This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

When I was 22 years old you could get a CD paying 15%.
    yeah, I remember... and home mortgages were up there, too. Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

lol. Good stuff. One of the more embarrassing things that ever happened to me was i was trying to talk to/check out this woman next to me on a treadmill at the gym. I turned to make eye contact and slipped face forward on the tredmill. It messsd my face up pretty good and hurt my ego even more lol.
      Why were you getting drunk for a workout?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
        Boating can be very dangerous without flurting with disaster ... I pulled.. out of boothbay harbor a few years ago had 2 other boats following me .. We got out to open water at the head of Sheepscot bay headed for Fort Popham and the Kennebec river heading home ...
        Its quite a little ways and your off shore a bit and a fog rolled in and I talking fast... Now I was chasing bouys for navigation Within minutes I can no longer see them ....We had to stop all I had was a small hand held GPS maybe a 2 inch screen and I'm trying to figure out just where the **** I am..
        People are stating to get a little nervous and to lighten things up I shouted out is anybody scared yet ?? Truth be told I was scared and feeling super responsible to everybody in safely .. As luck would have in about 20 or 30 mins the fog started lift and I started moving .. There is a bell buoy off popham we'd go aways stop and listen and eventually got within ear shot .. What a relief got into the Kennebec and everything cleared out ..

Soon after that I got myself a much better GPS 6" screen with tracking.. I'd always track myself after that if I lost sight navigation I could follow my track back no problem as long as I didn't lose Satellite which is pretty dependable... that **** happened to me more than once man there are so many things ...
        Mostly boating is dangerous because there are so many people who go out there without a clue on the simple rules of navigation. Even in a bay or lake you need to be careful some idiot playing with his new toy doesn't try to kill you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          This may seem like a dumb question but:
          If you're out on a boat, let's say a medium sized boat that holds 10 people or so, a fishing/recreational boat.....and suddenly the boat springs a leak....whatever reason....now the boat is literally sinking. What do you do? Call the Coast Guard? Put on a life jacket?
          Are there instant inflatable life boats? Do they have oars? What about small outboard motors?
          This is the part I'd be buggin out about.....I can swim but I'd be tired after 10 minutes......and then it'd be farewell and ado to ye fair spanish ladies....

I mean, what's the backup plan??
          It depends on the boat. Mine has life jackets, but I only use it on a lake big lake, but still well within swimming distance of land for anyone wearing a life jacket. If I were to take it out to the ocean or the great lakes I would probably get an emergency inflatable stowed on there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

If someone asks you how you are at a funeral, they do not mean at that very moment while all are there grieving. That question means, "In general, how ya' doing?" If you have been doing well to that point, sa'y, very well. Thank you'.
            The single most important thing is that they will see you sober, relaxed, and standing proud of yourself... and, you should be.
            I managed to not interact with a soul and was seen to be there by the boss, mission accomplished.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
              had fun today guys thanks for putting up with my bull ... Jenn hope things went well ... I got to ask is Jenn the way you prefer other than JMike I see one n being used and I forget ...just want to get it right thanks ...
              either way doesn't matter; just not "Jen" it annoys me, for very stupid reasons I know, but still

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

When I was 22 years old you could get a CD paying 15%.
                They didn't have CDs when you were 22, they had records and 8-tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Iím not doing this. I have far too many of these stories and nearly all of them end up with me sleeping naked somewhere. Unfortunately, itís also nearly always a public place.
                  LOL, me too. Based on the way I woke up once, I got drunk, blacked out, did naked mud wrestling and then put my clothes back on without cleaning off the mud...wth. Nobody I went out with the night before had any clue how I got covered with mud, last they saw I was heading to bed around 2. Where do you find naked mud wrestling at around 3 am on a Tuesday in the middle of bum**** PA anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

either way doesn't matter; just not "Jen" it annoys me, for very stupid reasons I know, but still
                    that's what I thought Jenn it is.... thanks

Comment

Mostly boating is dangerous because there are so many people who go out there without a clue on the simple rules of navigation. Even in a bay or lake you need to be careful some idiot playing with his new toy doesn't try to kill you.
                      very true... Long time ago I was a bit of a loose canon no doubt just add alcohol... Thank god I never hurt anybody ... I have had some sort of boat since I was old enough to paddle one ... The one I have now is just to much for me anymore... I love driving it , me and a tank of gas it will hit 55 mph fairly easy just need room and half descent conditions ... Most times , people aboard , I run it up to 25 to 35 just cruse ..

Comment

Where do you find naked mud wrestling at around 3 am on a Tuesday in the middle of bum**** PA anyway?

It's probably rampant.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

They didn't have CDs when you were 22, they had records and 8-tracks.
                          MH has always been ahead of his times. He invested in Certificates of Deposit before you were born.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

GIVE US ONE
                            Readers Digest Version: My friend is having a party. About 11pm a guest tells my friend Kelly that there is a naked guy sleeping behind the couch in the den. Kelly says, ďare his clothes rolled up in a ball being used as a pillow? If so, thatís just Mike, heíll get a second wind, and be back out here drinking in a couple of hours. Around 1:30am, I wake up, walk straight outside and dive into the pool, come back in, put my clothes back on and rejoin the party.

When I come back in the girl is paying off a lost $10 bet to Kelly who is laughing saying itís the closest thing to a sure thing sheís ever bet on.

Comment

• I want to know if you were sleeping on your back or on your stomach
                              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Working...
                              X