Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 4 years ago I had to have heart surgery; it's called an ablation and I think Zim had it done also. Anyways they got me on the table, naked, strapped down, and I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to knock me out.
    The surgeon comes in and I swear to God, he's wearing a Patriots surgical cap.

I didn't know if I was coming back on the other side of this thing, so I figured I'd go out just the way I'd like:
    I looked him square in the eye and said "Is this a bad time to tell you I'm a Giants fan?"

He and everyone in the room just laughed. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed recovering.

EAGLES LOSE.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      About 4 years ago I had to have heart surgery; it's called an ablation and I think Zim had it done also. Anyways they got me on the table, naked, strapped down, and I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to knock me out.
      The surgeon comes in and I swear to God, he's wearing a Patriots surgical cap.

I didn't know if I was coming back on the other side of this thing, so I figured I'd go out just the way I'd like:
      I looked him square in the eye and said "Is this a bad time to tell you I'm a Giants fan?"

He and everyone in the room just laughed. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed recovering.

EAGLES LOSE.
      So in a way....it's almost like the Patriots preserved your life, and you just owe them this one lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

So in a way....it's almost like the Patriots preserved your life, and you just owe them this one lol
        Sure, why not?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Sure, why not?
          I admit, that was a bit dramatic of me to say.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• To be fair, I think Russell Wilson repaid them for me already......
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
            X