This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

One of the best steaks I ever had was in Vegas too. I dont remember the name or where it was because I day drink on vaca and while in Vegas. .It was like this fancy, swank red restaurant. They seared the **** outa that steak, hmmmmmph!
    yea, that sounds kinda like Delmonico. But I have to assume your description probably fits a lot of Vegas restaurants lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

yea, that sounds kinda like Delmonico. But I have to assume your description probably fits a lot of Vegas restaurants lol
      I was reading about the Delmonico steak ..it seems Delmonico is about the preparation and cooking of in a lot of cases the rib eye cut .. Probably chefs choice of cut in most cases

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
        I was reading about the Delmonico steak ..it seems Delmonico is about the preparation and cooking of in a lot of cases the rib eye cut .. Probably chefs choice of cut in most cases
        I don't remember which cut I got that day. Rib eye might be what I went with.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I've always been kind of amazed when people don't know how to order a steak. If you go to most places, you just order the cut, and they serve it the way it's supposed to be cooked. It ain't burger king! you don't get it, "your way"!! lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

it is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delmonico_steak

Comment

I've always been kind of amazed when people don't know how to order a steak. If you go to most places, you just order the cut, and they serve it the way it's supposed to be cooked. It ain't burger king! you don't get it, "your way"!! lol
              No, with steak you order your preferred doneness.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

No, with steak you order your preferred doneness.
                INCORRECT!!!!

The customer is not right.

Would you order a medium well filet mignon? No...you wouldn't....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

INCORRECT!!!!

The customer is not right.

Would you order a medium well filet mignon? No...you wouldn't....

Lots of people do though. If somebody finds the sight of red liquid running out of their steak to be unappetizing, who are you helping by making them get their steak that way. It is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Yea, I think you're right, hes an older guy. He said he started feeling like this last week after he spent all day cleaning out the garage which pissed me off cause I have no problem helping, he was just bored. Theres a bunch of heavy **** in there. He had pneumonia in Sept, didnt tell anybody about it for a few days of course, but same thing happened. His heart rate was way up and he was feeling weak.
                    I've had heart problems for 2 years. They know so much more today... he should be fine. Good luck.

Comment

we don't go out a lot but The Texas roadhouse isn't to bad .. You go in , pick your steak out from the meat case tell them how you want it cooked sides you want, etc. Then they take you to a table waitresses/waiters take over from there...
                      We go to the Tiki Bar in Boyertown, PA where you pick your meat choice (4-5 different steak cuts, salmon, thresher, clams, steak kabobs, alligator) and you bring it to these large, covered grills big enough for about 10 people to stand around and outfitted with every sauce, Marinade, rubs, etc. you can imagine and you cook your own and BS around the grill. When you get to your seat they bring the potato, salad, veggies, etc, The steaks are primo.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

We go to the Tiki Bar in Boyertown, PA where you pick your meat choice (4-5 different steak cuts, salmon, thresher, clams, steak kabobs, alligator) and you bring it to these large, covered grills big enough for about 10 people to stand around and outfitted with every sauce, Marinade, rubs, etc. you can imagine and you cook your own and BS around the grill. When you get to your seat they bring the potato, salad, veggies, etc, The steaks are primo.
                        sounds like a cool place ..all this talk about steak made me want one so off to the store .. I'm thinking a nice eye chuck cut will do for tonight ..
                        Last edited by byron; Today, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X