Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

    people who watch MASH marathons...


    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post





      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Had thoughts about getting my wife a new rack type stereo system, but it seems the equipment I remember drooling over hardly exists anymore. So at my friend's advice, I just went with a decent soundbar and subwoofer with Bluetooth. Now she can play music off of her tablet, without getting up. Seems adequate, for us, and claims to have 100 watts. If not, it will be a major upgrade for when we finally get a flatscreen for the Living Room.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
          Had thoughts about getting my wife a new rack

          Careful; I heard those things can leak if not done properly.

          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post


            Careful; I heard those things can leak if not done properly.
            LOLOLOL, yeah - but keep in mind that I also mentioned "it seems the equipment I remember drooling over hardly exists anymore".

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Had thoughts about getting my wife a new rack type stereo system, but it seems the equipment I remember drooling over hardly exists anymore. So at my friend's advice, I just went with a decent soundbar and subwoofer with Bluetooth. Now she can play music off of her tablet, without getting up. Seems adequate, for us, and claims to have 100 watts. If not, it will be a major upgrade for when we finally get a flatscreen for the Living Room.
              oh, the equipment definitely exists still.....but you'll have to take out a ****ing home equity loan to buy it....(lol slightly sarcastic).
              integrated receivers/amps will run you (for a good one) about 400-500....and depending on what kinds of speakers you want, THAT'S where the cost goes nuts. Tower speakers can be upwards of $1000 each. If you want full digital surround sound if you watch movies, plan on spending $500-1000 on the additional speakers.
              I used to love this stuff. my first job was selling audio equip.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Well I see we have new faces here, nice..

                Giants fan since the early 80s

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                  Well I see we have new faces here, nice..
                  Yes, we've replaced you with younger, sexier participants. lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    Had thoughts about getting my wife a new rack. I remember drooling over my friend's major upgrade.
                    reading between the lines..........

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                      Yes, we've replaced you with younger, sexier participants. lol
                      Iím in my prime! Lol

                      Giants fan since the early 80s

                      Comment


                      • BE884EE6-CC5C-48E8-8340-CCFF7BB78500.gif
                        Originally posted by ny06 View Post

                        Iím in my prime! Lol

                        Comment


                        • Has anyone been to the new Yankee stadium? If so how was it?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

                            oh, the equipment definitely exists still.....but you'll have to take out a ****ing home equity loan to buy it....(lol slightly sarcastic).
                            integrated receivers/amps will run you (for a good one) about 400-500....and depending on what kinds of speakers you want, THAT'S where the cost goes nuts. Tower speakers can be upwards of $1000 each. If you want full digital surround sound if you watch movies, plan on spending $500-1000 on the additional speakers.
                            I used to love this stuff. my first job was selling audio equip.
                            Yeah, no way I'm spending like that in our situation. And the receivers I looked at that had Bluetooth don't even have an input for a turntable. I still have my original JVC receiver and functioning Pioneer speakers in the basement - that's adequate.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                              reading between the lines..........
                              If I had a female friend, do you suppose she would show me her rack? I don't know, I just can't envision having a female "just friend".

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                                Has anyone been to the new Yankee stadium? If so how was it?
                                Yes. It's one of the better stadiums I've ever been to because it has a full view access everywhere in the stadiums. There are no tunnels or walls like the old stadium. So unless you're going up ramps to different levels, you can see the field, even from a concession line. it's very open in that respect. other than that, nothing too special, other than the exterior.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X