This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I have a blue tooth one that I can call the cell phone its linked to to set off as a ringer or text alert. Much fun, particularly when she is unable to get to her phone right away.
    I love smart technology.

What will they come up with next?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Yea until ya getting plowed by someone named *****.
      You can always take the 6 route after trial. It's all about giving yourself more options.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hey Zim, I was thinking about it. Does beet juice work for your gall bladder? Or a natural supplement?
        sigpic

Comment

• I eat beets every day now. Started to get occasional pain in the gall bladder many years ago, whenever I took an Ibuprofren.. In the last 2 years the frequency increased... Just twinges for a minute, and then it would go away. Then I started to get them every 2-3 weeks and did some research... beets. So over the last 6-8 months the frequency increased and I'd forget to eat the beets (regular or pickled) to the point where I just eat some every day. If I forget for 2 days I get the twinges. When I had my last procedure to rule out other things (there's no test for a bad gall bladder, so they do three different procedures to rule out other things) I told the doctor about eating the beets every day and having success and the anesthesiologist looked at him and said, "Beets?" He said in a low voice, "I take a beet extract pill every day." (He can't say, "Eat Beets" because it's not an FDA protocol). So, beets, unless you can find a beet extract pill.
          I drink the beet juice, too, but don't know if beet juice alone will work. I buy the store brand in a can or a jar.
          One $0.65 can will last me three days.
          Last edited by zimonami; 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• God bless ya. I hate beets.

They taste like dirt to me.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Better movie question. If someone were to torture you by locking you in a room and playing the same movie on constant loop with no ability to turn it off or down. What movie would torture you the most?
              Before my wife got herself a tablet to occupy herself, this was status quo every single night, for 20 years. Usually Castaway or Dead Poets Society. Now the TV is on to whatever, and neither one of us knows what it's on to.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

This is me and my wife trying to order dinner in a restaurant.
                I just love going over every places' menu with my wife, trying to suggest something she should enjoy, telling her to get whatever she wants... and she just orders Quesadillas and comments on how they're " not so thrilling" after one bite.

Comment

Are knives legal to carry around?
                  What if you just came from Bed and Bath, and have a new kitchen knife in the bag - what are they going to do?

I still don't understand how brass knuckles are illegal, how is that different than having 4 heavy rings on your fingers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    God bless ya. I hate beets.

Try washing them first.
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      God bless ya. I hate beets.

Get the pickled beets. Much easier to like. As a kid I hated beets, bu tliked pickled.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

It's a compliment. Too girly can be annoying.
                        Too masculine is worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

Get the pickled beets. Much easier to like. As a kid I hated beets, bu tliked pickled.
                          Just did food shopping and after reading this this morning I picked up a can of beets and a package of cooked beets.

Will be doing a taste test this evening.

Everybody calm down; of course I'll let you know the results.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Just did food shopping and after reading this this morning I picked up a can of beets and a package of cooked beets.

I'm waiting with bated breath....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Red **** tonight, red **** tonight
                              Uh-ooohhh, ohohoho-ohohohhhhh
                              Should have taken warning, it should be cleared up by morning
                              Something's taken over, better watch where you're aiming
                              Uh-ooohhh, ohohoho-ohohohhhhh

Comment

Try washing them first.
                                You might be on to something.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X