Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are always many sides to a story, and many factors with influence. The news people extract the facts that support their case, and ignore any factors that do not. So, they continue to paint one biased side to everything, and that is down party lines these days.
    We choose to ignore anything that clouds our own premises/beliefs. Because Trump is such a polarizing person, and because he never thinks before he opens his mouth, he constantly provides fodder to his detractors. There are days when significant issues, like employment levels, should be reported, but they will choose, instead, to concentrate on some idiotic statement that Trump made, and then make that the story... and simply ignore other issues that are worthy of reporting, but which are not stimulating to one or the other side of people's emotions. LIberals do not like to hear that employment is increasing, so they ignore those stats in their reports. The stations with Conservative agendas will ignore the new tax breaks that go to large Corps, and concentrate on some other element that is beneficial to their agenda.
    They all want to stir the pot, and make you want to come back to them so they can continue to feed and ignite your temper with more stupid things the President has said. Our country has never been this stratified on political views.

Comment

• We need to focus on important issues folks.....

for example; what is your wedding beverage of choice, and why is it gin & tonic?
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        We need to focus on important issues folks.....

for example; what is your wedding beverage of choice, and why is it gin & tonic?
        Because after about 12 of them I can actually stomach the goddamn speeches that preface the toasts.......what happened to one person making one brief toast???
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          There are always many sides to a story, and many factors with influence. The news people extract the facts that support their case, and ignore any factors that do not. So, they continue to paint one biased side to everything, and that is down party lines these days.
          We choose to ignore anything that clouds our own premises/beliefs. Because Trump is such a polarizing person, and because he never thinks before he opens his mouth, he constantly provides fodder to his detractors. There are days when significant issues, like employment levels, should be reported, but they will choose, instead, to concentrate on some idiotic statement that Trump made, and then make that the story... and simply ignore other issues that are worthy of reporting, but which are not stimulating to one or the other side of people's emotions. LIberals do not like to hear that employment is increasing, so they ignore those stats in their reports. The stations with Conservative agendas will ignore the new tax breaks that go to large Corps, and concentrate on some other element that is beneficial to their agenda.
          They all want to stir the pot, and make you want to come back to them so they can continue to feed and ignite your temper with more stupid things the President has said. Our country has never been this stratified on political views.
          What is funny is the forces that hate Trump so much are the ones that created him. The manner in which they report on him only strenghtens his chances of being re-elected. By focusing on the dumb stuff like tweets, the people who already won't vote for him get riled up and the people who are on the fence or support hi are tuning it out. Then they are unaware of any real problems that might exist in his first term. So the way I see it is the leftist portion of the media are either Trump supporters or just incredibly stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Because after about 12 of them I can actually stomach the goddamn speeches that preface the toasts.......what happened to one person making one brief toast???
            Best man, maid of honor, DONE....I don't need to see this girl's dad crying for 45 mins.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Vodka and unsweetened iced tea.

Comment

hmm....

And that was most likely still not the finish lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

And that was most likely still not the finish lol.
                  lol, it was probably the opening sequence.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

In the tougher cuts of beef, there is usually a lot of connective tissue that might not seem appetizing, but can used to your advantage at the lower temperatures. You want these to break down to gelatin or liquid slowly, so they add flavor and retain the moisture. Most people buy cuts that look good as far as being lean throughout and not having ugly fat and tendons that they assume will be unedible after cooking - but with a properly done brisket you can enjoy every bit of it.
                    THanks for the tips. You obviously do a lot of smoking

Comment

At the time (1967... wow), it was rum and coke.

Comment

Vodka and unsweetened iced tea.
                        would a venue bar have iced tea? lol
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol I didn't necessarily mean YOUR wedding lol.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

There are always many sides to a story, and many factors with influence. The news people extract the facts that support their case, and ignore any factors that do not. So, they continue to paint one biased side to everything, and that is down party lines these days.
                            But they do that because it's what their audience wants to hear. Trump haters want more reasons to hate Trump. Trump worshipers want more reasons to worship Trump.
                            They want to be affirmed. That's what keeps them tuning in. These three networks aren't appealing to the general population. They are appealing to about 15 million or so viewers every night between the three networks. That's less than 5% of the population.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

1967....... The Impossible Dream Red Sox.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You obviously do a lot of smoking
                                Oh he sure does.

He says it's for the chronic pain in his hip though.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                                "No...I didn't."
                                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X