This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    There's 3 or 4 posters who all they do is ***** and moan about Eli.
    It's gotten so tired.
    Really?...Did you miss the mob mentality last week when Geno was announced as the starter? And you're complaining about the "3 or 4" who didn't go along with the mob?

This is your complaint?
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Really?...Did you miss the mob mentality last week when Geno was announced as the starter? And you're complaining about the "3 or 4" who didn't go along with the mob?

This is your complaint?
      No, that's not my complaint.
      My complaint is: the posters I'm referring to (and you are not one of them) have been posting this Eli hate ever since I joined this board, and I'm sure for a long time before that.
      They way you described the backlash against benching Eli has now become a backlash for resuming starting Eli.
      It makes any discussion of anything football related a chore, because they always turn it into an Eli thing, even when the thread has nothing to do with him.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Lord have mercy
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Lord have mercy
          Well they kept it interesting for 3 quarters or so .... To much wrong with this team right now ...Should be another interesting week , not sure what they'll do on the D Webb front , give the start against the Eagles ? time will tell ...

Comment

No, that's not my complaint.
            My complaint is: the posters I'm referring to (and you are not one of them) have been posting this Eli hate ever since I joined this board, and I'm sure for a long time before that.
            They way you described the backlash against benching Eli has now become a backlash for resuming starting Eli.
            It makes any discussion of anything football related a chore, because they always turn it into an Eli thing, even when the thread has nothing to do with him.
            I know the guys you're talking about but they are harmless. MY complain is the Eli PC crap. Any criticism of Eli is akin to some form of blasphemy. It all came to a head after the Geno announcement. If you even dared to criticize Eli at that point you were attacked mercilessly.

I just think it's interesting that after all that nonsense with the million snowflake march that went on here, you choose to go after the very few who resisted.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Well like I posted in my thread I apologized because I started it out of raw emotion and took it out on the Eli haters. That was wrong.
              But I still dislike the same people anyway because of their agenda....I just won't engage them anymore.

Look....we are at a crossroads with this team we haven't seen...I understand why people want Eli out, and I also understand why its hard to let go of the past.

It doesn't excuse posters who are really trolls.
              "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I know the guys you're talking about but they are harmless. MY complain is the Eli PC crap. Any criticism of Eli is akin to some form of blasphemy. It all came to a head after the Geno announcement. If you even dared to criticize Eli at that point you were attacked mercilessly.

I just think it's interesting that after all that nonsense with the million snowflake march that went on here, you choose to go after the very few who resisted.
                I donít agree with that view, I think itís overblown. Although the info to noise ratio does make it difficult to discern.

I take the homer view not because I think heís great, he clearly isnít and Iíve never posted differently. I defend him firstly to entertain myself, without an opposing view the boards are pretty pointless and secondly because the extreme opposing views are so fundamentally ignorant that itís fun to poke holes in them. Itís a bit like the mirror image of you and 420.

Comment

Well like I posted in my thread I apologized because I started it out of raw emotion and took it out on the Eli haters. That was wrong.
                  But I still dislike the same people anyway because of their agenda....I just won't engage them anymore.

Look....we are at a crossroads with this team we haven't seen...I understand why people want Eli out, and I also understand why its hard to let go of the past.

It doesn't excuse posters who are really trolls.
                  I think most of those guys are actually well within the 80% middle and they poke the other side just get a rise.

I agree with MS that most are good guys, good Giant fans and completely harmless. And imo, Harooni is a great poster. He makes this place better plus heís funny as hell. There are a couple of complete trolls but I generally ignore them because theyíre morons. Same is true for extreme homers.

Comment

• sorry for the edit
                    Last edited by byron; Yesterday, 10:59 PM. Reason: useless information

Comment

Working...
                    X