Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Teeing up" baloney.....I'll tee YOU up.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      "Teeing up" baloney.....I'll tee YOU up.
      I've never seen a QB who exposes his WR's to more big hits than Eli. He does it all the time.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        If something isn't done about the OL, and I doubt it will be, then my expectations for this season just went from 11-5 to 6-10.
        It sucked last year, Joe, and we still made the playoffs. We essentially added Marshall in place of Cruz and Ellison and Engrem to make the TE position better. But, it is the same ugly OL, and we will depend upon the D to keep us in games. Pray they remain healthy. Meanwhile I have seen Offensive Lines mature, become familiar with each other, and play very effectively, ala the '86 Giant's. Individually they were good, but not great. After playing together for a few years they started to look real late in the '85 season, and it carried through. For some reason Reese and McAdoo have confidence that this group will miraculously become an effective line, like '86.
        Honestly, I don't see it, but think we can survive and make the playoffs if they are similar to last season.

Comment

• Zim-
          I guess my frustration, and a lot of others' frustrations, are that this team is finally loaded on both sides of the ball, and the one unit that can sink the ship has already been drowning....IF they had gotten better, they'd be showing it, preseason or not. They look like they've gotten worse.
          imo....
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            Zim-
            I guess my frustration, and a lot of others' frustrations, are that this team is finally loaded on both sides of the ball, and the one unit that can sink the ship has already been drowning....IF they had gotten better, they'd be showing it, preseason or not. They look like they've gotten worse.
            imo....
            Well.....they invested in areas of need(mostly), and continuously ignored the OL. So I totally see what youre saying.
            I know it ain't a pretty pick, but we need to bypass the flashy picks like Engram and just get what we ACTUALLY need.

I used to follow the logic of best player available, but....if you pick in the middle of a round, and you have 3 good WRs, you don't draft a WR just because he's the best player on the board. I know I'm not a GM, but I don't really understand the concept of not actually fixing a team.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I've always had a problem with how we never try to get a playmaker LB.

Fun fact, we haven't even drafted a LB since the 2011 draft. lol
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                I've always had a problem with how we never try to get a playmaker LB.

Fun fact, we haven't even drafted a LB since the 2011 draft. lol
                Our LB's look damned good actually.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Well.....they invested in areas of need(mostly), and continuously ignored the OL. So I totally see what youre saying.
                  I know it ain't a pretty pick, but we need to bypass the flashy picks like Engram and just get what we ACTUALLY need.

I used to follow the logic of best player available, but....if you pick in the middle of a round, and you have 3 good WRs, you don't draft a WR just because he's the best player on the board. I know I'm not a GM, but I don't really understand the concept of not actually fixing a team.
                  I was as excited about Engram and Marshall as anyone.....but for the last two weeks, it's almost as if we bought a ferrari with tires from walmart.....or a gun with no bullets......or a house with no roof.......or a guitar with no strings....or a.....

ok I'll stop.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• This is our offense.

Comment

• or this

Comment

• LMAO!
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                        X