X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching a MASH rerun marathon.
    Beyond fantastic.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I usually use my Dutch Oven for Brisket, and cook it in liquid and onions as if it were a pot roast. I'd imagine for a smoker, you want a fatty cut to start with, keep it horizontal (if possible) with the fat cap on top, maybe wrap it loosely in foil and have a water pan on top of the chips/charcoal. And of course, cook it at very low temp (200*-220 * F) for a long period of time (6-8 hrs).
      Spot on. Don't go over 225 on the heat.

You want it to cook very slowly.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Oh he sure does.

He says it's for the chronic pain in his hip though.
        Zing!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

lol... it is a great memory for me.... it means nothing to anyone on GMB... but, just figured I'd throw it out there to remind people who the ancient mariner is on here. Hell, that might be before even your parents were born.
          I am of course too young to remember anything from 1967 but I think it's the year Morehead starting becoming crotchety.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I am of course too young to remember anything from 1967 but I think it's the year Morehead starting becoming crotchety.
            LMAO!
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I know we've talked about it before, but.....Dez Bryant is an adequate WR. he's not elite, he's not great, and he's not even that good. He's just adequate.
              Just when I was going to start a thread in TAGF saying we should bring Dez on board, and let the Cowboys have Beckham for a 6th round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Spot on. Don't go over 225 on the heat.

You want it to cook very slowly.
                And for those who want to do slow cooking, but really don't want to actually do it - they now make Bluetooth thermometers.

Comment

• I actually broke down yesterday and put about 6 posters on my ignore list. First time I ever did. I simply just cannot stand anything they post and they post everywhere and it's unbearable.

Of course, after spending some time doing that, the ignore list function does not work.
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Just when I was going to start a thread in TAGF saying we should bring Dez on board, and let the Cowboys have Beckham for a 6th round pick.
                    lol, well I'm glad I could shed some light on the situation....
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I actually broke down yesterday and put about 6 posters on my ignore list. First time I ever did. I simply just cannot stand anything they post and they post everywhere and it's unbearable.

Of course, after spending some time doing that, the ignore list function does not work.
                      I tried that function but it kind of messes up the flow of a thread if you are trying to follow it. It can be hard but just ignoring them by not reading their posts if you can help it, works best imo.

Comment

I actually broke down yesterday and put about 6 posters on my ignore list. First time I ever did. I simply just cannot stand anything they post and they post everywhere and it's unbearable.

They should have a selection of default ignore lists available, to save time for us. There could be one for racists, trolls, jock sniffers, ignoramuses, people who watch MASH marathons...

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

lol, well I'm glad I could shed some light on the situation....
                          I might still do it, could be fun. Is he still available - I heard revenge is his big priority, now.

Comment

• 8F034889-A14F-4279-902F-D711F91D7329.jpeg
                            Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

And for those who want to do slow cooking, but really don't want to actually do it - they now make Bluetooth thermometers.
                            Thatís a cool thing to have. Especially if you have stuff to do that day. I ended up making this. Took it off, cut it up, and combined it with ham, Swiss, mustard, and pickles and made something like a Cuban sandwich.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                              8F034889-A14F-4279-902F-D711F91D7329.jpeg

Thatís a cool thing to have. Especially if you have stuff to do that day. I ended up making this. Took it off, cut it up, and combined it with ham, Swiss, mustard, and pickles and made something like a Cuban sandwich.
                              Do I see 226* F on that thing!?!?!?

Comment

• Yea I know lol. I took it of and wrapped it, then cooked it in the oven for an hour at 300.

Comment

Working...
                                X