This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Couldnít agree more. It is like a giant factory the new place. Iíve only been to the new place twice and decided I would never spend my money to go there again. I miss the escalators at the old place. The new place I took I think it was 4 escalators to get to the upper deck lol. It took 30 mins, **** that.
    hhaha yep. also they don't even have escalators at all the sides. so you might get stuck walking down 1000 stairs, or endless ramps instead. pretty inconsistent!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Mehhh. The museums cool.
      Iím debating taking my daughter to her first game this year but may just go to Camden yards instead.

Comment

• They're doing WrestleMania at the Meadowlands next April again. Pretty sure I'm buying tickets for that over any Giants games lol. Basically the same price, except I won't leave crying lmao
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I miss Meadowlands, too. Took one of 4 escalators to the 1st level and you could walk around the whole thing without being stopped. You could see down onto the field, too, until they put up walls between aisles to the seats in the 90's (?). The new stadium is a cluster ___. you can't walk 100 feet underneath without running into a wall. The escalator on the side where I park is a joke.... go up one level and, instead of the next level starting right near there you have to walk all the way back, directly above where the first level started. If you don't take the escalator you have to walk up 20 sets of stairs or ramps that suddenly stop, and then you've got to find where it picks up again to get to the next set of stairs.

Comment

• I feel like I grew up in the old Giants stadium in the 1980's.....dozens of concerts, Giants and Cosmos games......partying in the parking lot.

Great memories.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
              I feel like I grew up in the old Giants stadium in the 1980's.....dozens of concerts, Giants and Cosmos games......partying in the parking lot.

Great memories.
              Yeah, I went to a Cosmos game and the smell of Pot was ALL over. . That's when I realized the Giant crowd was different, for sure. Also got tix for some of the Generals games, which also had that same familiar smell, and a much younger crowd... and saw the Dead there somewhere around '93. After partying outside for a few hours I went inside and there were maybe 50M inside, Then I realized there were 2X more than that still outside partying. It was insane. Couldn't find a spot tp park in that entire lot. Had my first and last shrooms then.

Comment

• Ha Zim
                I saw some Generals games too.
                The shrooms I tried in 97 in North Carolina.
                Not at a game.
                Pretty sure there were girls involved but I remember staring at the checkered black and white bathroom tile floor mostly.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                  Ha Zim
                  I saw some Generals games too.
                  The shrooms I tried in 97 in North Carolina.
                  Not at a game..
                  Pretty sure there were girls involved but I remember staring at the checkered black and white bathroom tile floor mostly.
                  haha. I was 46. I was supposed to hook up with my youngest son and 8-10 of his friends. They all called me Poppa Z. No cell phones in those days, so when I got my spot in the lot I started to walk around the stadium trying to find them.... they also had scouts out looking for me. Took 1-1/2 hours before we finally found each other. I had gone about 3/4 around the stadium. I'm already well toked up, and a few beers, and they start bragging on the shrooms they brought with. I tried some and they did nothing for me, so I never bothered again.
                  An aside... my son was with this beautiful girl from Spain that he met at the Jersey Shore where I lived before moving to PA that year... she was over here for the summer as a nanny... she couldn't speak a lick of English. She left at the end of the summer, and that was that. Twenty years later they hook up on the net. My son says... remember that girl, Carmen, that I was with at the Dead Concert? We hooked up on the net and she's coming here to visit me for a few months. She spoke a lot more English, and they fall in love. She goes home and comes back a year later and they got married... 3 years ago in May. They live with me now. She's a wonderful lady... my son is a lucky guy.

Comment

Hey thanks for that tip about using the 4 wood off the tee to draw. I did that twice where it applied this weekend and it worked. I didnít get close to the distance I was looking for but I hit my fairways, which was an issue on these two holes in the past. I shaved a stroke off of each of the two holes by doing that.
                    Shaved two strokes?

MH should be giving golf lessons when he retires.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Shaved two strokes?

MH should be giving golf lessons when he retires.
                      Yea I usually bogey both of those holes. I almost count on that for those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        They're doing WrestleMania at the Meadowlands next April again. Pretty sure I'm buying tickets for that over any Giants games lol. Basically the same price, except I won't leave crying lmao
                        Thatís cool. I figure you have a year to hope that Hunter can bridge the gap between Punk and he. Maybe a Triple H v Punk main event next year
                        Last edited by R2Z2; 04-16-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Yea I usually bogey both of those holes. I almost count on that for those two.
                          Well the guy is a scratch golfer. Who wouldn't pay to work with someone like that to improve their game?

And then maybe he can solve crimes at night. That'd be cool.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Well the guy is a scratch golfer. Who wouldn't pay to work with someone like that to improve their game?

And then maybe he can solve crimes at night. That'd be cool.
                            Lol sounds like a new series on FX.

Comment

• Sarc did you watch the Mets game tonight ? Degrom was dominant

Comment

Sarc did you watch the Mets game tonight ? Degrom was dominant
                                Too bad he won't get a W. He earned one.

And yeah, I thought he looked great.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X