually felt bad for Geno; I felt like he was put in an awkward position, but he did handle it very well.....he was very respectful towards Eli.

But then the guy gives his post game presser and craps all over Rex Ryan for no reason.....LOL!

I stopped feeling bad for him then.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I know and next time you all don't have to send a fruit basket.....mainly because I'm allergic to pineapple.
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Right.

The whole thing was a catastrophe to put the nail in the coffin for a disgusting season......worst Giants season I can remember since I started watching in 84.
              It doesn't bother anyone that the team has been lousy for 6 years? That two HC's and several coordinators were fired during that time......and the "leader" of the team keeps his job.
              And he kept it by crying to the owner. How much losing is enough? When will Eli Manning be held accountable with you people?
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yes, but honestly a rookie QB who's rarely worked with the 1rst teamers or gotten many preseason snaps would be best brought in later in his first regular season game - unless of course no one else is available to start. Obviously McAdoo was a Geno fan, but Eli also might have also complicated things by not agreeing with the initial plan.
                Either way, it certainly made the decisions harder on our team's current staff.
                Mcadoo’s inexperience killed him. I think he actually believed that Smith was a proxy for Rodgers and that all he needed was a Rodgers to plug in and everything would just work. Just like it did in the past in GB.

Comment

It doesn't bother anyone that the team has been lousy for 6 years? That two HC's and several coordinators were fired during that time......and the "leader" of the team keeps his job.
                  And he kept it by crying to the owner. How much losing is enough? When will Eli Manning be held accountable with you people?
                  JUST ONCE I want you to say that this organization has done **** all to give us a winning team in the last 6 years. Why you think that falls on ONE player is just as insanely delusional as the rest of your awful POVs. few pages back I listed reasons why in JUST THIS PAST SEASON this team was doomed. No depth. lost all our WRs, zero run game. worst OL in the NFL multiple years in a row.....and those are just the ones I thought of on the fly.

I'm embarrassed much more by things that AREN'T Eli Manning related.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

He IS accountable for HIS playing as far as I'm concerned. Do you know how many tv's I've thrown out the window when he throws the ball right into the hands of a defender??? (Not really, but close)....

He is a big boy and has been criticized for every mistake he's made....probably moreso than any other QB I can think of....and why? Because people expect him to be "SB MVP ELI" every game....I know that's unreasonable and yeah his playing has declined since then.

That being said who did you want here the Giants could've gotten in the last 6 years as QB?
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

JUST ONCE I want you to say that this organization has done **** all to give us a winning team in the last 6 years. Why you think that falls on ONE player is just as insanely delusional as the rest of your awful POVs. few pages back I listed reasons why in JUST THIS PAST SEASON this team was doomed. No depth. lost all our WRs, zero run game. worst OL in the NFL multiple years in a row.....and those are just the ones I thought of on the fly.

I'm embarrassed much more by things that AREN'T Eli Manning related.
                      It doesn't fall on one player. but he IS the QB. He plays the most important position on the team. Franchise QB's don't lose that badly over a 6 year period. i don't care if he has crap around him.
                      He is an average to below average QB at this point. His career is near an end. If you give him great WR's, a great running game and a great O line...I'm sure he could function....just as any back up NFL QB could.
                      So if we want to succeed next year...we better have great play around him...because Eli can't win without it anymore.

Comment

"Stevey" sucked as a coach. His resume is all time bad. I doubt any NFL coach in the last 10 years would have such a poor record.

Geno started because he was the #2. Webb was going to get PT after that. I get that Eli cried his way back to the starting lineup and all the mob hysteria didn't hurt his cause either.
                        But that hurt this football team. His crying with John Mara and Mara's cowardice...HURT our football team.

I'm PO'd at Eli for that horse ****. He decided he wasn't going to play under the conditions the coach handed him. He was friggin 2-9 for God's sake. If you want to keep playing then friggin play better.

Now we will have at least another ****ing season of this BS drama.

Mismanagement and incompetence hurt the team, not the QB.

As far as I’m concerned, Mcadoo built that trap and then died in it. That’s his problem. He could have simply made the decision to sit Manning but he, you, me and everyone else that cares, knows he never had the authority to do that. And his plan as disclosed to ownership was moronic. It’s funny how fans twist Manning’s calling of Mcadoo’s bluff. Mcadoo played himself and lost.

Comment

That being said who did you want here the Giants could've gotten in the last 6 years as QB?
                          We've never had a good enough pick to draft a stud first rounder that MH wants.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Mismanagement and incompetence hurt the team, not the QB.

As far as I’m concerned, Mcadoo built that trap and then died in it. That’s his problem. He could have simply made the decision to sit Manning but he, you, me and everyone else that cares, knows he never had the authority to do that. And his plan as disclosed to ownership was moronic. It’s funny how fans twist Manning’s calling of Mcadoo’s bluff. Mcadoo played himself and lost.
                            You're right... Eli is the victim. That's the reason for the tears. It's not fair.

Comment

We've never had a good enough pick to draft a stud first rounder that MH wants.
                              Exactly.....but let's excuse the useless crap that surrounded him......smh.
                              "No...I didn't."

Comment

Franchise QB's are worth at least 4 to 6 wins by themselves. They pick up a team. They limit mistakes. Eli's play is directly related to the team around him. He can't lift anyone up. He's not very good anymore. He often threw the ball at WR's feet with no one near him. He fails constantly to lead guys going across the middle. Always makes them slow down or reach back for the ball.
                                And don't get me started about going down without being touched. That is plain embarrassing.

But the Cultists see what they want. Like in Sixth Sense.

Oh boy, we’ve clearly entered fantasy land unless the words “Franchise QBs” above actually means Aaron Rodgers and maybe Brady and/or Wilson.

There is is simply no support whatsoever for the idea that a franchise QB is worth 4-6 wins by himself. Absolutely none.

Comment

Working...
                                X