Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually just watched a 2016 cut up of Flowers after posting that........he is really bad. Particularly against speed rushers, he doesn't even get in their way. They are past him before he can even get back deep enough to pick them up. Honestly, they should just line him up in the backfield on passing plays, at least then he has a chance. Ugh, I hate you guys for making me go watch that, I want to cry now. Pretty sad when I can honestly say, I would be more effective in pass protection against speed than he is, at least they might trip over me on the way to Eli.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I feel bad for the kid. I really do. It's not like he's not trying his best. Worked hard all offseason. Talents just not there. And Ben putting him out there again and again only ****s with his head even more. Bet he'll be up all night Saturday staring at the ceiling....sucks.
      It is my understanding (and this is just from people who might know telling me this, so grain of salt) that he does not listen take to coaching well and is under the impression that he knows what he is doing.

Frankly, if he isn't working hard with the coaches to get better and performs that poorly on the field, he should be just cut ouright. So hopefully my information is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Pretty sad when I can honestly say, I would be more effective in pass protection against speed than he is, at least they might trip over me on the way to Eli.
        Well, you could probably stop them in their tracks with your stunning looks, then cut them down with your sharp tongue.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Well, you could probably stop them in their tracks with your stunning looks, then cut them down with your sharp tongue.
          haha, yea if only

Comment

I feel bad for the kid. I really do. It's not like he's not trying his best. Worked hard all offseason. Talents just not there. And Ben putting him out there again and again only ****s with his head even more. Bet he'll be up all night Saturday staring at the ceiling....sucks.
            Not his fault....it's our coach's fault for continuing to play him despite him not being good.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I actually just watched a 2016 cut up of Flowers after posting that........he is really bad. Particularly against speed rushers, he doesn't even get in their way. They are past him before he can even get back deep enough to pick them up. Honestly, they should just line him up in the backfield on passing plays, at least then he has a chance. Ugh, I hate you guys for making me go watch that, I want to cry now. Pretty sad when I can honestly say, I would be more effective in pass protection against speed than he is, at least they might trip over me on the way to Eli.
              he's really bad at just making contact. right at the snap he starts back tracking, and just lets guys run past him. no hands. no contact other than them brushing by him.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

It is my understanding (and this is just from people who might know telling me this, so grain of salt) that he does not listen take to coaching well and is under the impression that he knows what he is doing.

Frankly, if he isn't working hard with the coaches to get better and performs that poorly on the field, he should be just cut ouright. So hopefully my information is wrong.
                Yea I remember hearing that too. Maybe he's frustrated in himself and lashes out. Not a good sign though.
                I'd like to try him at guard before we let him go, or even be a back up guard.

Comment

Yea I remember hearing that too. Maybe he's frustrated in himself and lashes out. Not a good sign though.
                  I'd like to try him at guard before we let him go, or even be a back up guard.
                  Maybe he's a stubborn *** that is pumped up on too much testosterone and angry that the all the steriods have left his **** as nothing but a forgotten memory?

Honestly, IDC what it is, he needs to get better or GTFO. At this point nothing has changed since he was drafted, either he is unwilling or unable to improve.

Comment

Working...
                  X