Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the game on NESN actually. They were calling for the Austin slide to be ruled a double play lol. Bad job by Boston blast night. They looked *****y

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Stop it lol. You played baseball from the time you were in grade school through college correct ? You know damn well that was at worst a good hard slide. The Sox handled that poorly. Then it took Kelly 3 pitches to hit Austin. What a joke
      You slide spikes up and spike the infielder...you're going to get plunked. His spikes were up. almost knee level.
      It was intentional. which is fine. But you ARE going to see retaliation.

That's just baseball.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

He slid spikes up. Come on.
        Just because you're a Yankee fan doesn't make you blind. Happened last year to Pedroia and he hasn't been the same since.

Sox take that **** very seriously. If the umps had called it then it probably would have been over right there. But pitchers have to defend their players.
        They threw at him twice. Once was enough.

Comment

• He clipped him with his spike. I don't think it was intentional and frankly could have been left right there. Especially since it looked like he had plastic spikes and there was no rip or cut.

If a couple of Yankess and Red Sox end up getting plunked because of it, that's just baseball. It wasn't a real dirty slide but he definitely caught the 2nd baseman's calf with his foot. I thought the two of them could have and should have settled it themselves but once the benches move, it becomes a whole thing.
          sigpic

Comment

You slide spikes up and spike the infielder...you're going to get plunked. His spikes were up. almost knee level.

That's just baseball.
            Holt should have handled it then and there but be didnít. I will give Kelly credit he had Holtís back. Also Holt didnít leave him hanging during the altercation like Pedroia did last year when they threw at Machado because of him. Wasnít Pedroia yelling from the dugout ďI didnít tell him to throw at youĒ. Way to back your teammate Dustin.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Fell for it hook, line, and sinker......
              Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Comment

That's just baseball.
                No it isn't. That is whiny children throwing a tantrum. Baseball is what they are supposed to be playing.

Comment

• WTF is up with Cashman's ear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_lULj6v804

5:22
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

That's just baseball.
                    I agree with all that except that was not a dirty slide. Anyway whatís up with Price? He must be getting killed in Boston today by the fans and talk shows.

Comment

• Unfortunately the yanks are not even the best team in New York right now. The Mets have the starting pitching if they stay healthy, they can be scary good imo.

Comment

That's just baseball.
                        Wouldn't you say there is a big difference between (metal) spikes and (plastic) cleats? Not sure of the MLB rules these days, but it's obvious almost all of the players are wearing cleats. Now, if a player being slid into isn't sure whether he's been spiked or cleated, I could certainly see where he would be angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

I agree with all that except that was not a dirty slide. Anyway whatís up with Price? He must be getting killed in Boston today by the fans and talk shows.
                          He had numbness in his left hand. Seems to be fine now. Don't know what caused it. Before that he had gone almost 30 innings without giving up a run.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

He had numbness in his left hand. Seems to be fine now. Don't know what caused it. Before that he had gone almost 30 innings without giving up a run.
                            He has looked good early which worries me as a Yankee fan. The Sox have better starting pitching and a bullpen as good. If Price pitches like the Price of old, that will go a long way.
                            Last edited by R2Z2; 04-13-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Look at you guys....talking about whos good and whos not like it's outside the 2nd week of the season lol.....awful
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Look at you guys....talking about whos good and whos not like it's outside the 2nd week of the season lol.....awful
                                Better than golf.

Comment

Working...
                                X