This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Speaking of old movies, Raging Bull was on one of the HBOs last evening.

"If I see ya put ya hands on that plate one mo time I'ma stab you with this knife, ya hear me.."
    man...old Deniro was ****ing crazy. him and his crazy eyes....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Nah, he's just contrary.

The guy would argue with an empty room.
      He's constantly arguing with me for agreeing with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

He's constantly arguing with me for agreeing with him.
        WRONG!!!!!
        (CWIDT?)
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

The league certainly makes enough money to offer it. I think that there's definitely a degree of responsibility there, when they ask these guys to put their bodies on the line for the sake of entertainment.
          Funny the NFLPA never goes on strike for a safer work environment, just for money. When they retire and now are suffering because they did have a safe work environment, they go and ask for more money. IDK, I think it should be the NFLPA taking care of these players healthcare after they retire. Maybe make sure that is in the next CBA instead of making a hard line on the franchise tag like they are planning. They safety of the players is clearly secondary to everyone involved, including the players. So I wonder why we should care about it?

Comment

Funny the NFLPA never goes on strike for a safer work environment, just for money. When they retire and now are suffering because they did have a safe work environment, they go and ask for more money. IDK, I think it should be the NFLPA taking care of these players healthcare after they retire. Maybe make sure that is in the next CBA instead of making a hard line on the franchise tag like they are planning. They safety of the players is clearly secondary to everyone involved, including the players. So I wonder why we should care about it?
            didn't the last CBA presented by the NFLPA have all the requests for medical coverage post-retirement? It's probably the part they had to nix from the negotiations, but I know they've brought it up....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So I wonder why we should care about it?
              Well, I get your point, but....as a human I'm more concerned about their safety than what they make. But, it's not exactly shocking that people in the business of making money for themselves make that the priority over safety and prolonging their life....

But hey....whadda we know, right?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

didn't the last CBA presented by the NFLPA have all the requests for medical coverage post-retirement? It's probably the part they had to nix from the negotiations, but I know they've brought it up....
                Yes, it was among their first items to nix. They would have given in someplace else if this was a priority. The NFLPA seems to only try to maintain the high income of the top end players and do nothing to protect the other players. Maybe they should consider an individual player cap valued at 10% of the cap in any individual year. This would allow more money to filter to the other players and make retaining you key players more likely since you know the upper limit. It would allow them to do away with the franchise tag altogether.

Comment

• https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-kenneth-dixon

good luck to bobby rainey

Comment

Yes, it was among their first items to nix. They would have given in someplace else if this was a priority. The NFLPA seems to only try to maintain the high income of the top end players and do nothing to protect the other players. Maybe they should consider an individual player cap valued at 10% of the cap in any individual year. This would allow more money to filter to the other players and make retaining you key players more likely since you know the upper limit. It would allow them to do away with the franchise tag altogether.
                    I don't disagree, but...there are already single season salaries significantly higher than that already.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• You guys know the story about Rod Carew's heart transplant? Amazing story.

Comment

Working...
                      X