Clear All

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
    Snackdown/Raw draft> nfl draft
    hahaha
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I think the proper name of that game is Ookie Cookie. I believe some parts of the country call it frost the cookie. All I know for sure about it is you that don't want to lose,
      in the UK, it's soggy biscuit
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Some 1st round quality O-Linemen still available for our next pick
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Some 1st round quality O-Linemen still available for our next pick
          Yes, I wasnít thrilled with our pick but no sense complaining about it now. He is super talented and like you said some quality linemen to be had. I hope these next two picks are just that.

Comment

• I dont fully agree with the whole "short term life span" of a running back. Plenty of running backs last longer than 5-6 years.

Comment

• I'm just going to say it......

One of the QBs drafted in the top 10 last night is going to SUCK.
              it's inevitable. Odds just don't work that way where all these guys are NFL quality or have longevity, etc.
              So...that could have been us. I'm not disappointed.

We're trained to think our GM is going to make questionable decisions. Maybe we can hold off the judgment on the new GM until he proves inept lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I'm just going to say it......

One of the QBs drafted in the top 10 last night is going to SUCK.
                it's inevitable. Odds just don't work that way where all these guys are NFL quality or have longevity, etc.
                So...that could have been us. I'm not disappointed.

We're trained to think our GM is going to make questionable decisions. Maybe we can hold off the judgment on the new GM until he proves inept lol
                Thats how Im looking at it as well.
                Yea I think Darnold will crash and burn. The Jets traded a lot just to move up 3 spots to take someone who probably would have been there anyway....ahhh the Jets...

Comment

• I think we should get Hernandez today. He was projected in the 18-22 pick range, but there really wasn't much of a need for a lot of teams. Let's take the guard and give our RB and whoever our QB over the next 5 years will be, some protection lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• the only QB I would have been ok with was if we traded back and took Rosen where he was drafted by the Cards.....BUT THERE WAS NO GUARANTEE he would have been there, so....

Also, Rosen was mad funny last night: "There were nine mistakes made ahead of me" lmao
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                      I think there's something to Davis Webb that they see, and couldn't risk passing up a guy that instantly makes the offense better.
                      But still quite a few on here that don't seem to even know that Webb exists, that the offensive scheme will be completely different, that our new GM has been working on the line and will continue that...

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Thats how Im looking at it as well.
                        Yea I think Darnold will crash and burn. The Jets traded a lot just to move up 3 spots to take someone who probably would have been there anyway....ahhh the Jets...
                        The only thing I can say definitively about Darnold is that he has a hideously huge head.
                        He may be the only NFL QB in NYC in history who would get any *****.
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

Not necessarily, the pick last night was a short term pick by a short term GM. I canít imagine Gettleman will be the Giants GM long term. He is 67 I believe, Iím sure he is looking to win right now. They have no loyalty to Webb I would gather either. They didnít draft him. This was a quick fix.
                          But, Mara was there when they picked Webb, and certainly had some input as to whether or not he thought adding another QB at No.2 was best, or roll the dice with Webb.
                          Sterling Shepard said he thinks Webb can be a very good QB and has already mastered (Eli said the same) the new offense, ahead of Eli. https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ense-117645822

The kid is 6'5" and has a great arm. Many NY Giant players have also said they liked Webb. These guys can see him every day, and know what an NFL QB should look like. Who know he could be every bit as good as the other 4 usual suspects.
                          I thought dissing a QB pick was best. I am OK with Barkley but would have preferred trading down and getting more top rounds value. There are still some very good OL out there for tonight's pick.
                          Last edited by zimonami; 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

But still quite a few on here that don't seem to even know that Webb exists, that the offensive scheme will be completely different, that our new GM has been working on the line and will continue that...
                            Reading a bunch of different threads, I knew it would be like this: the same people who hate Eli are hating this pick because they didn't get a QB (I exclude Morehead from that group because I have not heard him say anything sour and I'll take him at his word that he'll trust the Giants see something in Webb).

I understand there are people who had their preferences, but now they're acting like Gettleman just ran over their dog. It's ridiculous. No one can deny Gettleman's conviction for Barkley: He had him rated as high as Peyton Manning. I'm sorry I don't care who you are on this board and how much you think you know but I guarantee there isn't a single poster on this board that knows as much about football or has the life experience with it as Gettleman.

For me, as excited as I was last night, going forward I am not going to toot Barkley's horn around here. I'll just sit back and let the Giants continue to put the team together and ignore those posters who I cannot even believe are actually Giants fans. You'd think we drafted a bum judging from reactions.

Too ****ing bad.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

The only thing I can say definitively about Darnold is that he has a hideously huge head.

Seriously though, aren't you a liiittle bit happy with the pick?

I wanted Nelson but I couldn't help but smile when they picked Barkley.

I dont know, I feel like free agency is a better way to find a qb. Sure the Giants will have to spend a lot, but you're spending on a proven or somewhat proven QB. I think it;s the best way to go. Better than taking a shot in the dark and wasting such a high pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

The Mets have a Mr. Met, Darnold can be Mr. Jet. Still won't get him any *****, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X