This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No sir. I'm just going to assume they think Davis Webb is the heir apparent.
    I can rationalize with the best of them.
    Ok.
    In 3 weeks I'm coming back to this post.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Ok.
      In 3 weeks I'm coming back to this post.
      It means a lot that I'm so important to you.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

It means a lot that I'm so important to you.
        The great part is: you think I'm some Eli lover who never wants him to leave and he's done no wrong and I would hate the Giants to take a QB this draft.

I actually will be happy with whoever they take because I believe Gettleman and Shurmur know oh I dunno maybe a billion times more about these players than you or I.

You however, have been on a QB crusade since last November. If they don't take one I honestly believe you'll cry.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

The great part is: you think I'm some Eli lover who never wants him to leave and he's done no wrong and I would hate the Giants to take a QB this draft.

I actually will be happy with whoever they take because I believe Gettleman and Shurmur know oh I dunno maybe a billion times more about these players than you or I.

You however, have been on a QB crusade since last November. If they don't take one I honestly believe you'll cry.
          last November? how about November 2008....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

last November? how about November 2008....
            It wouldn't surprise me.
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

No sir. I'm just going to assume they think Davis Webb is the heir apparent.
              I can rationalize with the best of them.

Comment

• LOL
                "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post

I thought I read the Webb worked the scout team or whatever they call it to simulate last years opponents ? I realize the new coach hasn't seen much but somebody in the building must have some Idea about Webb ? There has to be some film ? And they have some time yet to talk to work him out and what not .. To me its seems like they are in a better position to figure out / understand what Webbs got than do with any of these rooks... just saying
                  I have read a few remarks from other Giant players, that saw Webb everyday run the scout team, that the kid has a great arm, good mobility, and is smart.
                  He played his senior year at Cal. Some thought he could possibly go in the first round, but he lasted to the 3rd.
                  Maybe something there? We know as much about him as any of this years senior QB's in the draft as far as being a solid NFL QB... Nothing.
                  But, he's 6'5" and has the tools
                  Last edited by zimonami; 04-06-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

I have read a few remarks from other Giant players, that saw Webb everyday run the scout team, that the kid has a great arm, good mobility, and is smart.
                    He played his senior year at Cal. Some thought he could possibly go in the first round, but he lasted to the 3rd.
                    Maybe something there? We know as much about him as any of this years senior QB's in the draft as far as being a solid NFL QB... Nothing.
                    But, he's 6'5" and has the tools
                    I guess this is what I'm saying the giants know as much at the very least .. But really should know more about Webb at this point since they've worked with him for a year ... Which is part of the process to evaluate and get him NFL ready ... If he sucks " meaning he hasn't shown good progress learning the essentials to get himself a shot at Nfl live bullet play .. they should know that by now or at least have an idea... And they still have time before the draft to decide he's got what it takes... Some thing they don't have the benefit of with these rooks... If they take a QB in my mind they don't think Webb got it ... any way we are pretty much on the same page Zim being a solid nfl QB is a prove deal and in that light they are on equal ground ... sorry if this is a mess ...

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      I guess this is what I'm saying the giants know as much at the very least .. But really should know more about Webb at this point since they've worked with him for a year ... Which is part of the process to evaluate and get him NFL ready ... If he sucks " meaning he hasn't shown good progress learning the essentials to get himself a shot at Nfl live bullet play .. they should know that by now or at least have an idea... And they still have time before the draft to decide he's got what it takes... Some thing they don't have the benefit of with these rooks... If they take a QB in my mind they don't think Webb got it ... any way we are pretty much on the same page Zim being a solid nfl QB is a prove deal and in that light they are on equal ground ... sorry if this is a mess ...
                      I'm sure they know a whole lot more than we think. We'll find out what they think of Webb on draft day. He's either endorsed, or not. I am hoping that he WILL be the man, because that means we can work on building the rest of the team with that #2 chip in the pot We talk about QB vs. Barkley, vs Nelson, vs. Chubb. Hell, I want them ALL. One thought I've had... if Webb can be that man, and they trade ODB for some nice 1st round value, we can go a long way towards rebuilding the trenches on both sides of the ball. As part of my day dream I have Gallman being so much better behind that improved OLine, so Barkley is not that imperative, either. Then, get me Nelson, and an impact DL and LB, and will have to use a 2nd round pick for a decent WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

"Decent", meaning somewhat drinkable?
                        They are all drinkable, some just better than others. Iíve been on a big IPA/craft beer kick lately.

Comment

Yea I've had a few. I like their Brooklyn Blast when I'm in an IPA mood.
                          That one wasnít bad. I liked their winter Ale.

Comment

Some good restaurants there. The campus is down the road from me. I've heard they've opened a Brooklyn Brewery somewhere in there.
                            They do. I'm trying to convince my son to declare as a brewmaster. He's not going for it.

I should cut off his tuition.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              back up QB, best job in the NFL

Zero expectations
                              Zero responsibility
                              You never get hit
                              Salary averaging $2 mill a season
                              Plus you're everybody's favorite player. Until you have to actually play.

For the record I agree with MH and Jenn. If the FO believes any of those QBs is the guy you have to take him. You don't want nor expect to be drafting at #2 for a long time.

Manning may have another year or two in him. He may also have none.
                              Last edited by Sarcasman; 04-06-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Plus you're everybody's favorite player. Until you have to actually play.

For the record I agree with MH and Jenn. If the FO believes any of those QBs is the guy you have to take him. You don't want nor expect to be drafting at #2 for a long time.

Manning may have another year or two in him. He may also have none.
                                I don't disagree with anything your saying here ... Where do you have Webb in this ? I assume if the FO thinks he's the guy you would be all right with that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X