This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
    Has anyone been to the new Yankee stadium? If so how was it?
    The last time was at Yankee stadium was the old, old stadium. Before the 1974 renovation.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

$$$$$$$$
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Mehhh. The museums cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Yeah, no way I'm spending like that in our situation. And the receivers I looked at that had Bluetooth don't even have an input for a turntable. I still have my original JVC receiver and functioning Pioneer speakers in the basement - that's adequate.
          does the turntable have a normal stereo output? like w/r RCA jacks? that's all it should really need.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

The last time was at Yankee stadium was the old, old stadium. Before the 1974 renovation.
            they modeled the new exterior after the original 1923 stadium. I hated the post '76 exterior. But yes, I always liked the look of the original stadium before they put up all the monster LED scoreboards, and LCD screens above the bleacher seats. But tiering the mezzanine and grandstand was a great change to the old-old stadium. Before that it looked like the old Tiger Stadium which was a ****ing dump that opened in the 1880s or something.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

they modeled the new exterior after the original 1923 stadium. I hated the post '76 exterior. But yes, I always liked the look of the original stadium before they put up all the monster LED scoreboards, and LCD screens above the bleacher seats. But tiering the mezzanine and grandstand was a great change to the old-old stadium. Before that it looked like the old Tiger Stadium which was a ****ing dump that opened in the 1880s or something.
              For some reason I always thought old tiger stadium was awesome. It had the upper deck going around the entire outfield which was cool imo.

Comment

The old stadium was a dump. The last time was was there was the summer of 1969.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

For some reason I always thought old tiger stadium was awesome. It had the upper deck going around the entire outfield which was cool imo.
                  Yea, because it only seated like 2000 lol. that was the only way to increase it. it is a unique look I suppose.
                  That's kinda why I like how Rogers Centre looks in the outfield with the upper deck, and then all those weird ****ing windows above it.

Arlington Park(where the Rangers play) has a similar look behind their bleachers.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying otherwise, I just think it had a more classic look.
                    I didn't really care for the '76-'08 stadium. it was so ****ing cramped. I hate how you had to walk almost onto River Av to get to bathrooms or concessions, all of which were behind 400 ft walls, so you couldn't even be NEAR the game.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Hey thanks for that tip about using the 4 wood off the tee to draw. I did that twice where it applied this weekend and it worked. I didnít get close to the distance I was looking for but I hit my fairways, which was an issue on these two holes in the past. I shaved a stroke off of each of the two holes by doing that.

Comment

• I miss old Giants stadium so much.......
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, because it only seated like 2000 lol. that was the only way to increase it. it is a unique look I suppose.
                          That's kinda why I like how Rogers Centre looks in the outfield with the upper deck, and then all those weird ****ing windows above it.

Arlington Park(where the Rangers play) has a similar look behind their bleachers.
                          The Roger center was pretty cool when it first came out. Camden yards, old Yankee (76-to 2008) and Fenway where my favs. I dislike the redsox very much but they have the best hotdogs there. Camden yards has great food as well.

Comment

I miss old Giants stadium so much.......
                            I do too actually. Not sure if ur being sarcastic but the parking and easiness of getting to your seats in the upper deck was so much better there imo. Better atmosphere for football I felt.

Comment

I do too actually. Not sure if ur being sarcastic but the parking and easiness of getting to your seats in the upper deck was so much better there imo. Better atmosphere for football I felt.
                              No I'm serious. I hate the new stadium. over 2 billion dollars for a chunk of ****ing steel with no thought put into it. it's like half that price without the union-rapist- labor pricing. it's awful.
                              I miss the spirals lol
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

No I'm serious. I hate the new stadium. over 2 billion dollars for a chunk of ****ing steel with no thought put into it. it's like half that price without the union-rapist- labor pricing. it's awful.
                                I miss the spirals lol
                                Couldnít agree more. It is like a giant factory the new place. Iíve only been to the new place twice and decided I would never spend my money to go there again. I miss the escalators at the old place. The new place I took I think it was 4 escalators to get to the upper deck lol. It took 30 mins, **** that.

Comment

Working...
                                X