This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You seem to be fixated on previous drafts as if I am suggesting we should have drafted a QB high. I'm not.

I AM suggesting that we need to take advantage of the #2 pick to draft the heir apparent this season. Unless they really think that guy is Davis Webb.

It seems, given their comments, that they don't.
    It would be an ideal scenario if somehow they could evaluate Webb in training camp enough to decide if he's capable of being a starter one day. I know that's almost impossible, but if so he'd then have 2 years being mentored by Eli, plus a year to work with Shurmur.

If that was to be the case, the Giants could then trade back and restock a bunch of positions....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

It would be an ideal scenario if somehow they could evaluate Webb in training camp enough to decide if he's capable of being a starter one day. I know that's almost impossible, but if so he'd then have 2 years being mentored by Eli, plus a year to work with Shurmur.

If that was to be the case, the Giants could then trade back and restock a bunch of positions....
      well they certainly have a better opportunity to evaluate Webb pre draft than they do any of these draft picks ... Also seems like since he's been with the team near a year somebody in house should have some clue about him and what he can do .. End of the day they are going to do what they're gonna do what we think won't change that ... Some will be happy some won't ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You seem to be fixated on previous drafts as if I am suggesting we should have drafted a QB high. I'm not.

I AM suggesting that we need to take advantage of the #2 pick to draft the heir apparent this season. Unless they really think that guy is Davis Webb.

It seems, given their comments, that they don't.
        The only logical reason not to take a QB is if there isn't one at #2 that you feel has the ability to be a franchise guy. Love Eli, but you don't get a lot of chances to get a QB this high and its not like he has 5 years left, he's got two max and 2 years is not too long to sit a young QB. And if the young QB proves better than Eli before the 2 years are up, Eli sits. You don't hold on to a starting QB job, you earn it on every snap.

Comment

• They should ask Webb in to "work" with these 4 kids at their private workouts, get a good idea of comparing where he stands today in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
            They should ask Webb in to "work" with these 4 kids at their private workouts, get a good idea of comparing where he stands today in comparison.
            While this sounds like a reasonable idea, it is totally inappropriate. He's been a good soldier so far, why put him through this "humiliation".

Comment

• Im really liking Nelson at the mo.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3Um_aHdMk
                2:14
                How does he even pick that up? Great play.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  End of the day they are going to do what they're gonna do what we think won't change that ... Some will be happy some won't ...

Morehead should lock up any sharp objects he has in his house the day before just in case they don't draft a QB.

Just sayin.....

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3Um_aHdMk
                    Yeah that guy's got some eyes
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

nobody to block so he started looking for someone good stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Morehead should lock up any sharp objects he has in his house the day before just in case they don't draft a QB.

Just sayin.....
                        Its going to be a blood bath. I can't wait.

Comment

Im really liking Nelson at the mo.
                          The bully kid from the Simpsons? I can only aspire to be that cool.

Comment

Yeah... he's really good. My choice would also be to trade down and get Nelson, but the best opportunity might have been with the Jets, and that option seems gone. Right now, the Bears look to be the likely ones to choose Nelson. But, I don't see Denver, Indy, or TB at 5,6,and 7 needing to trade up to our spot to get a man they need and give us a spot before the Bears.
                            If you won't use a #2 on Nelson, then you've got to take a QB or Chubb or Barkley, and Nelson will be gone..

Comment

You're full of ****.
                              uhh, dude? I was defending you lol
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

The only logical reason not to take a QB is if there isn't one at #2 that you feel has the ability to be a franchise guy. Love Eli, but you don't get a lot of chances to get a QB this high and its not like he has 5 years left, he's got two max and 2 years is not too long to sit a young QB. And if the young QB proves better than Eli before the 2 years are up, Eli sits. You don't hold on to a starting QB job, you earn it on every snap.
                                this is all true EXCEPT that getting a QB with the 2 pick doesn't guarantee anything. there are plenty of players that were mediocre at best taken that high.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X